Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Charlie Kirk and Armed Revolt: If Not Now, When?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post

I happen to think that January 6 was an insurrection. If you think that this makes me mentally retarded, then you're

And frankly, your behavior on this site is very anti-Christlike and has been for some time.
    Granted, retard.
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by whag View Post

So the problem according to you is democrats are just as armed as conservatives but lack gun safety sense.
      I don't see that as being a problem

The problem isn’t armed conservatives being told the election was stolen and mass infanticide is happening.
      We went through over four years of the left doing the former and for some funny reason you apparently did not see that as a problem then. Freakin' hypocrite.

As for "mass infanticide," I'm not sure what you're talking about. Abortion in general? The Democrats allowing abortions right up to the moment of birth in several states like New York? Their proclaiming a desire to legalize "post-birth abortions" as well like Virginia governor wanted?

Those would be strong indicators that tyranny is already taking place, yes?
      Do you even have a clue what "tyranny" even means? Or are you like a three year old who just heard a grown up use a "bad word" and while having no idea what it means still sling it about at every opportunity?

Those who attend Kirk talks and MAGA rallies are justifiably asking when armed revolt should happen. They’re essentially thinking “are we waiting for something worse than stolen elections and infanticide?”
      From your article it sounds like it was one person at one rally rather than your hysterical rendition. And meanwhile, leftists aren't asking, they are already going out and targeting political opponents for assassination -- and get cheered on for doing so

I've already mentioned James Hodgkinson, who actually very specifically targeted Republicans[1] before opening fire on them as they practiced for the annual Congressional Baseball Game for Charity. This left wing activist, MSNBC News junkie (notorious for the vitriol directed at Republicans and conservatives) and Bernie Sanders campaign staff member, who frequently expressed his hatred toward Republicans online, critically wounded House Majority Whip Steve Scalise (R-Louisiana)[2] as well as wounding four others.

Then there is Sen. Rand Paul (R-Kentucky) who was attacked from behind in his backyard, resulting in five rib fractures including 3 displaced fractures as well as lung contusions (which later resulted in part of his lung having to being removed), as he was mowing his lawn by Rene Boucher, a neighbor and supporter of the far-left Occupy movement and who's Facebook account is full of anti-Trump rants[3].

The MSM worked overtime pushing Boucher's story that this was all about a property dispute, but neighbors of both men, as well as the neighborhood homeowners association, quickly debunked that. For one thing Boucher did not even live next door to Paul making claims of a property dispute unsupportable.

Then there is Rudy Peters, who while running against Rep. Eric Swalwell (D-California)[4] in 2018, who was assaulted by a knife-wielding attacker near a vendor's booth at the Castro Valley Fall Festival after the attacker began screaming profanity-laced remarks about the Republican party and Trump and repeatedly shouting "I'll kill you" as he attacked. Fortunately Ford was able to fend of the attacker using one of his election signs. The attacker, Farzad Fazeli, ran off but was later arrested and charged with felony assault, making criminal threats and brandishing a weapon.

There are several other cases like these that I could continue listing (and have done so in the past) but I think that the point has been sufficiently made.

The MSM has either downplayed or ignored most of these and other actual attacks (the D.C. baseball shooting being the notable exception) while constantly bemoaning how Trump's rancorous rhetoric may some day lead to violence. The fact is that, as can be seen above, the venomous rhetoric spewed from the left in a near constant stream has already led to violence. "Comedians" and other "entertainers" have a long and sordid history of making "jokes" or producing songs and the like advocating violence against Republican leaders. And with extraordinarily few exceptions the left rapidly rallies in their defense.

And you also have Democrat politicians like Mad Max[ine] Waters (D-Cal) demanding that people "create a crowd and you push back" against Republicans wherever and whenever you see them, calling for in-your-face confrontations as well as encouraging people to mob and harass Trump Administration officials. Likewise presidential hopeful Sen. Cory "I am Spartacus" Booker (D-NJ) urged liberal advocates to "get up in the face of some congresspeople."[5]

And let's not forget Hillary Clinton's declaration that Democrats shouldn't be civil to Republicans unless they win back control of Washington or former Obama Attorney General Eric Holder's mocking of former first lady Michelle Obama's call for civility when he told supporters, "Michelle always says, ‘When they go low, we go high.’ No. No. When they go low, we kick them," he said, adding, "That’s what this Democratic Party’s about."

For Holder, "kick[ing] them" is "what this Democratic Party's about."

Also, you have Senator Jon Tester (D-MT) on MSNBC's Morning Joe program telling his fellow Democrats that they should not be afraid or intimidated by Trump but rather "punch him in the face."

That goes in hand with what Terry McAuliffe (former Virginia governor, now running for that office again, who previously was co-chair of Bill Clinton's 1996 re-election campaign and chair of Hillary's first failed presidential campaign) told host Chris Matthews on MSNBC's Hardball that Trump ever would "get in my space" he would punch him and that "You’d have to pick him up off the floor."

As well as old Joe fantasizing in 2016 about being back in High School with Trump so that he could "take [Trump] behind the gym and beat the hell out of him" (as the Democrat crowd cheered) and later talking about "smack[ing] him in the mouth." Of course by now he probably has convinced himself he actually did that.

Similarly, Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi (D-CA), during a rambling disjointed speech, told Democrats last year that they need to "throw a punch for the children."

And at Illinois State Senator Martin Sandoval’s political fundraiser in 2019 attendees got to "assassinate" someone wearing a Donald Trump mask

As the image shows you got to simulate assassinating Trump, who was apparently decked out in some sort of garb, with a fake assault rifle. Sandoval eventually did issue an apology "that something like this happened at my event" (apparently it just spontaneously took place without anyone knowing about it ) after public outcry forced it.

And then there is Sen. Tim Kaine (D-Va.), who was Hillary's VP pick, was on MSNBC's Morning Joe telling co-host Mika Brzezinski that Democrats needed to "fight in the streets" in order to combat the Trump Administration.

Apparently that is exactly what Kaine's youngest son "Woody" does as a member of antifa, and who was arrested in Minnesota for taking part in an attack on a pro-Trump rally at the state capitol resulting in the injury of a female Trump supporter. He was later charged with three misdemeanors with all of his other charges being dismissed. He made a plea deal resulting in his being sentenced to a year of probation and ordered to pay a token $236 fine (obviously it never hurts to have a powerful politically connected daddy).

Of course aggressive rhetoric of this sort is nothing new and Trump is hardly the first president to employ some. The last occupant of the White House, Barrack Obama was known to employ more than his share of it, saying things like:
      • "If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun."
      • "argue with your neighbors. Get in their face."
      • "Punch back twice as hard."

Finally stories about people wearing MAGA hats being physically assaulted have became so common that they stopped making the news. Heck, even when a man tried to mow down six Trump supporters with his van while they were inside a Republican Party voter registration tent in Jacksonville, Florida this past February, it was ignored by the big three network news shows.

image_42527.jpg
      The bottom right picture shows the perpetrator's
      vehicle driving away from the scene of the crime

And shortly before the election the Communications Director for the Democratic Party Of Washington County, Oregon, Clayton John Callahan, was, in the words of the Hillsboro Police account released to the media, "confronted one of the Trump supporters — rallygoers — with a knife, and as a result of his actions he has been arrested."

This Democrat Party official (admittedly only at the county level) got mad and pulled a knife at a Women For Trump rally, but, as the MSM tells us, it is Trump supporters that you have to watch out for

There are videos as well as images on the interwebz of this such as these:

image_42523.jpgimage_42524.jpgimage_42525.jpg
      I probably should point out that certainly wasn't a little 'penknife' he was wielding.

And there is so much more. This is but the tip of the iceberg.

I can not help but be reminded of Jesus' words in Matthew 7:4-5 whenever those on the left or Never Trumpers start trying to play Six Degrees of Separation in their desperate attempts to link Trump with any and every act of violence while their own hands are red with blood.

Scripture Verse: Matthew 7:4-5

Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when there is the log in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye.

© Copyright Original Source

And you want to compare all of this to a guy asking a question.

1. Before the shooting he asked if those out on the field were Republicans or Democrats

2. He was in critical condition for several days as a result of the shooting and was hospitalized for 6 weeks.

3. Nancy Pelosi's daughter, who's the chair of the California Democratic Party women’s caucus and political strategist, tweeted in March of this year that "Rand Paul's neighbor was right" in support of the violent attack on him.

Further, Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.) retweeted a message by increasingly loony actor Tom Arnold, effectively endorsing the violent assault against Paul, but later deleted it after the outcry even though USA Today tried dismissing it as "a subtle jab"

And former Obama staffer Tommy Vietor mocked Paul concerning the violent attack sneered on Twitter "Start doing a better job not getting beat up by your neighbor."

4. The same guy who was engaged in pillow talk with a Chinese spy for several years.

5. Is that the sort of message that emboldened Boston Globe opinion writer Luke O'Neil to write a piece for that paper encouraging restaurant workers to tamper with Republicans' -- particularly former Trump staffers' -- food?

James Thomas, an assistant professor of sociology at the University of Mississippi ('Ole Miss') recommended going further because the Senate confirmed Kavanaugh. In a tweet referencing those who besieged Ted Cruz he urged:

Don’t just interrupt a Senator’s meal y'al [sic]. Put your whole damn fingers in their salads. Take their apps and distribute them to the other diners. Bring boxes and take their food home with you on the way out. They don’t deserve your civility.

Of course the more "moderate" Democrats merely want those who they disagree with to be denied public accommodation based on what they think. The justification for this came from the Washington Post in an op-ed by Stephanie Wilkinson, the owner of the Red Hen restaurant in Lexington, Virginia which in 2018 not only refused to serve White House spokeswoman Sarah Sanders and told Sanders and her family to leave the restaurant, Wilkinson and her staff then followed the Sanders group to protest as they went to another place to eat.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post

You said infanticide, and I don't know what else you would have been referring to there. But I agree with your general point that allegations of stolen elections and coups should not be carelessly made.
        Indeed. Although it is rather irksome for those who either cheered on such talk (or sat silently) for four years to suddenly to express concern about it. Pardon me if I doubt the sincerity of such complaints.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          I don't see that as being a problem

We went through over four years of the left doing the former and for some funny reason you apparently did not see that as a problem then. Freakin' hypocrite.

As for "mass infanticide," I'm not sure what you're talking about. Abortion in general? The Democrats allowing abortions right up to the moment of birth in several states like New York? Their proclaiming a desire to legalize "post-birth abortions" as well like Virginia governor wanted?

Do you even have a clue what "tyranny" even means? Or are you like a three year old who just heard a grown up use a "bad word" and while having no idea what it means still sling it about at every opportunity?

From your article it sounds like it was one person at one rally rather than your hysterical rendition. And meanwhile, leftists aren't asking, they are already going out and targeting political opponents for assassination -- and get cheered on for doing so

I've already mentioned James Hodgkinson, who actually very specifically targeted Republicans[1] before opening fire on them as they practiced for the annual Congressional Baseball Game for Charity. This left wing activist, MSNBC News junkie (notorious for the vitriol directed at Republicans and conservatives) and Bernie Sanders campaign staff member, who frequently expressed his hatred toward Republicans online, critically wounded House Majority Whip Steve Scalise (R-Louisiana)[2] as well as wounding four others.

Then there is Sen. Rand Paul (R-Kentucky) who was attacked from behind in his backyard, resulting in five rib fractures including 3 displaced fractures as well as lung contusions (which later resulted in part of his lung having to being removed), as he was mowing his lawn by Rene Boucher, a neighbor and supporter of the far-left Occupy movement and who's Facebook account is full of anti-Trump rants[3].

The MSM worked overtime pushing Boucher's story that this was all about a property dispute, but neighbors of both men, as well as the neighborhood homeowners association, quickly debunked that. For one thing Boucher did not even live next door to Paul making claims of a property dispute unsupportable.

Then there is Rudy Peters, who while running against Rep. Eric Swalwell (D-California)[4] in 2018, who was assaulted by a knife-wielding attacker near a vendor's booth at the Castro Valley Fall Festival after the attacker began screaming profanity-laced remarks about the Republican party and Trump and repeatedly shouting "I'll kill you" as he attacked. Fortunately Ford was able to fend of the attacker using one of his election signs. The attacker, Farzad Fazeli, ran off but was later arrested and charged with felony assault, making criminal threats and brandishing a weapon.

There are several other cases like these that I could continue listing (and have done so in the past) but I think that the point has been sufficiently made.

The MSM has either downplayed or ignored most of these and other actual attacks (the D.C. baseball shooting being the notable exception) while constantly bemoaning how Trump's rancorous rhetoric may some day lead to violence. The fact is that, as can be seen above, the venomous rhetoric spewed from the left in a near constant stream has already led to violence. "Comedians" and other "entertainers" have a long and sordid history of making "jokes" or producing songs and the like advocating violence against Republican leaders. And with extraordinarily few exceptions the left rapidly rallies in their defense.

And you also have Democrat politicians like Mad Max[ine] Waters (D-Cal) demanding that people "create a crowd and you push back" against Republicans wherever and whenever you see them, calling for in-your-face confrontations as well as encouraging people to mob and harass Trump Administration officials. Likewise presidential hopeful Sen. Cory "I am Spartacus" Booker (D-NJ) urged liberal advocates to "get up in the face of some congresspeople."[5]

And let's not forget Hillary Clinton's declaration that Democrats shouldn't be civil to Republicans unless they win back control of Washington or former Obama Attorney General Eric Holder's mocking of former first lady Michelle Obama's call for civility when he told supporters, "Michelle always says, ‘When they go low, we go high.’ No. No. When they go low, we kick them," he said, adding, "That’s what this Democratic Party’s about."

For Holder, "kick[ing] them" is "what this Democratic Party's about."

Also, you have Senator Jon Tester (D-MT) on MSNBC's Morning Joe program telling his fellow Democrats that they should not be afraid or intimidated by Trump but rather "punch him in the face."

That goes in hand with what Terry McAuliffe (former Virginia governor, now running for that office again, who previously was co-chair of Bill Clinton's 1996 re-election campaign and chair of Hillary's first failed presidential campaign) told host Chris Matthews on MSNBC's Hardball that Trump ever would "get in my space" he would punch him and that "You’d have to pick him up off the floor."

As well as old Joe fantasizing in 2016 about being back in High School with Trump so that he could "take [Trump] behind the gym and beat the hell out of him" (as the Democrat crowd cheered) and later talking about "smack[ing] him in the mouth." Of course by now he probably has convinced himself he actually did that.

Similarly, Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi (D-CA), during a rambling disjointed speech, told Democrats last year that they need to "throw a punch for the children."

And at Illinois State Senator Martin Sandoval’s political fundraiser in 2019 attendees got to "assassinate" someone wearing a Donald Trump mask

As the image shows you got to simulate assassinating Trump, who was apparently decked out in some sort of garb, with a fake assault rifle. Sandoval eventually did issue an apology "that something like this happened at my event" (apparently it just spontaneously took place without anyone knowing about it ) after public outcry forced it.

And then there is Sen. Tim Kaine (D-Va.), who was Hillary's VP pick, was on MSNBC's Morning Joe telling co-host Mika Brzezinski that Democrats needed to "fight in the streets" in order to combat the Trump Administration.

Apparently that is exactly what Kaine's youngest son "Woody" does as a member of antifa, and who was arrested in Minnesota for taking part in an attack on a pro-Trump rally at the state capitol resulting in the injury of a female Trump supporter. He was later charged with three misdemeanors with all of his other charges being dismissed. He made a plea deal resulting in his being sentenced to a year of probation and ordered to pay a token $236 fine (obviously it never hurts to have a powerful politically connected daddy).

Of course aggressive rhetoric of this sort is nothing new and Trump is hardly the first president to employ some. The last occupant of the White House, Barrack Obama was known to employ more than his share of it, saying things like:
          • "If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun."
          • "argue with your neighbors. Get in their face."
          • "Punch back twice as hard."

Finally stories about people wearing MAGA hats being physically assaulted have became so common that they stopped making the news. Heck, even when a man tried to mow down six Trump supporters with his van while they were inside a Republican Party voter registration tent in Jacksonville, Florida this past February, it was ignored by the big three network news shows.

image_42527.jpg
          The bottom right picture shows the perpetrator's
          vehicle driving away from the scene of the crime

And shortly before the election the Communications Director for the Democratic Party Of Washington County, Oregon, Clayton John Callahan, was, in the words of the Hillsboro Police account released to the media, "confronted one of the Trump supporters — rallygoers — with a knife, and as a result of his actions he has been arrested."

This Democrat Party official (admittedly only at the county level) got mad and pulled a knife at a Women For Trump rally, but, as the MSM tells us, it is Trump supporters that you have to watch out for

There are videos as well as images on the interwebz of this such as these:

image_42523.jpgimage_42524.jpgimage_42525.jpg
          I probably should point out that certainly wasn't a little 'penknife' he was wielding.

And there is so much more. This is but the tip of the iceberg.

I can not help but be reminded of Jesus' words in Matthew 7:4-5 whenever those on the left or Never Trumpers start trying to play Six Degrees of Separation in their desperate attempts to link Trump with any and every act of violence while their own hands are red with blood.

Scripture Verse: Matthew 7:4-5

Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when there is the log in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye.

© Copyright Original Source

And you want to compare all of this to a guy asking a question.

1. Before the shooting he asked if those out on the field were Republicans or Democrats

2. He was in critical condition for several days as a result of the shooting and was hospitalized for 6 weeks.

3. Nancy Pelosi's daughter, who's the chair of the California Democratic Party women’s caucus and political strategist, tweeted in March of this year that "Rand Paul's neighbor was right" in support of the violent attack on him.

Further, Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.) retweeted a message by increasingly loony actor Tom Arnold, effectively endorsing the violent assault against Paul, but later deleted it after the outcry even though USA Today tried dismissing it as "a subtle jab"

And former Obama staffer Tommy Vietor mocked Paul concerning the violent attack sneered on Twitter "Start doing a better job not getting beat up by your neighbor."

4. The same guy who was engaged in pillow talk with a Chinese spy for several years.

5. Is that the sort of message that emboldened Boston Globe opinion writer Luke O'Neil to write a piece for that paper encouraging restaurant workers to tamper with Republicans' -- particularly former Trump staffers' -- food?

James Thomas, an assistant professor of sociology at the University of Mississippi ('Ole Miss') recommended going further because the Senate confirmed Kavanaugh. In a tweet referencing those who besieged Ted Cruz he urged:

Don’t just interrupt a Senator’s meal y'al [sic]. Put your whole damn fingers in their salads. Take their apps and distribute them to the other diners no. Bring boxes and take their food home with you on the way out. They don’t deserve your civility.

Of course the more "moderate" Democrats merely want those who they disagree with to be denied public accommodation based on what they think. The justification for this came from the Washington Post in an op-ed by Stephanie Wilkinson, the owner of the Red Hen restaurant in Lexington, Virginia which in 2018 not only refused to serve White House spokeswoman Sarah Sanders and told Sanders and her family to leave the restaurant, Wilkinson and her staff then followed the Sanders group to protest as they went to another place to eat.
          Mr. Gish Gallop strikes again and evades the question. =/ everyone of those carefully curated examples can be countered with a MAGAt/racist/Karen moment.

And that’s just the top of the iceberg.

I ask again for the poor man in the audience. If not now, when? He bought his guns for the specific protection of his freedoms. Kirk told him the election was stolen and that mandates are evil. His question was legitimate if this is, as most conservatives say, the beginning of the end of democracy.

Comment

Mr. Gish Gallop strikes again and evades the question. =/ everyone of those carefully curated examples can be countered with a MAGAt/racist/Karen moment
            Do it

Although I don't understand what Karen moments have to do with Trump or conservatives and be careful you don't try to slough off blatant left wing racism like the recent increase of attacks on Asians as coming from anywhere else.

So go ahead and do it.

And while you're trying please look up Gish Gallop so at least you might understand the term that you ignorantly use.

Comment

Mr. Gish Gallop strikes again and evades the question. =/ everyone of those carefully curated examples can be countered with a MAGAt/racist/Karen moment.

I ask again for the poor man in the audience. If not now, when? He bought his guns for the specific protection of his freedoms. Kirk told him the election was stolen and that mandates are evil. His question was legitimate if this is, as most conservatives say, the beginning of the end of democracy.
              Feel free to "counter" those. Though, counter-examples don't actually defeat the point that was made. He didn't claim that "Liberals do this and republicans don't", he's saying that "Liberals were violent during the trump years against Republicans." His list of examples were supportive of that claim. Creating a list of attacks going in the other direction does nothing to invalidate that claim.

