Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Most Voters Say Buttigieg Should Either Get Back to Work or Leave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most Voters Say Buttigieg Should Either Get Back to Work or Leave

Buttigieg should 'get back to work or leave': poll

According to a Rasmussen Reports poll, 65% of voters agree with Sen. Marsha Blackburn's comment that Secretary of Transportation Pete Buttigieg should either "get back to work or leave" after taking off work for two months of paternity leave.

The Tennessee Republican made the comment to Breitbart after Politico reported that the Transportation Secretary had been on paternity leave since August. "We're in the middle of a transportation crisis, and Pete Buttigieg is sitting at home," Blackburn said. "Meanwhile, cargo boats are unable to dock, and shelves are sitting empty. Pete needs to either get back to work or leave the Department of Transportation. It's time to put American families first."

A spokesperson for the Department of Transportation told Politico about Buttigieg's paternity leave: "For the first four weeks, he was mostly offline except for major agency decisions and matters that could not be delegated. He has been ramping up activities since then."

A majority of Democrats (53%), along with 77% of Republicans, agreed with Blackburn's statement.

Only 37% of voters view Buttigieg favorably, with 47% having an unfavorable view.

A total of 47% of voters approved of Buttigieg taking a two-month paternity leave.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

According to a Rasmussen Reports poll, 65% of voters agree with Sen. Marsha Blackburn's comment that Secretary of Transportation Pete Buttigieg should either "get back to work or leave" after taking off work for two months of paternity leave.

The Tennessee Republican made the comment to Breitbart after Politico reported that the Transportation Secretary had been on paternity leave since August. "We're in the middle of a transportation crisis, and Pete Buttigieg is sitting at home," Blackburn said. "Meanwhile, cargo boats are unable to dock, and shelves are sitting empty. Pete needs to either get back to work or leave the Department of Transportation. It's time to put American families first."

A spokesperson for the Department of Transportation told Politico about Buttigieg's paternity leave: "For the first four weeks, he was mostly offline except for major agency decisions and matters that could not be delegated. He has been ramping up activities since then."

A majority of Democrats (53%), along with 77% of Republicans, agreed with Blackburn's statement.

Only 37% of voters view Buttigieg favorably, with 47% having an unfavorable view.

A total of 47% of voters approved of Buttigieg taking a two-month paternity leave.
    Obviously, 65% of Americans are homophobes.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

YOU weren't the one I expected to bring that up!
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

YOU weren't the one I expected to bring that up!
        It is so oblivious.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Do we really want this idiot "helping?"

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            He has as much experience in supply chain as I do in figure skating.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              Given his callous reaction to questions about the supply chain crisis (folks better shop early for Christmas if they want to get anything) before he set off for 2 months to recover from what was an arduous pregnancy, no.

Comment

He has as much experience in supply chain as I do in figure skating.
                Back when you wore your hair in bangs the resemblance to Dorothy Hamill was striking.

Comment

Back when you wore your hair in bangs the resemblance to Dorothy Hamill was striking.
                  Pictures, or it didn't happen!

Comment

Let's see if anyone else can tell which is you and which isn't
                    maxresdefault.jpgx_tdy_flashback_dorothy_hamill_160708.jpg
                    Which one is me brudder, the prodder of bovines, and which is the former Olympic Ice Skating Gold Medalist?

And why have they never been seen together?

Comment

moe-howard-1.jpg

Comment

Yup, and CP is first among them.
                        “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                        “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                        “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                          Yup, and CP is first among them.
                          So, I post a news story with no commentary whatsoever, and our court jester tries to make me a homophobe because some guy, in the middle of a crisis, is taking time off from work for paternity leave, and the vast majority of the country thinks it's a bad move.

You are hereby invited to leave the thread - do not pass go, do not collect $200 --- just go.

Comment

Well, what else did anyone expect from the dude whose credentials for becoming the Transportation Secretary was that he was a mayor of a town that had a fleet of 47 buses.

And I have no problem with a little bit of paternity leave so a husband can help out at home while the wife begins to recover. But two months is really milking it (not to mention neither of them spent hours pushing out a baby/getting cut open in a c-section).

Comment

Edited by a Moderator

Moderated By: Bill the Cat

You have been asked to leave this thread. Please refrain from further participation

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
                              Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

Last edited by Bill the Cat; 10-27-2021, 07:35 AM.
                              “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                              “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                              “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment