Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Supply Chain Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whag
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I never said any such thing! Did somebody pee in your Wheaties and you just need to vent?
    Why not both?

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by whag View Post

The problem is an unsustainable supply chain, which indeed would be vulnerable to money interests, labor exploitation, and chess games. You should know the history of the global economy and how the supply chain has always exploited the poor. Debt and labor are central to this.
    Yeah, and this all just happened to come up now.

The U.S. didn’t care about the consequences of installing many puppet regimes for our economic interests, so you’re pretty naive to think foreign actors will somehow be any more moral today.
    I never said any such thing! Did somebody pee in your Wheaties and you just need to vent?

Leave a comment:

• whag
    replied

Too bad that's not the problem - perhaps you can start your very own thread on that derail.
    The problem is an unsustainable supply chain, which indeed would be vulnerable to money interests, labor exploitation, and chess games. You should know the history of the global economy and how the supply chain has always exploited the poor. Debt and labor are central to this.

The U.S. didn’t care about the consequences of installing many puppet regimes for our economic interests, so you’re pretty naive to think foreign actors will somehow be any more moral today.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by whag View Post

1) Base global economy on pure debt.
    2) Pay slave wages and overwork labor.

What could possibly go wrong?
    Too bad that's not the problem - perhaps you can start your very own thread on that derail.

Leave a comment:

• whag
    replied
    1) Attack oil - shut down our pipe lines and allow Russia theirs - raise gas prices
    2) UNIONS controlling ports

1) Base global economy on pure debt.
    2) Pay slave wages and overwork labor.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied

I'm hoping this will be part of the midterm campaigns.

Then, again, it wouldn't surprise me if the liberals made sudden notable progress just before then.
    If not the MSM will insist they have.

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Did we learn anything at the start of the pandemic when there were shortages in medical equipment which was made in China. There was a lot of bluster about not allowing us to be put in that position ever again, but did anything really change?
    That was before we had someone in the White House who is at China's beck and call.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Did we learn anything at the start of the pandemic when there were shortages in medical equipment which was made in China. There was a lot of bluster about not allowing us to be put in that position ever again, but did anything really change?
    I'm hoping this will be part of the midterm campaigns.

Then, again, it wouldn't surprise me if the liberals made sudden notable progress just before then.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    I'm actually hoping this whole thing wakes people up to the notion of "made in America", not "stuck on a ship offshore".

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Didn't she call it something like "the tragedy of the delayed treadmill" suggesting that people are complaining about not receiving frivolous purchases?

Of course this wouldn't be a problem if Democrats hadn't spent the past couple of decades destroying our domestic manufacturing industry which has forced us to depend primarily on imports for a wide variety of goods.
    I'm actually hoping this whole thing wakes people up to the notion of "made in America", not "stuck on a ship offshore".

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied

And Peppermint Patty blames the American People because we are buying too much after the pandemic! (does that mean she's admitting the pandemic is over?)
    Didn't she call it something like "the tragedy of the delayed treadmill" suggesting that people are complaining about not receiving frivolous purchases?

Of course this wouldn't be a problem if Democrats hadn't spent the past couple of decades destroying our domestic manufacturing industry which has forced us to depend primarily on imports for a wide variety of goods.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    But old Joe's handlers and dog washers keep telling us that high inflation and empty shelves are to be expected in a good economy after a recession.

Funny, I don't recall that happening after the end of any other recession.
    And Peppermint Patty blames the American People because we are buying too much after the pandemic! (does that mean she's admitting the pandemic is over?)

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    But old Joe's handlers and dog washers keep telling us that high inflation and empty shelves are to be expected in a good economy after a recession.

Funny, I don't recall that happening after the end of any other recession.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    started a topic Supply Chain Problem

Supply Chain Problem

1) Attack oil - shut down our pipe lines and allow Russia theirs - raise gas prices
    2) UNIONS controlling ports