Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Fauci is a liar: letter proves that NIH did fund gain of function research

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fauci is a liar: letter proves that NIH did fund gain of function research

Molecular biologist Richard H. Ebright on Wednesday posted a letter from the National Institute of Health (NIH) showing that an NIH grant did fund gain-of-function research at the Wuhan Institute of Virology, contrary to what Dr. Anthony Fauci had testified to the Senate.

Fauci testified to Senators at a hearing in May that the NIH “has not ever and does not now fund gain-of-function research in the Wuhan Institute of Virology.”

However, the NIH’s October 20 letter to House Oversight Committee Ranking Member James Comer (R-KY) showed that the NIH grant, which was awarded to EcoHealth Alliance and then sub-awarded to the Wuhan lab, funded a research project during 2018 and 2019 that tested “if spike proteins from naturally occurring bat coronaviruses circulating in China were capable of binding to the human ACE2 receptor in a mouse model.”

The letter added: “In this limited experiment, laboratory mice infected with the SHC014 WIV1 bat coronavirus became sicker than those infected with the WIV1 bat coronavirus.”

According to the Department of Health and Human Services, “gain-of-function” research is research that improves the ability of a pathogen to cause disease.

Ebright tweeted that in the letter, the NIH “corrects untruthful assertions by NIH Director Collins and NIAID Director Fauci that NIH had not funded gain-of-function research in Wuhan.”

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...-at-wuhan-lab/
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

I think this related to the info that I reported on in the lab leak thread a while ago.

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

More smoking guns...
    Source: https://nypost.com/2021/09/22/wuhan-scientists-wanted-to-release-coronaviruses-into-bats/

Wuhan scientists wanted to release coronaviruses into bats

Chinese scientists wanted to genetically engineer coronaviruses that were more infectious to humans and then conduct experiments on live bats about 18 months before the first COVID-19 cases emerged — but a US Department of Defence agency rejected the funding proposal, leaked documents reveal.

Scientists at the Wuhan Institute of Virology were planning to genetically enhance airborne coronaviruses and release aerosols containing “novel chimeric spike proteins” among cave bats in Yunnan, China, according to the 2018 proposal submitted to the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA).

They also planned to alter coronaviruses to infect humans more easily by introducing “human-specific cleavage sites” to bat coronaviruses.

The purpose of the research was to assess the risk of coronaviruses, work on ways to prevent outbreaks and even vaccinate bats against the virus, according to the proposal.

The proposal was spearheaded by New York City-based EcoHealth Alliance — the nonprofit headed by British scientist Peter Daszak that has previously funneled federal funds to the Wuhan lab for bat coronavirus research.

But the $14 million grant ended up being rejected by DARPA over fears it could result in gain-of-function research, which could make a virus more transmissible and pathogenic.

“It is clear that the proposed project led by Peter Daszak could have put local communities at risk,” DARPA said in rejecting the proposal.

Details of the leaked proposal were released Tuesday by Drastic Research, a group of international scientists investigating the origins of the pandemic.

Drastic said it was provided the papers by a whistleblower, and a former member of the Trump administration confirmed the proposal’s authenticity to the Telegraph.

The group questioned whether the research — particularly altering the virus to make it more infectious to humans — still went ahead given the theory that COVID-19 spread from the Wuhan lab.

“Given that we find in this proposal a discussion of the planned introduction of human-specific cleavage sites, a review by the wider scientific community of the plausibility of artificial insertion is warranted,” Drastic said.

© Copyright Original Source

Last edited by Sparko; 10-21-2021, 07:04 AM.

Comment

The new twist is that this information is coming directly from the NIH itself, meaning that Fauci the Fraud can't play the "plausible denial" game.

Comment

The man is bulletproof.
        That's what
        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          Molecular biologist Richard H. Ebright on Wednesday posted a letter from the National Institute of Health (NIH) showing that an NIH grant did fund gain-of-function research at the Wuhan Institute of Virology, contrary to what Dr. Anthony Fauci had testified to the Senate.

Fauci testified to Senators at a hearing in May that the NIH “has not ever and does not now fund gain-of-function research in the Wuhan Institute of Virology.”

However, the NIH’s October 20 letter to House Oversight Committee Ranking Member James Comer (R-KY) showed that the NIH grant, which was awarded to EcoHealth Alliance and then sub-awarded to the Wuhan lab, funded a research project during 2018 and 2019 that tested “if spike proteins from naturally occurring bat coronaviruses circulating in China were capable of binding to the human ACE2 receptor in a mouse model.”

The letter added: “In this limited experiment, laboratory mice infected with the SHC014 WIV1 bat coronavirus became sicker than those infected with the WIV1 bat coronavirus.”

According to the Department of Health and Human Services, “gain-of-function” research is research that improves the ability of a pathogen to cause disease.

Ebright tweeted that in the letter, the NIH “corrects untruthful assertions by NIH Director Collins and NIAID Director Fauci that NIH had not funded gain-of-function research in Wuhan.”

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...-at-wuhan-lab/
          Ah, but you see, it didn't specifically use the phrase "gain of function", therefore it proves nothing.

Comment

Rather than trusting Breitbart, a source long since acknowledged as suspect by even the partisans here, or simply dismissing them without consideration, one could bend over backwards to be fair, read the letter, and see what it actually says.

2021-10-21_11-25-17.jpg
            Once again, it appears Breitbart is peddling reckless untruths.

Comment

toldyouso.com

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

Ah, but you see, it didn't specifically use the phrase "gain of function", therefore it proves nothing.
                Dude, you called it.

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post
                Rather than trusting Breitbart, a source long since acknowledged as suspect by even the partisans here, or simply dismissing them without consideration, one could bend over backwards to be fair, read the letter, and see what it actually says.

2021-10-21_11-25-17.jpg

Comment

2021-10-21_11-25-17.jpg
                  This appears to me more to be a matter of sources hostile to Fauci wishing to use a definition of 'gain of function' that he did not use as the basis of his testimony to try to smear his name.
                  My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Again, this is a partisan issue that is playing on ignorance and the fact that "Gain of Function" is not well understood outside research circles and may even have different meanings inside those circles.
                    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

A two-fer!

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

This appears to me more to be a matter of sources hostile to Fauci wishing to use a definition of 'gain of function' that he did not use as the basis of his testimony to try to smear his name.
                      Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

Again, this is a partisan issue that is playing on ignorance and the fact that "Gain of Function" is not well understood outside research circles and may even have different meanings inside those circles.
                      Like shooting fish in a barrel.

Who's next? Stoic?
                      Last edited by Mountain Man; 10-21-2021, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                        A two-fer!

Like shooting fish in a barrel.

Who's next? Stoic?
                        That says a lot about why you post here MM, and whether or not you are interested in what its true if in fact it means you may be wrong.

Comment

Exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post

Exactly.

Comment

2021-10-21_11-25-17.jpg
                              It's curious that Ebright, who has a PhD from Harvard, can't figure out that the letter is explaining why the research was not considered "gain of function" research.

Perhaps it was because the letter didn't use the phrase "gain of function".

Comment