Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Let's Go Brandon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sparko
    replied
    Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Yep. The original was an outright plain as day insult, no slurring involved. The leftist reporter is the one who tried to change it to something innocuous. The rightwingers are just mocking the lame attempt to hide what was really said.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

Though, I will say, WRT to Kathy Griffin and the Trump head thing:

That happened a bit before the entire "anything goes" celebration against Trump. She got roundly criticized and temporarily cancelled due to that. It was only later retroactively that democrats decided they over-reacted to it.
    Yeah. She actually was criticized by some on the left for her act and apologized -- which she recanted the moment it became clear that the left gave the all clear for such acts.

Leave a comment:

• CivilDiscourse
    replied
    Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
    I think POTUS is due to visit the UK in July. If lucky, he may see the baby Trump blimp.
    Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
    Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
    Something Drumpf is weekly guilty of.

Clutch those pearls...
    Though, I will say, WRT to Kathy Griffin and the Trump head thing:

That happened a bit before the entire "anything goes" celebration against Trump. She got roundly criticized and temporarily cancelled due to that. It was only later retroactively that democrats decided they over-reacted to it.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    Comparison:

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Originally posted by mossrose View Post

But they are absolutely blind to the fact that the phrase was coined by one of their own.

And she was celebrated by her peers for her wit and quick thinking (one outlet called it "a smooth save") despite the fact that she was telling a bald-faced lie that was refuted even as she uttered it.

Leave a comment:

• mossrose
    replied
    Someone recently asked me why I watch MSNBC. It's to get stuff like this.

After playing a clip of the Oregon father being interviewed, Nicole Wallace, the host of Deadline: White House really pushed the Let's Go Brandon = Insurrection trope hard yesterday, declaring that saying "Let's Go Brandon" is a "slow-motion insurrection." She never explained what basis she used to make that connection but the left abandoned facts and evidence for such things long ago.

One of her guests, Jason Johnson, a regular political contributor to MSNBC as well as CNN, immediately piped in. After complaining about him being interviewed (which didn't happen until after the left doxxed him) while (GASP!) wearing a MAGA hat, Johnson pontificated:

But when these people are speaking, they’re not joking. MAGA isn't about taxes. You know, Let's go Brandon isn’t about what you feel about supply chain issues and gas. It is the cry of insurrectionists. It is the cry of people who want to violently take over this country and oppress anyone who is not like them. And that's what makes this dangerous

Ironically, he mocked Scmeck (the Oregon caller) as "Schmeck schmuck" for worrying about being cancelled or worse while doing an interview but then turns around and wants the police and FBI sicced on him and his kind

But I hope we have a Justice Department and an FBI and a CIA that investigates where the anger that leads to these kinds of statements comes through. Because these people already attacked us with guns.

I missed the attacked with guns part unless he's referring to the Bernie Sanders fanboi and campaign worker and MSNBC junkie (who the New York Times described as an "ordinary Midwest Democrat" who "had surprisingly normal political beliefs") went to Washington D.C. with the express intent to assassinate Republicans, who was carrying a "kill list" and even asked someone if those were Republicans before he opened fire on them critically wounding House Majority Whip Steve Scalise (R-Louisiana), leaving him in critical condition for several days as a result of the shooting and being hospitalized for 6 weeks, as well as wounding four others.

But be that as it may, it's stuff like having the police and FBI sicced on him that Scmeck worried about. Anyone care to wager that the IRS will also be in on the act, auditing him throughout the rest of old Joe's Administration?
    But they are absolutely blind to the fact that the phrase was coined by one of their own.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied

Ron Brownstein, senior editor at The Atlantic and a political analyst for CNN declared that the "Let's Go Brandon" comment by a parent named Jarrod during a NORAD "Santa Tracker" event with old Joe and "Dr. Jill" on Christmas Eve, likened the remark to "the insurrection"

After Boris Sanchez, who became a co-host of CNN's New Day Weekend earlier this year after being CNN's White House correspondent, described the remark as "rude" and "disrespectful" Brownstein began with saying

Yeah look... it's ungracious, it's juvenile, it's reprehensible by the father, but I don't think it's fundamentally about incivility. I think it is fundamentally about insurrection.

That actually caused Sanchez's eyebrows to shoot up when Brownstein said the last bit.

Brownstein would quickly add that he doesn't know the individual but that the "whole Let's Go Brandon kind of motif is a reflection" of a belief "that Biden is an illegitimate president."

Quick fact check here, but the entire Let's Go Brandon movement has it's roots in the use of a much cruder chant that didn't start among Republicans and Trump supporters, but rather on university campuses during large events, typically sporting ones. University campuses are pretty leftist and anti-Trump so it is doubtful that Brownstein's insurrection fantasies had anything to do with it.

Perhaps there is more to the chant than CNN and the Atlantic want us to know. Perhaps it might have something to do with everything old Joe has touched having turned to a stinking pile of... er, poop.

And maybe if these guys (including many other CNN pearl clutchers) hadn't given such approving coverage of those who treated Trump and other Republicans in the same manner they might have some standing to be critical now.
    Someone recently asked me why I watch MSNBC. It's to get stuff like this.

After playing a clip of the Oregon father being interviewed, Nicole Wallace, the host of Deadline: White House really pushed the Let's Go Brandon = Insurrection trope hard yesterday, declaring that saying "Let's Go Brandon" is a "slow-motion insurrection." She never explained what basis she used to make that connection but the left abandoned facts and evidence for such things long ago.

One of her guests, Jason Johnson, a regular political contributor to MSNBC as well as CNN, immediately piped in. After complaining about him being interviewed (which didn't happen until after the left doxxed him) while (GASP!) wearing a MAGA hat, Johnson pontificated:

But when these people are speaking, they’re not joking. MAGA isn't about taxes. You know, Let's go Brandon isn’t about what you feel about supply chain issues and gas. It is the cry of insurrectionists. It is the cry of people who want to violently take over this country and oppress anyone who is not like them. And that's what makes this dangerous

Ironically, he mocked Scmeck (the Oregon caller) as "Schmeck schmuck" for worrying about being cancelled or worse while doing an interview but then turns around and wants the police and FBI sicced on him and his kind

But I hope we have a Justice Department and an FBI and a CIA that investigates where the anger that leads to these kinds of statements comes through. Because these people already attacked us with guns.

I missed the attacked with guns part unless he's referring to the Bernie Sanders fanboi and campaign worker and MSNBC junkie (who the New York Times described as an "ordinary Midwest Democrat" who "had surprisingly normal political beliefs") went to Washington D.C. with the express intent to assassinate Republicans, who was carrying a "kill list" and even asked someone if those were Republicans before he opened fire on them critically wounding House Majority Whip Steve Scalise (R-Louisiana), leaving him in critical condition for several days as a result of the shooting and being hospitalized for 6 weeks, as well as wounding four others.

But be that as it may, it's stuff like having the police and FBI sicced on him that Scmeck worried about. Anyone care to wager that the IRS will also be in on the act, auditing him throughout the rest of old Joe's Administration?

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Originally posted by seanD View Post

When Kathy Griffin held up Trump's head as a macabre comic act, it didn't faze me one bit. The Brandon thing is ridiculously tame in comparison to the things they said about Trump. What bothered me in how they treated Trump were the lies and false information the left spread about Trump. Screw that "respect" thing. The people have a right to voice their disapproval of their elected government SERVANTS however they see fit. Government servants should be shaking in their boots at the thought of public disapproval of their actions. The problem with conservatives is they don't play as dirty as the left does.
    It's not about playing dirty. The problem is that the system has broken down to the point that public approval is largely irrelevant, and our elected representatives are rarely held accountable.

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    Originally posted by Faber View Post

I feel exactly the same way. As much as I oppose nearly everything he as done, it bothers me when the conservative (and right wing) media bring up topics like whether or not he soiled his pants when visiting the pope, expelling gas, tripped while going up the steps, nod off at boring meetings, etc. Save your criticisms for the things that count! There are plenty of them.
    Well I am opposed to insulting him to his face, but I am not opposed to pointing out that he is demented and a poopie pants on tweb!

Leave a comment:

• seanD
    replied
    Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Personally, although I dislike Biden, I would be respectful to him in person or to his face because of the office he holds. I think that saying "Let's Go Brandon" to him is childish and disrespectful of the office. We were upset when people did that sort of thing to Trump in person, and we should be upset when they do it to Biden.
    When Kathy Griffin held up Trump's head as a macabre comic act, it didn't faze me one bit. The Brandon thing is ridiculously tame in comparison to the things they said about Trump. What bothered me in how they treated Trump were the lies and false information the left spread about Trump. Screw that "respect" thing. The people have a right to voice their disapproval of their elected government SERVANTS however they see fit. Government servants should be shaking in their boots at the thought of public disapproval of their actions. The problem with conservatives is they don't play as dirty as the left does.

Leave a comment:

• NorrinRadd
    replied
    Originally posted by Faber View Post

I feel exactly the same way. As much as I oppose nearly everything he as done, it bothers me when the conservative (and right wing) media bring up topics like whether or not he soiled his pants when visiting the pope, expelling gas, tripped while going up the steps, nod off at boring meetings, etc. Save your criticisms for the things that count! There are plenty of them.
    Some of those things are relevant to evaluating whether he is mentally fit for office. He's not.

Leave a comment: