Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Interesting story coming out of Texas about voter fraud

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting story coming out of Texas about voter fraud

An interesting story out of Texas. After the November election, Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick (a Republican) offered an award of up to one million dollars to any person who uncovered evidence of voter fraud. Well, Patrick just made his first payment. It was made to a Democrat in Pennsylvania, who received $25,000 for proving that a registered Republican tried to vote twice. After casting a legal vote, Ralph Thurman apparently put on sunglasses and a baseball cap and tried to vote a second time. Fortunately, a poll worker named Eric Frank saw through Thurman's clever disguise and reported him to the authorities.

This is easy money. I wonder why more Americans haven't come forward with evidence of election fraud.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/22/polit...ard/index.html

I conclude with a quote from Trump:

“When people get in line that have absolutely no right to vote and they go around in circles. Sometimes they go to their car, put on a different hat, put on a different shirt, come in and vote again."

Turns out Trump was right...
    Last edited by Reepicheep; 10-23-2021, 12:56 PM.
    "My favorite color in the alphabet is three." - Donald J. Trump
    "The 'J' in my middle name stands for 'Jenius'" - Donald J. Trump

This proves that living Republicans are nowhere NEAR as good at cheating as dead Democrats.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Reepicheep View Post
      This is easy money. I wonder why more Americans haven't come forward with evidence of election fraud.
      Because the way our elections are rigged, voter fraud is difficult to prevent and almost impossible to prove, and Democrats have fought like cornered rats for years to keep it that way.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        This proves that living Republicans are nowhere NEAR as good at cheating as dead Democrats.
        You could be right about Republicans being bad at cheating. Trump told his followers that, if they want to vote more than once, they need to change both their shirt and hat on each attempt. Well, Ralph Thurman apparently thought he could ignore Trump's advice, and he instead put on a hat and sunglasses.

Since he refused to change his shirt, it is no wonder Thurman got caught. And it probably didn't help that he went to the exact same poll worker who had taken his legal ballot just minutes before.

Clearly, the Democrats MUST be good at cheating, since Trump and his followers have been unable to uncover any significant fraud despite many lawsuits and election audits..
        "My favorite color in the alphabet is three." - Donald J. Trump
        "The 'J' in my middle name stands for 'Jenius'" - Donald J. Trump

Comment

You could be right about Republicans being bad at cheating. Trump told his followers that, if they want to vote more than once, they need to change both their shirt and hat on each attempt. Well, Ralph Thurman apparently thought he could ignore Trump's advice, and he instead put on a hat and sunglasses.

Since he refused to change his shirt, it is no wonder Thurman got caught. And it probably didn't help that he went to the exact same poll worker who had taken his legal ballot just minutes before.

Clearly, the Democrats MUST be good at cheating, since Trump and his followers have been unable to uncover any significant fraud despite many lawsuits and election audits..
          Here's the problem with that logic --- what you call "significant fraud". We have videos, for instance, of people with bunches of filled out ballots on their dashboard, but 'having them' is not a prosecutable offense. Somebody needs to actually catch them putting them in a box. That's pretty hard where you have unattended or unmonitored collection boxes.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Here's the problem with that logic --- what you call "significant fraud". We have videos, for instance, of people with bunches of filled out ballots on their dashboard, but 'having them' is not a prosecutable offense. Somebody needs to actually catch them putting them in a box. That's pretty hard where you have unattended or unmonitored collection boxes.
            Does this mean you actually buy into the "massive voter fraud" in the 2020 election 'narrative'?
            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

Does this mean you actually buy into the "massive voter fraud" in the 2020 election 'narrative'?
              Only in your very overly active imagination.

Comment

We have videos, for instance, of people with bunches of filled out ballots on their dashboard ...
                Umm, umm ...

Nevermind, too easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post

Umm, umm ...

Nevermind, too easy.
                  For somebody who's only looking to be a snit, sure.

Comment

No need to be hostile CP.
                    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

It would appear from the link in the OP that Republicans are not averse to trying to register the dead to vote.

a man in Delaware County in May was sentenced to five years probation after pleading guilty to casting a vote in the name of his deceased mother in an effort to reelect then-President Donald Trump.
                      "It ain't necessarily so
                      The things that you're liable
                      To read in the Bible
                      It ain't necessarily so
                      ."

Sportin' Life
                      Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

An interesting story out of Texas. After the November election, Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick (a Republican) offered an award of up to one million dollars to any person who uncovered evidence of voter fraud. Well, Patrick just made his first payment. It was made to a Democrat in Pennsylvania, who received $25,000 for proving that a registered Republican tried to vote twice. After casting a legal vote, Ralph Thurman apparently put on sunglasses and a baseball cap and tried to vote a second time. Fortunately, a poll worker named Eric Frank saw through Thurman's clever disguise and reported him to the authorities.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/22/polit...ard/index.html

I conclude with a quote from Trump:

“When people get in line that have absolutely no right to vote and they go around in circles. Sometimes they go to their car, put on a different hat, put on a different shirt, come in and vote again."

Turns out Trump was right...
                        Delicious irony. Hoist with their own petard!
                        "It ain't necessarily so
                        The things that you're liable
                        To read in the Bible
                        It ain't necessarily so
                        ."

Sportin' Life
                        Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

No need to be hostile CP.
                          I'm just tired of your extreme partisanship, Jim.

Comment

For somebody who's only looking to be a snit, sure.
                            Nah, I'm just another American concerned about attempts to steal the election.

Ahead of Jan. 6, Willard hotel in downtown D.C. was a Trump team ‘command center’ for effort to deny Biden the presidency
                            On Jan. 2, Trump, Giuliani and Eastman spoke to 300 state legislators via a conference call meant to arm them with purported evidence of fraud and galvanize them to take action to “decertify” their election results. “You are the real power,” Trump told the state lawmakers, according to a Washington Examiner report. “You’re the ones that are going to make the decision.”

Comment

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post

Nah, I'm just another American concerned about attempts to steal the election.

Ahead of Jan. 6, Willard hotel in downtown D.C. was a Trump team ‘command center’ for effort to deny Biden the presidency
                              On Jan. 2, Trump, Giuliani and Eastman spoke to 300 state legislators via a conference call meant to arm them with purported evidence of fraud and galvanize them to take action to “decertify” their election results. “You are the real power,” Trump told the state lawmakers, according to a Washington Examiner report. “You’re the ones that are going to make the decision.”
                              I pay no attention to that, and I have not been involved in the whole "steal" thing.

ETA: This is interesting... I wondered who documented this "private call", and that article includes the line...

call.png
                              Last edited by Cow Poke; 10-24-2021, 07:58 AM.

Comment