Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Let's Go Brandon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Personally, although I dislike Biden, I would be respectful to him in person or to his face because of the office he holds. I think that saying "Let's Go Brandon" to him is childish and disrespectful of the office. We were upset when people did that sort of thing to Trump in person, and we should be upset when they do it to Biden.
    To be fair, the prophets of the Old Testament openly mocked corrupt rulers, in at least one instance changing the spelling of a king's name into something insulting.

Leave a comment:

• Faber
    replied

Personally, although I dislike Biden, I would be respectful to him in person or to his face because of the office he holds. I think that saying "Let's Go Brandon" to him is childish and disrespectful of the office. We were upset when people did that sort of thing to Trump in person, and we should be upset when they do it to Biden.
    I feel exactly the same way. As much as I oppose nearly everything he as done, it bothers me when the conservative (and right wing) media bring up topics like whether or not he soiled his pants when visiting the pope, expelling gas, tripped while going up the steps, nod off at boring meetings, etc. Save your criticisms for the things that count! There are plenty of them.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

It doesn't there's always another excuse. They couldn't even find a way to condemn rhetoric after the baseball shooting.
    The MSM never holds their feet to the fire.

Leave a comment:

• CivilDiscourse
    replied
    Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Hillary notoriously stated a couple of years ago that you can't expect Democrats to be civil until they retook control. Well, they'll have control of both Houses of Congress (unless old Joe and AOC drive Manchin into the Republican camp) and the Presidency.

So when does the being civil begin?
    It doesn't there's always another excuse. They couldn't even find a way to condemn rhetoric after the baseball shooting.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied

The hypocrisy and rationalization is amazing.

Most common ones:

1. Yeah, well Trump deserved it.
    2. You didn't hear it coming from our elected leaders. (implying that it doesn't count then)
    3. You can't trust Republicans to be civil.

They would list more, but straight denial went out the window after the last 4 years.
    Hillary notoriously stated a couple of years ago that you can't expect Democrats to be civil until they retook control. Well, they'll have control of both Houses of Congress (unless old Joe and AOC drive Manchin into the Republican camp) and the Presidency.

So when does the being civil begin?

Leave a comment:

• CivilDiscourse
    replied

One of those on CNN that has been particularly critical of the prankster father who said "Let's Go Brandon" has been their current White House reporter, Jeremy Diamond. That resulted in Newsbusters' managing editor to start noting the hypocrisy of having applauded the name-calling, cursing, and death threats towards Trump, but now getting offended with "Let's Go Brandon".

Being a screen capture I took the liberty of including the links mentioned in the post

https://twitter.com/JDiamond1/status...j-iL5j1ww&s=19 goes to a post by him about folks flipping off Trump

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb...terviewing-her : CNN Rewards Woman Who Gave Trump the Finger by Interviewing Her

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb...i-mask-parents : Crass CNN Delighted By Kid Who Flipped Off 'Vile' Anti-Mask Parents (praising the "clear message" she sent)

Houk also reminded Diamond that CNN gave a rave review to a play about assassinating Trump. I'll add that this is the same network where we were informed by one of their analysts, Asha Rangappa, that saying "Let's Go Brandon" is no different than saying "Long live ISIS."

As for some of the other networks, ABC was in high dudgeon and choose to portray it thusly: Father uses vulgar insult during holiday call with President Joe Biden. It might be amusing if ABC tried to explain the vulgarity contained in "Let's Go Brandon!" It is a G-rated substitute for the vulgar original chant. Much like how "shoot" and "darn" have replaced cruder terms.[1]

NBC and Bloomberg referred to it as a "slur" yet these were the same folks who applauded faux tough guy Robert De Niro's "[F-bomb] Trump!" speech a few years ago at the Tony Awards and ignore all of the "[F-bomb] Trump" graffiti that can still be seen on numerous overpasses in Washington D.C.

Grace Curley, the executive producer of the Howie Carr show in Boston, wrote an opinion piece published in the Boston Herald that's worth reproducing in part:

Source: Liberal outrage of Biden’s Brandon Christmas moment hypocritical

[...]

It became obvious during the NORAD phone call that the president of the United States had no idea he was being pranked. In fact, Biden quickly echoed the man’s sentiment by replying, “Let’s Go Brandon. I agree.”

While the entire 20-second incident struck many as hilarious, some people (including myself) found it a bit sad. The leader of the free world is so far gone that he doesn’t even understand when he is the butt of a joke, on live television.

At moments like this, it is hard to not feel a bit of sympathy for the failing 79-year old.

But just as I found myself pitying Joe, the far-left reminded me of the gross double standards that led to this charade of a presidency.

