Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Denying/denouncing Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denying/denouncing Trump

Has anyone heard anything about Jan. 6 prisoners being required to deny or denounce Trump as a condition for release?

The background for that question: The most conservative stations my cable system carries are Fox News and Newsmax, and the only one I really watch is FNC. My best friend dropped cable to save money and has, I dunno, Roku or Goku or something. Whatever, it doesn't carry FNC except as individual video clips that are anywhere from several hours to several months old. So instead she watches One America News and Real America News. They often make FNC seem bland. She hears things on there, but usually does not remember enough detail for me look them up online to see what the flip she's talking about. Yesterday she heard one of the hosts on one of those networks claiming something to the effect that jailed Jan. 6 protesters/rioters/paraders (since the "insurrection" jazz is a libtard fantasy) being required to denounce Bad Orange Man in order to be released.
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
    Has anyone heard anything about Jan. 6 prisoners being required to deny or denounce Trump as a condition for release?

The background for that question: The most conservative stations my cable system carries are Fox News and Newsmax, and the only one I really watch is FNC. My best friend dropped cable to save money and has, I dunno, Roku or Goku or something. Whatever, it doesn't carry FNC except as individual video clips that are anywhere from several hours to several months old. So instead she watches One America News and Real America News. They often make FNC seem bland. She hears things on there, but usually does not remember enough detail for me look them up online to see what the flip she's talking about. Yesterday she heard one of the hosts on one of those networks claiming something to the effect that jailed Jan. 6 protesters/rioters/paraders (since the "insurrection" jazz is a libtard fantasy) being required to denounce Bad Orange Man in order to be released.
    It sounds to me like a story the Trump cult would make up (and there definitely is a literal Trump cult that practically worships the man -- I watch YT videos of these deluded Qanon people). OTOH, considering how deluded a lot of TDS leftists are, I wouldn't totally dismiss it from the realm of possibility. Both sides of the cult are absolute nutso, so anything's possible.

Comment

I think something like being forced to disown Trump would be illegal, so most likely not happening.

You will have heard about gateway drugs; OAN is a gateway to something else - be careful about what you put in your head.

There may be efforts to persuade anti-democratic elements to come back into the real world.
      “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
      “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
      “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I head they have to wear ankle bracelets with Alexa on them that reports on them to the FBI if they say the trigger word "Trump!" and also delivers a 100 million volt electric charge!

Would I make this up?

Comment

First I've heard of anything like this, but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if a radical leftist judge demanded it at some point, or that a Democrat nutjob in Congress suggested it as a condition for release.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

https://pjmedia.com/vodkapundit/2021...eased-n1527628

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

Because blandness is, like, the WORST quality you can have in a news source! Much worse than inaccuracy or bias, IMHO.

It is true that one alleged rioter awaiting trial (Thomas Sibick) denounced Trump in a letter to Judge Jackson, and was subsequently released to the custody of his parents. It's also true that he said a lot of other things in his letter, which may have had more influence on the judge than his denunciation of Trump. Furthermore, there were factors in her decision apart from the letter, such as

Sibick’s attorney, Stephen Brennwald, submitted reports from D.C. Department of Corrections officers detailing Sibick’s “excellent” marks at the D.C. Jail. In one report, dated August 11, a supervisor noted Sibick was “very respectful and helpful” and was a “model inmate.”

and

Jackson said she found reports of the “toxic environment” at the D.C. Jail compelling, as well as the “incredible pressure he’s had to resist to be someone” in the unit with other January 6 defendants. She also noted the government had scoured Sibick’s social media accounts and found no evidence he’d posted threats, either before or after the riot, that have served as justification for holding other defendants in jail.

But ignoring all those other factors certainly does make the news less bland.

Comment

FTR -- In using the word, "bland," I was not making a value judgment one way or the other.
                  Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Christians, it is time to redirect your hatred, and help to expel the Devilish forces who hold your hand:

This Republican culture of violence and threat builds on histories of racial persecution and on policing used as an instrument of terror against non-Whites. Habituation to such violence, reinforced by the presentation of non-Whites as an existential threat to the future of America (as in the “great replacement theory" that Tucker Carlson has referenced on Fox News) makes it easier for the public to accept violence around political events, like elections, as necessary to “save the country.” Tellingly, the participants in the January coup attempt, which was billed as just this kind of patriotic act, included 57 local and state GOP officials and at least 52 active and retired military, law enforcement, and government personnel.
                    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                      I think something like being forced to disown Trump would be illegal, so most likely not happening.
                      Keeping a protester in jail with broken bones without medical treatment is illegal (a judge just found the Washington DC Department of Corrections in contempt for doing just that). If the left does that what makes you think they wouldn't do something like this?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        Keeping a protester in jail with broken bones without medical treatment is illegal (a judge just found the Washington DC Department of Corrections in contempt for doing just that). If the left does that what makes you think they wouldn't do something like this?
                        Christopher Worrell I assume. Certainly, inmates are entitled to medical attention when needed. Nobody would say otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          The left doesn't do that, though I wouldn't put it past the right, which separates children from their families without keeping records so they can eventually be reunited.

The judge was misinformed.

Comment

Christians, it is time to redirect your hatred, and help to expel the Devilish forces who hold your hand:
                            if a Christian hates, his problem is not political. Biden will be expelled in time, he may just start barking like a dog at some point.

Comment

Christopher Worrell I assume. Certainly, inmates are entitled to medical attention when needed. Nobody would say otherwise.
                              Washington DC Department of Corrections did. Since May.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment