Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Interesting story coming out of Texas about voter fraud

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Here's the problem with that logic --- what you call "significant fraud". We have videos, for instance, of people with bunches of filled out ballots on their dashboard, but 'having them' is not a prosecutable offense. Somebody needs to actually catch them putting them in a box. That's pretty hard where you have unattended or unmonitored collection boxes.
    Not to mention widespread "irregularities" (like thousands of unfolded ballots that were supposedly mailed in, or ballots that only voted Joe and left the down ballot blank, even video of people wheeling in thousands of ballots from who knows where to be added to the total) for which there is no remedy because the system leaves no paper trail by design, supposedly to protect voters' privacy, so even though we have obvious, documented cases of what anybody with common sense knows is fraud, we can't prove it because there is no mechanism in the system by which the incriminating evidence can be collected.

This could be solved in one-fell swoop if it was made a law that voting was to be done in-person only with a photo ID on voting day, but Democrats, of course, are strenuously opposed to any such idea.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

I pay no attention to that, and I have not been involved in the whole "steal" thing.
      You're an amusing guy, preacher, but your straight lines need work.

ETA: This is interesting... I wondered who documented this "private call", and that article includes the line...

call.png
      In a conference call with 300 state legislators and assorted hangers-on on the line, there's two chances nobody recorded it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Because the way our elections are rigged, voter fraud is difficult to prevent and almost impossible to prove, and Democrats have fought like cornered rats for years to keep it that way.
        If voter fraud is impossible to prove, why do you think there is voter fraud?
        “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
        “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
        “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by dirtfloor View Post

Please see Post #16.

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post

Because the system is set up in such a way that it is enabled. We can even see examples of people stuffing ballot boxes, but because there is no paper trail kept, or no way of verifying the identity of the person on the ballot, it can be very hard to prove. It was made even worse this last year with states that have no experience with mail-in voting (which can be done legitimately, like in my state of Colorado), and states that allowed 24 hour unmonitored ballot dropboxes, there is zero way to verify if the votes are real or fake.

And that's not even touching on the potential of hacked/compromised voting machines (especially machines that connected to the internet when they were not supposed to). It wasn't long ago that Dems like Elizabeth Warren were pushing for complete changes of the voting machines and security, but now we're supposed to pretend a couple years later that there's no issues and if we bring up vulnerabilities, etc., we're called crazy conspiracy theorists for repeating the issues that Dems were bringing up as late as 2019.
            Last edited by Gondwanaland; 10-24-2021, 11:21 AM.

Comment

Not to mention widespread "irregularities" (like thousands of unfolded ballots that were supposedly mailed in, or ballots that only voted Joe and left the down ballot blank, even video of people wheeling in thousands of ballots from who knows where to be added to the total) for which there is no remedy because the system leaves no paper trail by design, supposedly to protect voters' privacy, so even though we have obvious, documented cases of what anybody with common sense knows is fraud, we can't prove it because there is no mechanism in the system by which the incriminating evidence can be collected.

This could be solved in one-fell swoop if it was made a law that voting was to be done in-person only with a photo ID on voting day, but Democrats, of course, are strenuously opposed to any such idea.
              I think the problem is that it's very easy to claim without evidence that, for example, there were "thousands of unfolded ballots that were supposedly mailed in", or that there is "video of people wheeling in thousands of ballots from who knows where to be added to the total". It makes it a little hard to investigate the claims.

Also, it is not illegal (and hardly surprising) for some people to vote against Trump and leave the rest of the ballot blank.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post

I think the problem is that it's very easy to claim without evidence that, for example, there were "thousands of unfolded ballots that were supposedly mailed in", or that there is "video of people wheeling in thousands of ballots from who knows where to be added to the total". It makes it a little hard to investigate the claims.

Also, it is not illegal (and hardly surprising) for some people to vote against Trump and leave the rest of the ballot blank.
                As I said, there are many documented instances of "irregularities" that anybody with common sense (which doesn't necessarily include liberals like you) will recognize as very likely fraudulent, but because there is literally no way to trace a vote back to the person who cast it, it's impossible to prove. Anonymous ballots are a fatal flaw in the system.

Comment

As I said, there are many documented instances of "irregularities" that anybody with common sense (which doesn't necessarily include liberals like you) will recognize as very likely fraudulent, but because there is literally no way to trace a vote back to the person who cast it, it's impossible to prove. Anonymous ballots are a fatal flaw in the system.
                  And as I said, it's very easy to claim that they are "documented" without providing any documentation.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post

And as I said, it's very easy to claim that they are "documented" without providing any documentation.
                    You obviously haven't been paying attention. There are hundreds of sworn affidavits from eye witnesses across the country attesting to voter fraud, statements for which the individuals could be charged with perjury if they are found to be lying, so not something to be taken lightly. Of course the way the system is set up -- which has already been discussed -- there's no way to follow up on those affidavits because the mechanism for cataloging precisely who cast a vote and for whom does not exist by design. What you have is a list of names, a stack of ballots, and a vote total. If there are more ballots than names, or more votes counted than there are ballots -- which seems to be the usual scenario in Democrat precincts -- then this is strong evidence that fraud was committed, but what are we supposed to do about it? How are we supposed to identify which ballots are fraudulent and the person(s) responsible for casting or counting them?

Here's a comprehensive breakdown of the "irregularities" that happened during the 2020 election:

https://thenewamerican.com/widesprea...th-or-reality/

So it's not a question of if fraud was committed but to what extent, and because of the way the system is designed, we will almost certainly never get a definitive answer.

Comment

Please see Post #16.
                      Rumours and accusations are two a penny. Those who peddle such things are beneath contempt, and you would do well to avoid them.
                      “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                      “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                      “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post

Rumours and accusations are two a penny. Those who peddle such things are beneath contempt, and you would do well to avoid them.
                        Sworn affidavits are quite a bit more serious than 'rumours and accusations'.

Comment

Originally posted by dirtfloor View Post

Please see Post #24.

Comment

I'm just tired of your extreme partisanship, Jim.
                            Reagardless of the truth of the accusation, is that a valid excuse?

But to the accusation: that is a false perception on your part. I push back against falsehoods I see propagating on this website, regardless of which 'party' is pushing them.
                            Last edited by oxmixmudd; 10-24-2021, 01:51 PM.
                            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

This is what was claimed in more than 60 court cases, none of which made it much past the front door.

Your excuses for dismissing that hard reality are nothing more than the same sort of special pleading that sits as the basis for all such baseless conspiracy theories- e g. the faked moon landing ir the 911 was our own government nuttery.

Look to the source, the primary instigator of the thing. Is this person trustworthy or a known liar willing to do whatever it takes to feed their own ego. Look at those denying it: many times officials from the sourc's party aligned with that party's goals.

My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post
                                You're an amusing guy, preacher, but your straight lines need work.
                                And you are an arrogant jerk, teetcher.

In a conference call with 300 state legislators and assorted hangers-on on the line, there's two chances nobody recorded it.
                                Yeah, this is why they actually listed their names.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment