Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Supply Chain Problem

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    But old Joe's handlers and dog washers keep telling us that high inflation and empty shelves are to be expected in a good economy after a recession.

    Funny, I don't recall that happening after the end of any other recession.
    That is but evidence that a good economy after a recession is unprecedented.
    1Cor 15:34 εκνηψατε δικαιως και μη αμαρτανετε αγνωσιαν γαρ θεου τινες εχουσιν προς εντροπην υμιν λεγω

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by tabibito View Post

      That is but evidence that a good economy after a recession is unprecedented.
      You're wanting Peppermint Patty's job, aren't you?
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

        You're wanting Peppermint Patty's job, aren't you?
        Is there any chance that I would do a worse job - or even that a drover's dog would?
        1Cor 15:34 εκνηψατε δικαιως και μη αμαρτανετε αγνωσιαν γαρ θεου τινες εχουσιν προς εντροπην υμιν λεγω

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by tabibito View Post

          Is there any chance that I would do a worse job - or even that a drover's dog would?
          She's practicing getting worse. Give her time.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

            I promise, I would NEVER pee in your Wheaties! NEVER.
            But would you "pay" someone else to do it for you?

            I'm always still in trouble again

            "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              But would you "pay" someone else to do it for you?
              Yeah, I know, you're volunteering!
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

                Yeah, I know, you're volunteering!
                No. I'm talking of the NSA surveillance tape of you offering Thirsty five shiny nickels if he'd do it for you. And how he said he'd pee in anyone's Wheaties if someone asked him to -- and thanked him. Hence the quotation marks around pay.

                Btw, he picked your pocket for a dollar two ninety seven when you weren't looking. He's quite adroit with those long skinny fingers

                I'm always still in trouble again

                "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  No. I'm talking of the NSA surveillance tape of you offering Thirsty five shiny nickels if he'd do it for you. And how he said he'd pee in anyone's Wheaties if someone asked him to -- and thanked him. Hence the quotation marks around pay.

                  Btw, he picked your pocket for a dollar two ninety seven when you weren't looking. He's quite adroit with those long skinny fingers
                  I know NUSSING, I see NUSSING.... Sometimes I even forget who's side I am fighting for!!! NUSSING!
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    I know NUSSING, I see NUSSING.... Sometimes I even forget who's side I am fighting for!!! NUSSING!
                    He made the show.

                    I'm always still in trouble again

                    "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      He made the show.
                      And, as you have pointed out numerous times, what really made this "something" was that he - and most all the major actors - were Jews.
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

                        And, as you have pointed out numerous times, what really made this "something" was that he - and most all the major [German] actors - were Jews.
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                          And, as you have pointed out numerous times, what really made this "something" was that he - and most all the major actors - were Jews.
                          All of the ones playing German parts -- Sgt. Shultz, Col. Klink, Gen. Burkhalter, and the Gestapo officer, Maj. Hochstetter. The first three were actually refugees who fled Nazi control during WWII with the one who played Burkhalter losing his parents in a concentration camp.

                          And that brings us to how one of the actors who played one of the P.O.W.s, the short French "chef" character, Corporal Louis LeBeau (Robert Clary, the last surviving original cast member) was actually interred in a concentration camp for several years and has the tattoo from those days

                          I'm always still in trouble again

                          "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            All of the ones playing German parts -- Sgt. Shultz, Col. Klink, Gen. Burkhalter, and the Gestapo officer, Maj. Hochstetter. The first three were actually refugees who fled Nazi control during WWII with the one who played Burkhalter losing his parents in a concentration camp.

                            And that brings us to how one of the actors who played one of the P.O.W.s, the short French "chef" character, Corporal Louis LeBeau (Robert Clary, the last surviving original cast member) was actually interred in a concentration camp for several years and has the tattoo from those days
                            So, when people began to object to Hogan's Heroes "mocking" the POW situation -- learning this, they totally change their views.
                            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                              1) Attack oil - shut down our pipe lines and allow Russia theirs - raise gas prices
                              2) UNIONS controlling ports

                              What could possibly go wrong?
                              All hail globalism!

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

                                She's practicing getting worse. Give her time.
                                Unfortunately, all that practice is taking its toll. She's gone from cute and perky to worn and haggard.
                                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                                Than a fool in the eyes of God


                                From "Fools Gold" by Petra

                                Comment

                                Related Threads

                                Collapse

                                Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by seanD, Today, 07:39 PM
                                3 responses
                                19 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post seanD
                                by seanD
                                 
                                Started by Cow Poke, Yesterday, 10:22 PM
                                38 responses
                                205 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Cow Poke  
                                Started by Gondwanaland, Yesterday, 09:48 PM
                                8 responses
                                83 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Gondwanaland  
                                Started by seer, Yesterday, 10:33 AM
                                61 responses
                                389 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post oxmixmudd  
                                Started by Gondwanaland, 01-15-2022, 09:26 PM
                                2 responses
                                47 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Gondwanaland  
                                Working...
                                X