Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

A shocking discovery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

My reply to Ronson should explain things.

I was thinking of male animals that will kill the young of another male in order to bring the female to oestrus and mate with her.
    That may be a factor. IMO, it's also a factor that biological parents are more patient and tolerant than non biological parents. There is a lot of abuse that occurs in foster homes, by both genders.

Comment

Which kingdom do you represent?
      You could certainly find a better representative though

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        One of my favorite quotes: "I would love to be like the Apostle Paul and say, 'Follow me as I follow Christ,' but in my case, I should just say, 'Follow Christ.'"
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

So, this just in from a friend of mine who is on the investigative team....

It appears the boys are from 3 different 'fathers', none of whom are 'in the picture'.
          Two of the children are autistic.
          All of them are "special needs".

Gloria Williams, 35, is charged with injury to a child by omission and tampering with evidence, a human corpse.
          A judge set Williams' bond at $900,000: $350,000 for injury to a child, $300,000 for tampering with evidence and $250,000 for injury by omission.

Brian Coulter, the 'boyfriend', was charged with the 8-year-old boy's murder, did not appear in court Wednesday morning when a judge read his charges. He is being evaluated at a mental health unit.
          The murdered boy appears to have died between Nov 20 and Nov 29, 2020 -- nearly a year ago.

One of the living boys had a broken - untreated - jaw from an assault approximately 6 months ago. He will need surgery to re-break his jaw and set it properly.

This is truly tragic on a grand scale.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

That may be a factor. IMO, it's also a factor that biological parents are more patient and tolerant than non biological parents. There is a lot of abuse that occurs in foster homes, by both genders.
            Well as I wrote, I just wonder if it is a possible factor.

However, I think rogue06 might challenge your view of biological parents and argue that you may be mistaken as he has informed me that "back in my college days when I took several law classes, I wrote a paper on child abuse and discovered that the mother is far more likely to kill her child than the biological father is".

"It ain't necessarily so
            The things that you're liable
            To read in the Bible
            It ain't necessarily so
            ."

Sportin' Life
            Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

One of those "facts" that's downright idiotic when considering human relationships.
              I understand. You do not care to have basic biological facts pointed out to you.

Yes, no surprise there whatsoever that you practice "stinkin' thinkin'".
              I merely posited a possible reason for such behaviour.

"It ain't necessarily so
              To read in the Bible
              It ain't necessarily so
              ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

However, I think rogue06 might challenge your view of biological parents and argue that you may be mistaken as he has informed me that "back in my college days when I took several law classes, I wrote a paper on child abuse and discovered that the mother is far more likely to kill her child than the biological father is".
                That makes sense since the mother tends to have much more contact with a child than the father. And young mothers can experience postpartum depression that revolves around the child. My wife had a severe bout of that.

But on average, biological parents treat their children far better than foster parents.

Comment

That makes sense since the mother tends to have much more contact with a child than the father.
                  With babies perhaps but not necessarily with children in general.

And young mothers can experience postpartum depression that revolves around the child. My wife had a severe bout of that.
                  My sympathies. A friend went through very very bad post-partum depression and of course extreme cases can lead to infanticide. However, that is not the same as deliberate and wanton abuse of a child.
                  "It ain't necessarily so
                  To read in the Bible
                  It ain't necessarily so
                  ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

I understand. You do not care to have basic biological facts pointed out to you.
                    No, darlin, I KNOW that "biological fact", but it's just buttdumb stupid to apply it to this tragedy in any sense, unless you want to go to comparing the young black boys with monkeys --- that's been done before and it never ends well.[/QUOTE]

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

That wouldn't be a challenge to his statement

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

So, this just in from a friend of mine who is on the investigative team....

It appears the boys are from 3 different 'fathers', none of whom are 'in the picture'.
                        Two of the children are autistic.
                        All of them are "special needs".

Gloria Williams, 35, is charged with injury to a child by omission and tampering with evidence, a human corpse.
                        A judge set Williams' bond at $900,000: $350,000 for injury to a child, $300,000 for tampering with evidence and $250,000 for injury by omission.

Brian Coulter, the 'boyfriend', was charged with the 8-year-old boy's murder, did not appear in court Wednesday morning when a judge read his charges. He is being evaluated at a mental health unit.
                        The murdered boy appears to have died between Nov 20 and Nov 29, 2020 -- nearly a year ago.

One of the living boys had a broken - untreated - jaw from an assault approximately 6 months ago. He will need surgery to re-break his jaw and set it properly.

This is truly tragic on a grand scale.

In fact nearly every part of that case sounds like a Halloween horror story.

Comment

No, darlin, I KNOW that "biological fact", but it's just buttdumb stupid to apply it to this tragedy in any sense, unless you want to go to comparing the young black boys with monkeys --- that's been done before and it never ends well.
                          [/QUOTE]

It is nothing like "comparing the young black boys with monkeys." We cannot deny biological imperatives, although we can attempt to control them.

Furthermore, my remark was posited as a possibility. I was not making a dogmatic assertion.
                          "It ain't necessarily so
                          To read in the Bible
                          It ain't necessarily so
                          ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

In fact nearly every part of that case sounds like a Halloween horror story.
                            There are a few more facts that have come out, but I think it's sufficient to say this was absolutely horrible on so many levels.

How can those survivors ever be right?

Comment