Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Interesting story coming out of Texas about voter fraud

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    I think it was the local NBC affiliate that showed video from across the street of an unattended ballot box getting stuffed near Atlanta, but there is really no way to determine which ballots in it are legitimate and which aren't. IIRC, it was dismissed as unimportant because they figure it was only a couple dozen phony ballots.
    Wow, you're getting to be as good as MM at making undocumented claims.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      And, as I pointed out, secret ballots are a fatal flaw in the system because when there are significant discrepancies between the number of voters, the number of ballots cast, and the number of votes counted, there is currently no way to determine which of those ballots are fraudulent. If every vote could be traced back to the individual who cast it, that would plug a big hole in our voting system.
      I'm pretty sure you're not going to be able to do away with the secret ballot.

And you still haven't shown where there has been a significant discrepancy between the number of voters, the number of ballots cast, and the number of votes counted.

Comment

I already have the bumper stickers printed up and everything.
        Not armbands then?
        “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
        “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
        “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

There is also the issue that every single "glitch" that was detected just happened to favor the Democrats. Statistically speaking the chances of that are very small indeed.
          I think you mean, every "glitch" that you heard about. Given how much publicity Trump's people gave to anything that even resembled a "glitch", that's not surprising.

Besides, I seem to recall a few Republicans getting convicted of voter fraud.

Comment

Originally posted by dirtfloor View Post

Not armbands then?
            Nah, but I might invest in a few airplane banners to fly over the city.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post

Wow, you're getting to be as good as MM at making undocumented claims.
              Right, because hundreds of sworn affidavits don't count.

Comment

Originally posted by Reepicheep View Post
                ...Trump and his followers have been unable to uncover any significant fraud despite many lawsuits and election audits..
                So your OP lists ONE person...

That's what
                - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                  You know, I suppose I could spend post after post detailing your faults as I see them CP. But I'm not. And that is because I'm not like you. And that is something I can say - this case at least - I'm glad is true. Though I know you do also have many good qualities.
                  Yes, Jim, I know - you're not like me -- you're WAY superior.

lI would also appeal to your desire to please Christ that you not follow this path any further. It is an absolute disgrace and shame to the name of Christ we both love.
                  YOU were the one who jumped on me when I was minding my own business, Jim.

Have a good day.
                  You, too!
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I will apologize for the snarkiness. But cp - if you wish to continue this line of personal attacks, you'll have to proceed without me.
                    Jim, why is it that so many of your posts show "edited" after the fact?

Here's what I think. You spew forth your snarkiness, then think better of it, and rush back to try to clean it up.

You haven't changed, Jim. You've just adopted this "holier than thou" appeal to be more like Jesus, and it just rings so incredibly hollow.

I've been leaving you alone, because it's always the same thing ---- you disagree, somebody pushes back, you cry about "personal attacks".

I'm not buying it, Jim -- in MY PERSONAL OPINION, you are the most extreme bubbled partisan hack I have ever encountered.

You appear to be absolutely obsessed with Trump and anybody who doesn't hate him as much as you do, so just don't talk to me about politics.

YOU were the one who initiated this, then whine because I responded.
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I think it was the local NBC affiliate that showed video from across the street of an unattended ballot box getting stuffed near Atlanta, but there is really no way to determine which ballots in it are legitimate and which aren't. IIRC, it was dismissed as unimportant because they figure it was only a couple dozen phony ballots.
                      Hence the battle cry "Make voting easy, make cheating hard".

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post

So your OP lists ONE person...

One person who got caught because he didn't cheat good enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Jim, why is it that so many of your posts show "edited" after the fact?

Here's what I think. You spew forth your snarkiness, then think better of it, and rush back to try to clean it up.

You haven't changed, Jim. You've just adopted this "holier than thou" appeal to be more like Jesus, and it just rings so incredibly hollow.

I've been leaving you alone, because it's always the same thing ---- you disagree, somebody pushes back, you cry about "personal attacks".

I'm not buying it, Jim -- in MY PERSONAL OPINION, you are the most extreme bubbled partisan hack I have ever encountered.

You appear to be absolutely obsessed with Trump and anybody who doesn't hate him as much as you do, so just don't talk to me about politics.

YOU were the one who initiated this, then whine because I responded.
                          When you say I am exhibiting a 'holier than thou' attitude when I refuse to participate in the personal attacks that are the meat of your posts, do you understand that what you are doing is what people do to the guy that leaves the party when they start lighting up or pulling out the alchohol or other drugs of choice? The guy refusing to participate in the illegal activity is 'holier than thou'. So you need to understand, playing that game is (1) not going to move me and (2) not saying anything at all about me, but it is saying something very negative about you.

And again, I appeal to you to find a better path.

My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Right, because hundreds of sworn affidavits don't count.
                            Have you SEEN any of those affidavits?

Would you care to post at least one of them that you think is good evidence of election fraud?

Sidney Powell claiming she has hundreds of sworn affidavits sounds a lot like McCarthy claiming he had a list of hundreds of communists in the State Department.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post

Have you SEEN any of those affidavits?

Would you care to post at least one of them that you think is good evidence of election fraud?

Sidney Powell claiming she has hundreds of sworn affidavits sounds a lot like McCarthy claiming he had a list of hundreds of communists in the State Department.
                              I've not seen the affidavits personally, no, but here's a rundown of what some of them reveal:

https://thenewamerican.com/widesprea...th-or-reality/

Comment

And again, I appeal to you to find a better path.
                                When you stop being such a leftist partisan hack, maybe I'll consider taking advice from you.

You turn on this "spiritual aura" when somebody stands up to you. It simply doesn't fly.

Comment