Blue-checks rushed to tweet their horror at this Oregon dad’s classless behavior.

Journalist Aaron Rupar harrumphed, “When you boil it down, all the ‘Let’s Go Brandon’ thing amounts to is that people who hated Biden anyway have found a cute way to tell him to F off in public without losing their jobs or suffering other consequences.”

When Robert DeNiro said “[F-bomb] Trump” at the Tony Awards in 2018, the only consequence he faced was getting a standing ovation from hordes of hypocritical liberals. Now those same Beautiful People clutch their pearls at this indecent behavior.

The phony outrage is predictable. The Spectator’s Amber Athey summarized the double standard by pointing out that the same media figures who “fawned over a woman on a bicycle flipping off Trump’s motorcade” are now “apoplectic that someone said ‘Let’s Go Brandon.’”

It is odd that the Oregon man could so easily slip through the cracks and get on the line with Joe Biden. Normally, Lunch Bucket Joe is protected from this kind of lese-majeste by his Praetorian Guard of Baghdad Bobs.

His care-givers built him a fake White House set complete with green-screen windows and a teleprompter. Occasionally Biden takes questions from a list of preapproved “journalists.”

At one point the White House livestream started playing smooth-jazz elevator music over the video feed as reporters shouted questions at the back of Biden’s head while he unsteadily doddered out of camera range.

But lately, even with all these precautions, Biden’s ineptitude and unpopularity can’t be covered up. When Biden hits the road to promote his failing agenda, he is often met with protesters and boos. Worse, lately even a few of the obsequious activists in the press have begun asking Joe questions about issues like at-home COVID-19 testing and inflation.

This administration is dedicated to quashing dissent whenever and wherever it erupts, whether at school board meetings, in red-state legislatures or on Fox News sets. But maybe there is now just too much criticism for them to handle.

Perhaps the phone screener at the feel-good Santa-tracking event was also charged with trying to keep Biden awake and simply couldn’t multitask. Next time Joe should take a cue from Vice President Kamala Harris and hire some professional actors to pose as pro-Biden parents.

Harris got grief for starring in a YouTube series about moon craters with a bunch of paid child actors from Hollywood, but hey — at least the kids stayed on script.

Biden’s world of make believe, built on gas-lighting and chocolate chip ice cream, is crumbling. But like a successful reality television show, this train wreck is making viewers tune in daily.

At the end of “The Truman Show” the protagonist Truman Burbank says, “I knew this show was fake from the start. It was my incredible acting that fooled everyone.”

America knows this show is fake, but Biden is not an incredible actor and he certainly isn’t fooling anyone.

© Copyright Original Source

[*The original is behind a paywall but can also be read HERE as well*]

1. back when the Southwest pilot said "let's Go Brandon" and many on the left tried to get him fired for doing so, Washington Post editor Cathleen Decker also proclaimed it was "vulgar." Basically, for these people Let's Go Brandon is a crude vulgarity whereas screaming [F-bombs] are the height of proper civil discourse and exemplifies proper manners (see the cartoon above).
    The hypocrisy and rationalization is amazing.

Most common ones:

1. Yeah, well Trump deserved it.
    2. You didn't hear it coming from our elected leaders. (implying that it doesn't count then)
    3. You can't trust Republicans to be civil.

They would list more, but straight denial went out the window after the last 4 years.

Leave a comment:

• Ronson
    replied

I wouldn't insult Biden to his face either - president or not. Unless he was being rude first, and that isn't beyond him. Same goes for Trump.

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    Originally posted by Ronson View Post

Yeah, Leftoids don't seem to realize that the days of respect and courtesy toward the president are long gone. They're the one that wrote the playbook so it is amusing to watch them freak out over the change.

Leave a comment:

• Ronson
    replied
    Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    So, yes, two different women on separate occasions gave Trump the bird and were fawned over by liberals, but don't you dare let the phrase "Let's go, Brandon!" pass your lips or you're declared a threat to civil liberties.

As the saying goes, if liberals didn't have double standards, then they wouldn't have any standards at all.
    Yeah, Leftoids don't seem to realize that the days of respect and courtesy toward the president are long gone. They're the one that wrote the playbook so it is amusing to watch them freak out over the change.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied

Ron Brownstein, senior editor at The Atlantic and a political analyst for CNN declared that the "Let's Go Brandon" comment by a parent named Jarrod during a NORAD "Santa Tracker" event with old Joe and "Dr. Jill" on Christmas Eve, likened the remark to "the insurrection"

After Boris Sanchez, who became a co-host of CNN's New Day Weekend earlier this year after being CNN's White House correspondent, described the remark as "rude" and "disrespectful" Brownstein began with saying

Yeah look... it's ungracious, it's juvenile, it's reprehensible by the father, but I don't think it's fundamentally about incivility. I think it is fundamentally about insurrection.

That actually caused Sanchez's eyebrows to shoot up when Brownstein said the last bit.

Brownstein would quickly add that he doesn't know the individual but that the "whole Let's Go Brandon kind of motif is a reflection" of a belief "that Biden is an illegitimate president."

Quick fact check here, but the entire Let's Go Brandon movement has it's roots in the use of a much cruder chant that didn't start among Republicans and Trump supporters, but rather on university campuses during large events, typically sporting ones. University campuses are pretty leftist and anti-Trump so it is doubtful that Brownstein's insurrection fantasies had anything to do with it.

Perhaps there is more to the chant than CNN and the Atlantic want us to know. Perhaps it might have something to do with everything old Joe has touched having turned to a stinking pile of... er, poop.

And maybe if these guys (including many other CNN pearl clutchers) hadn't given such approving coverage of those who treated Trump and other Republicans in the same manner they might have some standing to be critical now.

One of those on CNN that has been particularly critical of the prankster father who said "Let's Go Brandon" has been their current White House reporter, Jeremy Diamond. That resulted in Newsbusters' managing editor to start noting the hypocrisy of having applauded the name-calling, cursing, and death threats towards Trump, but now getting offended with "Let's Go Brandon".

Being a screen capture I took the liberty of including the links mentioned in the post

https://twitter.com/JDiamond1/status...j-iL5j1ww&s=19 goes to a post by him about folks flipping off Trump

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb...terviewing-her : CNN Rewards Woman Who Gave Trump the Finger by Interviewing Her

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb...i-mask-parents : Crass CNN Delighted By Kid Who Flipped Off 'Vile' Anti-Mask Parents (praising the "clear message" she sent)

Houk also reminded Diamond that CNN gave a rave review to a play about assassinating Trump. I'll add that this is the same network where we were informed by one of their analysts, Asha Rangappa, that saying "Let's Go Brandon" is no different than saying "Long live ISIS."

As for some of the other networks, ABC was in high dudgeon and choose to portray it thusly: Father uses vulgar insult during holiday call with President Joe Biden. It might be amusing if ABC tried to explain the vulgarity contained in "Let's Go Brandon!" It is a G-rated substitute for the vulgar original chant. Much like how "shoot" and "darn" have replaced cruder terms.[1]

NBC and Bloomberg referred to it as a "slur" yet these were the same folks who applauded faux tough guy Robert De Niro's "[F-bomb] Trump!" speech a few years ago at the Tony Awards and ignore all of the "[F-bomb] Trump" graffiti that can still be seen on numerous overpasses in Washington D.C.

Grace Curley, the executive producer of the Howie Carr show in Boston, wrote an opinion piece published in the Boston Herald that's worth reproducing in part:

Source: Liberal outrage of Biden’s Brandon Christmas moment hypocritical

[...]

It became obvious during the NORAD phone call that the president of the United States had no idea he was being pranked. In fact, Biden quickly echoed the man’s sentiment by replying, “Let’s Go Brandon. I agree.”

While the entire 20-second incident struck many as hilarious, some people (including myself) found it a bit sad. The leader of the free world is so far gone that he doesn’t even understand when he is the butt of a joke, on live television.

At moments like this, it is hard to not feel a bit of sympathy for the failing 79-year old.

But just as I found myself pitying Joe, the far-left reminded me of the gross double standards that led to this charade of a presidency.

Blue-checks rushed to tweet their horror at this Oregon dad’s classless behavior.

Journalist Aaron Rupar harrumphed, “When you boil it down, all the ‘Let’s Go Brandon’ thing amounts to is that people who hated Biden anyway have found a cute way to tell him to F off in public without losing their jobs or suffering other consequences.”

When Robert DeNiro said “[F-bomb] Trump” at the Tony Awards in 2018, the only consequence he faced was getting a standing ovation from hordes of hypocritical liberals. Now those same Beautiful People clutch their pearls at this indecent behavior.

The phony outrage is predictable. The Spectator’s Amber Athey summarized the double standard by pointing out that the same media figures who “fawned over a woman on a bicycle flipping off Trump’s motorcade” are now “apoplectic that someone said ‘Let’s Go Brandon.’”

It is odd that the Oregon man could so easily slip through the cracks and get on the line with Joe Biden. Normally, Lunch Bucket Joe is protected from this kind of lese-majeste by his Praetorian Guard of Baghdad Bobs.

His care-givers built him a fake White House set complete with green-screen windows and a teleprompter. Occasionally Biden takes questions from a list of preapproved “journalists.”

