Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Supply Chain Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Yes, they ought to fine the ports for every hour that productive activity is not taking place.
    Fine the union workers who are refusing to do their job.

Or even better, do like Reagan and fire the unions, and then hire people who actually want to work.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Fine the union workers who are refusing to do their job.
      Yeah, that's why I mean by "the ports" - they 'own' them. But the liberals are in bed with the Unions, and fear them.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

That may be, unfortunately, that didn't stop the administration from mocking the problem.

Psaki mocked "the tragedy of the treadmill that's delayed."
        Biden's Chief of Staff mocked issues as a "high-class problems."
        The White House downplaying a problem? Tell me it isn't so!

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post

The White House downplaying a problem? Tell me it isn't so!
          Wow, a handwave dismissal from stoic!? Nobody would've seen that coming

Comment

Wow, a handwave dismissal from stoic!? Nobody would've seen that coming
            I believe handwaving is just blaming it all on Joe Biden.

If there was a Republican in the White House, conservatives would be falling all over themselves explaining how capitalism would fix the problem, since higher prices for products would lead to greater production, and higher transportation prices would allow more goods to be delivered. All that is needed is a little patience.

But since there is a Democrat in the White House, the claim is that he caused the problem, even though he didn't start the pandemic, and he wasn't the one who botched the response to it. Or that he should be doing more about it, even though "more" would obviously be more regulations on the businesses whose profit motive is at the root of the problem.

Comment

Yes, they ought to fine the ports for every hour that productive activity is not taking place.
              Yuh. The shipping companies should charge the ports for tying up their ships for weeks. They have to pay for the crews just sitting there, burning fuel and food and not getting any work done for weeks! Which means those ships can't be going to other ports to pick up the next shipments.

Comment

Nah, they ought to fine the trucking companies that aren't transporting shipping containers away from the ports fast enough.

Comment

Nah, they ought to fine the trucking companies that aren't transporting shipping containers away from the ports fast enough.
                  Not their fault. They can't get enough drivers. Again Biden's policies are the problem.

Comment

If there was a Republican in the White House, conservatives would be falling all over themselves explaining how capitalism would fix the problem, since higher prices for products would lead to greater production, and higher transportation prices would allow more goods to be delivered. All that is needed is a little patience.
                    Straw man arguments sure are easy to defeat, aren't they?

Comment

Or fine the state of California which has made it very difficult for trucking companies to operate in their state, especially ones not based in California.....

Comment

But since there is a Democrat in the White House, the claim is that he caused the problem, even though he didn't start the pandemic, and he wasn't the one who botched the response to it. Or that he should be doing more about it, even though "more" would obviously be more regulations on the businesses whose profit motive is at the root of the problem.

Of course it isn't all old Joe's fault. It's just that everything he has touched in his less than a year he's been in office, ends up broken. If there is a problem with something we can count on him to make it much, much worse.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Or fine the state of California which has made it very difficult for trucking companies to operate in their state, especially ones not based in California.....
                          I heard something the other day about not allowing trucks that don't meet California's stringent emission laws to pick up freight -- IOW, any truck from out of state, but don't know if that's true.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Thats alot of words, none of which deal with Biden Administration mocking the issues.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              Of course it isn't all old Joe's fault. It's just that everything he has touched in his less than a year he's been in office, ends up broken. If there is a problem with something we can count on him to make it much, much worse.
                              He's like an inverse King Midas. Instead of everything he touches turning to gold, it turns to, well, you know...

Comment

Thats alot of words, none of which deal with Biden Administration mocking the issues.
                                I dealt with that in my previous post. They're trying to make light of the problem, just as Trump tried to make light of the coronavirus. Except in this case, the problem will likely take care of itself, without too many people dying.

Comment