Comment

You do realize most Karen's are leftists, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

You do realize most Karen's are leftists, right?
                  Whag isn't the sharpest spoon in the drawer. I'm beginning to suspect he's merely a left-wing clone of his sister.
                  Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                  sigpic
                  I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

I ask again for the poor man in the audience. If not now, when?
                    There is no answer to such a stupid question. Who is he supposed to shoot? Big Brother? He's something of a vague target.

Comment

As one of those wretched foreigners that will keep posting to these boards; given the political polarisation in the USA at present, the crazies still peddling their lunatic theories, and the fact that a lot of people have a lot of firearms, I can only opine that potentially the immediate future for the country may not bode well.
                      "It ain't necessarily so
                      The things that you're liable
                      To read in the Bible
                      It ain't necessarily so
                      ."

Sportin' Life
                      Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                        Whag isn't the sharpest spoon in the drawer. I'm beginning to suspect he's merely a left-wing clone of his sister.
                        Maybe he borrowed little Jimmy's bong and is keeping it lit.

Comment

The very fact he was not summarily dismissed and booed out of there shows just how far this has gone. When Nixon resigned, he was protecting us from this sort of escalation. As was gore when he conceded. As was Hillary when she conceded. Each of these knew that our democracy depends more on the peaceful transfer of power after an election than it does any specific person's leadership or policies.

The most recent past president has abandoned the good of the country for the appeasement of his ego and has taken us into what all who came before knew was an incredibly dangerous and destructive place to go.
                          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

The very fact he was not summarily dismissed and booed out of there shows just how far this has gone. When Nixon resigned, he was protecting us from this sort of escalation. As was gore when he conceded. As was Hillary when she conceded. Each of these knew that our democracy depends more on the peaceful transfer of power after an election than it does any specific person's leadership or policies.

The most recent past president has abandoned the good of the country for the appeasement of his ego and has taken us into what all who came before knew was an incredibly dangerous and destructive place to go.
                            I mostly agree with this. Even assuming Trump was somehow cheated out of an election victory (and although I agree there were irregularities, they don't appear sufficient to make the claim), he needs to drop it.

The answer is to install more election safeguards, going forward, and not whine and pout and call for the election to be overturned.

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

Trump took the final step, but many had been laying the path for this.

The first step would have been Gore and his Concession, de-concession, lawsuits, recount after recount, until after Florida SCOTUS had shown to be inventing election law out of nothing, the SCOTUS stepped in and put an end to it. Democrats didn't accept that election result, and called bush illegitimate to this day. Gore only conceded at that point.

Fast forward to 2004, and now that the recount demand and lawsuit precedent had been set, the green party went for a recount in Ohio, followed by an official objection in the house forcing congress to debate it. Again, "irregularities" (sound familiar?) were cited by democrats about Ohio (and Kerry). DNC Chairman Howard Dean is quoted as saying: "I'm not confident that the election in Ohio was fairly decided... We know that there was substantial voter suppression, and the machines were not reliable. It should not be a surprise that the Republicans are willing to do things that are unethical to manipulate elections. That's what we suspect has happened."

Lawsuits over election outcome became common. The next large step was taken by Stacey Abrams. She has never officially conceded her election, and maintains the "big lie" that the election was stolen from her, even though no evidence has managed to show. Democrats support her stance.

During 2016 election, the democrats staged a number of objections to his election in the house, Jill Stein managed to fleece democrats out of millions in order to get a recount that didn't end up doing anything. Democrats and liberals rioted after his election, rioted after his inauguration. His opponent to this day claims Trump was illegitimate.

In the lead up to 2020, Hillary claimed that Biden should not concede no matter what. The groundwork was laid for contesting a trump win.

Trump lost, but, honestly, given all the steps taken up to that point, I'm not surprised that he took the final one of not conceding, and continuing to claim the election was illegitimate, the country has been moving down that road for a long time, with Democrats happily trotting out those lines all the way.

Comment

"...what country before ever existed a century & half without a rebellion? & what country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms. the remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon & pacify them. what signify a few lives lost in a century or two? the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure..."

Thomas Jefferson
                                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment