Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Let's Go Brandon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rogue06
    replied
    Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post
    Even Biden hates himself. During a NORAD call (tracking Santa yunno), a father finished off his call with "let's go Brandon" to which Biden agreed.

Source: Kid’s Father Says ‘Let’s Go Brandon!’ Live on Air During President Biden’s Christmas Calls

President Joe Biden took it in stride when a parent blurted out “Let’s go Brandon!” during a live broadcast of calls to kids tracking Santa Claus.

The president and First Lady Dr. Jill Biden called in to Norad in an event that was streamed live, and during which the president and first lady were then connected with parents and kids for brief chats.

But one parent of four children from Oregon — one of whom was purportedly named Hunter — had a less-than-merry greeting for the president.

After Biden spoke to each of the children in turn and discussed their Christmas wishes, the father wrapped up the call by saying “I hope you guys have a wonderful Christmas as well, Merry Christmas, and then blurted out “Let’s go Brandon!”

“Let’s go Brandon, I agree,” the president said without missing a beat, and added “Hey, by the way, are you in Oregon?”

But the caller had disconnected — likely to go collect high-fives from MAGA-hatted brethren. The president continued to take calls, and did not appear to react to the significance of the phrase.

From the pool reports on the event:

Next kids they spoke with are in Oregon. First they talked to the dad.

Griffin, age 11, asked for a piano.

Another son, Hunter, wants a Nintendo Switch.

Another child wants a Barbie. FLOTUS said she still has her Barbie- “now ancient Barbie.”

Penelope, age 2: dad said she’d be happy with anything

Potus again reminded kids to be in bed by 9:00

Jared, the dad, said merry Christmas and Let’s Go Brandon. (We are trying to get more on why this happened)

Potus did not react to the apparent slight, let it slide right by.

For the uninitiated, the “Let’s go Brandon!” trend originated when some NASCAR fans at Talladega chanted “ smiley bleep.gif Joe Biden” as race winner Brandon Brown gave a post-race interview, the reporter mistook the chant as a show of support for Brown.

That moment has made “Let’s go Brandon!” a stand-in for the more profane version with opponents of President Joe Biden. But there’s an added dimension. Some conservatives believe that the reporter’s mistake was actually a deliberate and instantaneously-devised effort to cover up what the crowd was really chanting, and use the phrase as a double-edged critique of Biden and the media.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

"Some conservatives" at least give the reporter credit for knowing what was being plainly said and reacting to it but those on the left prefer to think of her as a dumb bimbette incapable of understanding what was happening.

Old Joe actually played one of the "Let's Go Brandon" songs on stage once. I'm not sure he even knows what it means.

And as an aside, I'm sick and tired of the "Dr." Jill crap. Some Pennsylvania papers will not refer to Mehmet Oz as "Dr. Oz" any longer as he runs for the Senate because they say it gives him a certain air of gravitas that provides an unfair advantage. But the man IS a surgeon with a PhD. You don't get much more "doctor" than that. But the same papers continue to call the FLOTUS "Dr." in spite of her being an educrat. This has led to dingbats like Whoopie Goldberg, cohost of The View, to have called for her to be made Surgeon General.

Leave a comment:

• seanD
    replied
    Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

Unless it's part of a new narrative that it's time for Lovable but Crazy Uncle Joe to step down.

"With Biden finally out and me as VP, soon it will be mine."

Leave a comment:

• NorrinRadd
    replied
    Originally posted by seanD View Post

This is all over MSM headlines. I'm wondering if they're going to perhaps use this to fearmonger more about "rightwing domestic terrorist boogiemen" out to overthrow the government. Something like -- "A MAGA terrorist got through to the WH and directly threatened the president" type of thing. Because it makes no sense the MSM is highlighting this.
    Unless it's part of a new narrative that it's time for Lovable but Crazy Uncle Joe to step down.

Leave a comment:

• seanD
    replied
    Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post
    Even Biden hates himself. During a NORAD call (tracking Santa yunno), a father finished off his call with "let's go Brandon" to which Biden agreed.

This is all over MSM headlines. I'm wondering if they're going to perhaps use this to fearmonger more about "rightwing domestic terrorist boogiemen" out to overthrow the government. Something like -- "A MAGA terrorist got through to the WH and directly threatened the president" type of thing. Because it makes no sense the MSM is highlighting this.

Leave a comment:

• Gondwanaland
    replied

Last edited by Gondwanaland; 12-24-2021, 10:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• CivilDiscourse
    replied
    Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Pfft. When a black person has the gall to try to leave the plantation that their betters have established for them they are regularly subjected to the most vile racial epithets and stereotypes being slung at them by those who claim to be the party of tolerance and diversity. So why would this be a surprise?

I wonder if CNN, MSNBC, WaPo... have actually fooled anyone with their sudden new-found dismay over the coarseness of political discussion when they were at the forefront for four years defending if not directly cheering on just that sort of behavior.
    Here's one:

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/saman...b616c2f314eb3a
    Samantha Bee Hits Donald Trump With A 22-Minute Montage Of Her Most Brutal Takedowns

https://lastnighton.com/2019/12/31/s...mp-jokes-2019/
    Stephen Colbert’s top five Trump takedowns of 2019

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post
    Who here remembers the xenophobic Donald "Drumpf" insult?

One poster at the other board loved that one. Claimed that he used it to highlight the hypocrisy of Donald Trump who called out John Stewart for changing his name and not being proud of his heritage.

Apparently, having your grandfather change the family name before you were born, being born with the surname trump, and not changing it back, is equivalent to personally changing your own name.

But, the best part was, the insult was essentially mocking Trump for having a "funny sounding last name". Imagine that, democrats mocking someone for having a funny sounding foreign name? I'm sure they would have a word for a republican that used that.
    Pfft. When a black person has the gall to try to leave the plantation that their betters have established for them they are regularly subjected to the most vile racial epithets and stereotypes being slung at them by those who claim to be the party of tolerance and diversity. So why would this be a surprise?

I wonder if CNN, MSNBC, WaPo... have actually fooled anyone with their sudden new-found dismay over the coarseness of political discussion when they were at the forefront for four years defending if not directly cheering on just that sort of behavior.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Our local Houston Channel 11 just did a "Verify" that Anti Defamation League has labeled "Let's Go Brandon" as hate speech.

Their finding was "false", but in explaining it, they actually said that the reporterette THOUGHT the crowd was saying "Let's Go Brandon", when it's clear even in their clip of it that this was not the case.

Some credit her with "quick thinking" with coming up with the "Let's Go Brandon" line to explain the chant but it was amateur hour in the extreme to have paused the way she did so that the "[F-bomb] Joe Biden" chant could clearly be heard in the first place. She put herself in a bind that she then used a bald face lie to try to cover. Sportscasters with more experience or just common sense know to talk over chanting so it is much more difficult to make out because too often it is smack talk.

Leave a comment:

• CivilDiscourse
    replied
    Who here remembers the xenophobic Donald "Drumpf" insult?

One poster at the other board loved that one. Claimed that he used it to highlight the hypocrisy of Donald Trump who called out John Stewart for changing his name and not being proud of his heritage.

Apparently, having your grandfather change the family name before you were born, being born with the surname trump, and not changing it back, is equivalent to personally changing your own name.

But, the best part was, the insult was essentially mocking Trump for having a "funny sounding last name". Imagine that, democrats mocking someone for having a funny sounding foreign name? I'm sure they would have a word for a republican that used that.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Our local Houston Channel 11 just did a "Verify" that Anti Defamation League has labeled "Let's Go Brandon" as hate speech.

Their finding was "false", but in explaining it, they actually said that the reporterette THOUGHT the crowd was saying "Let's Go Brandon", when it's clear even in their clip of it that this was not the case.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    Originally posted by mossrose View Post
    Not me.
    We could have a Battle of da Stoopid. Two morons enter, 1 moron leaves!

Leave a comment:

• seer
    replied
    Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

The only other person in recent memory with that kind of audacity was Baghdad Bob.
    At least he didn't have American tanks in the frame right behind him!

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

The only other person in recent memory with that kind of audacity was Baghdad Bob.
    He has reemerged as Peppermint Patty!

Leave a comment:

• seanD
    replied
    Originally posted by mossrose View Post

I don't think the liberals get very much of anything.
    They definitely don't do memes all that well, nor do they seem to understand the nature of memes and why they happen.

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Originally posted by seer View Post

Right, they lie to our faces during a live feed where we can see and hear exactly what is happening! I don't think the Soviet's Pravda would have had that much hubris...

Leave a comment: