Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Supply Chain Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Unfortunately, all that practice is taking her from cute and perky to worn and haggard.
    Well, yeah, there's that. She's nowhere NEAR as 'chipper' as she was when she thought she was SUCH the media darling.

Now she's competing with Baghdad Bob!

baghdadbobcartoon.jpg
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Unfortunately, all that practice is taking its toll. She's gone from cute and perky to worn and haggard.
      She thought it was going to be a "fun" job that would look great on her resume. And at first that's how it went. A press corp obediently submitting their marshmallow (can't even call them softballs) questions in advance. Little did she realize that she would soon be defending the indefensible day in and day out.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

She thought it was going to be a "fun" job that would look great on her resume. And at first that's how it went. A press corp obediently submitting their marshmallow (can't even call them softballs) questions in advance. Little did she realize that she would soon be defending the indefensible day in and day out.
        I wonder if her hair is graying like a POTUS does during his term.... but she keeps using the hair-in-a-bottle.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          I wonder if her hair is graying like a POTUS does during his term.... but she keeps using the hair-in-a-bottle.
          POTUSs already have a bunch of miles on them. The current one seems bald and flat. She's still relatively young.

But I wouldn't doubt that she mighta spotted her first one

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            But old Joe's handlers and dog washers keep telling us that high inflation and empty shelves are to be expected in a good economy after a recession.

Funny, I don't recall that happening after the end of any other recession.
            I suspect a more complete explanation would involve how so many people who lost their jobs during the pandemic went out and got different jobs, and how a supply chain that is optimized for efficiency during good times might not be robust enough to recover quickly after the strain put on it during the last few years.

And I wouldn't be surprised if there are a lot of other factors than the ones I've mentioned.

Comment

Didn't she call it something like "the tragedy of the delayed treadmill" suggesting that people are complaining about not receiving frivolous purchases?

Of course this wouldn't be a problem if Democrats hadn't spent the past couple of decades destroying our domestic manufacturing industry which has forced us to depend primarily on imports for a wide variety of goods.
              That was in response to a question from a reporter. He listed several other more important things first, fumbled around in his brain for a fraction of a second to find one more thing to add, and unfortunately chose "treadmills." Jenerally Psucky latched onto it like a remora.
              Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

I promise, I would NEVER pee in your Wheaties! NEVER.
                Of course not. It would be obvious. Pee in his O.J.
                Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Comment

Fox News reports some CA ports are going to start fining shipping companies.

And as we know, companies don't pay fines, customers do.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

Yes, supposedly fining for each container on each ship per day.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post

I suspect a more complete explanation would involve how so many people who lost their jobs during the pandemic went out and got different jobs, and how a supply chain that is optimized for efficiency during good times might not be robust enough to recover quickly after the strain put on it during the last few years.

And I wouldn't be surprised if there are a lot of other factors than the ones I've mentioned.
                      Such things tend to be complex. Such things are also exacerbated by incompetence and ineptitude

Comment

Even when the economy is circling the drain, the government makes sure it gets "theirs" one way or another.

Kinda like the mafia.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post

That may be, unfortunately, that didn't stop the administration from mocking the problem.

Psaki mocked "the tragedy of the treadmill that's delayed."
                          Biden's Chief of Staff mocked issues as a "high-class problems."

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

That may be, unfortunately, that didn't stop the administration from mocking the problem.

Psaki mocked "the tragedy of the treadmill that's delayed."
                            Biden's Chief of Staff mocked issues as a "high-class problems."
                            They also claimed that skyrocketing inflation and empty shelves are typical for a strong growing economy coming out of a recession.

Comment

What sense does that make? As far I'm aware of the situation, the problem is not with the shipping companies but with the union dock workers being unable/unwilling to move the containers off the ships.
                              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

What sense does that make? As far I'm aware of the situation, the problem is not with the shipping companies but with the union dock workers being unable/unwilling to move the containers off the ships.
                                Yes, they ought to fine the ports for every hour that productive activity is not taking place.

Comment