At one point the White House livestream started playing smooth-jazz elevator music over the video feed as reporters shouted questions at the back of Biden’s head while he unsteadily doddered out of camera range.

But lately, even with all these precautions, Biden’s ineptitude and unpopularity can’t be covered up. When Biden hits the road to promote his failing agenda, he is often met with protesters and boos. Worse, lately even a few of the obsequious activists in the press have begun asking Joe questions about issues like at-home COVID-19 testing and inflation.

This administration is dedicated to quashing dissent whenever and wherever it erupts, whether at school board meetings, in red-state legislatures or on Fox News sets. But maybe there is now just too much criticism for them to handle.

Perhaps the phone screener at the feel-good Santa-tracking event was also charged with trying to keep Biden awake and simply couldn’t multitask. Next time Joe should take a cue from Vice President Kamala Harris and hire some professional actors to pose as pro-Biden parents.

Harris got grief for starring in a YouTube series about moon craters with a bunch of paid child actors from Hollywood, but hey — at least the kids stayed on script.

Biden’s world of make believe, built on gas-lighting and chocolate chip ice cream, is crumbling. But like a successful reality television show, this train wreck is making viewers tune in daily.

At the end of “The Truman Show” the protagonist Truman Burbank says, “I knew this show was fake from the start. It was my incredible acting that fooled everyone.”

America knows this show is fake, but Biden is not an incredible actor and he certainly isn’t fooling anyone.

© Copyright Original Source

[*The original is behind a paywall but can also be read HERE as well*]

1. back when the Southwest pilot said "let's Go Brandon" and many on the left tried to get him fired for doing so, Washington Post editor Cathleen Decker also proclaimed it was "vulgar." Basically, for these people Let's Go Brandon is a crude vulgarity whereas screaming [F-bombs] are the height of proper civil discourse and exemplifies proper manners (see the cartoon above).

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied

Ah, I stand corrected
    So, yes, two different women on separate occasions gave Trump the bird and were fawned over by liberals, but don't you dare let the phrase "Let's go, Brandon!" pass your lips or you're declared a threat to civil liberties.

As the saying goes, if liberals didn't have double standards, then they wouldn't have any standards at all.

spidey.jpg

Leave a comment:

• tabibito
    replied

Quick fact check here, but the entire Let's Go Brandon movement has it's roots in the use of a much cruder chant that didn't start among Republicans and Trump supporters, but rather on university campuses during large events, typically sporting ones. University campuses are pretty leftist and anti-Trump so it is doubtful that Brownstein's insurrection fantasies had anything to do with it.

And maybe if these guys (including many other CNN pearl clutchers) hadn't given such approving coverage of those who treated Trump and other Republicans in the same manner they might have some standing to be critical now.
    There's an insurrectionist under every bed ... and a racist ... and a male supremacist ... and ...

The under-beds are getting very crowded.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    Originally posted by seanD View Post

This is all over MSM headlines. I'm wondering if they're going to perhaps use this to fearmonger more about "rightwing domestic terrorist boogiemen" out to overthrow the government. Something like -- "A MAGA terrorist got through to the WH and directly threatened the president" type of thing. Because it makes no sense the MSM is highlighting this.
    Ron Brownstein, senior editor at The Atlantic and a political analyst for CNN declared that the "Let's Go Brandon" comment by a parent named Jarrod during a NORAD "Santa Tracker" event with old Joe and "Dr. Jill" on Christmas Eve, likened the remark to "the insurrection"

After Boris Sanchez, who became a co-host of CNN's New Day Weekend earlier this year after being CNN's White House correspondent, described the remark as "rude" and "disrespectful" Brownstein began with saying

Yeah look... it's ungracious, it's juvenile, it's reprehensible by the father, but I don't think it's fundamentally about incivility. I think it is fundamentally about insurrection.

That actually caused Sanchez's eyebrows to shoot up when Brownstein said the last bit.

Brownstein would quickly add that he doesn't know the individual but that the "whole Let's Go Brandon kind of motif is a reflection" of a belief "that Biden is an illegitimate president."

Perhaps there is more to the chant than CNN and the Atlantic want us to know. Perhaps it might have something to do with everything old Joe has touched having turned to a stinking pile of... er, poop.

Last edited by rogue06; 12-26-2021, 11:28 AM.

Leave a comment:

• CivilDiscourse
    replied
    Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

That's actually a different woman.
    Ah, I stand corrected

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    commented on 's reply
    And that's what happens when you post without glasses and a tiny sty in your better eye. I thought it said "purposely." Possibly reinforced by how the article continued with how the father "had disconnected -- likely to go collect high-fives from MAGA-hatted brethren"