Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Covid vaccines effectiveness and boosters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

I agree. So do you want to discuss the facts reasonably, or do you just want to cast aspersions?
    I'm not "casting aspersions" MM. But I am quite doubtful for the same reasons expressed by others here that you are acting on real information.

If you wish to post whatever sources you are basing your concerns on, ill take a look. But as has been pointed out, if there were real and serious side effects - they would be all over the news, as they were with the J&J vaccine.
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

I'm not "casting aspersions" MM. But I am quite doubtful for the same reasons expressed by others here that you are acting on real information.
      So casting aspersions it is. Thanks for playing.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

If you wish to post whatever sources you are basing your concerns on, ill take a look. But as has been pointed out, if there were real and serious side effects - they would be all over the news, as they were with the J&J vaccine.
        Comparing the COVID-19 Vaccines: How Are They Different? > News > Yale Medicine

Pfizer-BioNTech

Common side effects: Chills, headache, pain, tiredness, and/or redness and swelling at the injection site, all of which generally resolve within a day or two of rest, hydration, and medications like acetaminophen. (If symptoms don’t resolve within 72 hours or if you have respiratory symptoms, such as cough or shortness of breath, call your doctor.) On rare occasions, the vaccine has appeared to trigger anaphylaxis, a severe reaction that is treatable with epinephrine (the drug in Epipens®). For that reason, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) requires vaccination sites to monitor everyone for 15 minutes after their COVID-19 shot and for 30 minutes if they have a history of severe allergies.

FDA warnings: The FDA placed a warning label on the Pfizer vaccine regarding a “likely association” with reported cases of heart inflammation in young adults. This inflammation may occur in the heart muscle (myocarditis) or in the outer lining of the heart (pericarditis), and is considered important but uncommon—arising in about 12.6 cases per million second doses administered. The inflammation, in most cases, gets better on its own without medical intervention.

Moderna

Common side effects: Similar to Pfizer, side effects can include chills, headache, pain, tiredness, and/or redness and swelling at the injection site, all of which generally resolve within a day or two. On rare occasions, mRNA vaccines have appeared to trigger anaphylaxis, a severe reaction that is treatable with epinephrine (the drug in Epipens®). For that reason, the CDC requires vaccination sites to monitor everyone for 15 minutes after their COVID-19 shot, and for 30 minutes if they have a history of severe allergies.

FDA warnings: The FDA placed a warning label on the Moderna vaccine regarding a “likely association” with reported cases of heart inflammation in young adults. This inflammation may occur in the heart muscle (myocarditis) or in the outer lining of the heart (pericarditis), and is considered important but uncommon—arising in about 12.6 cases per million second doses administered. The inflammation, in most cases, gets better on its own without treatment.

Johnson & Johnson

Common side effects: Fatigue, fever headache, injection site pain, or myalgia (pain in a muscle or group of muscles), all of which generally resolve within a day or two. It has had noticeably milder side effects than the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines, according to the FDA report released in late February. No one suffered an allergic reaction in clinical trials for the vaccine, according to the company.

FDA warnings: The FDA has attached two warnings to the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. In July, the FDA attached a warning after rare cases of the neurological disorder Guillain-Barré syndrome were reported in a small number of vaccination recipients. Most of the cases occurred within 42 days after vaccination.
        In April, the FDA added a warning label after ending a pause on the vaccine it had recommended “out of an abundance of caution” over an uncommon, but potentially serious, blood clotting disorder that occurred in a small number of recipients.
        That's what
        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post

Comparing the COVID-19 Vaccines: How Are They Different? > News > Yale Medicine

Pfizer-BioNTech

Common side effects: Chills, headache, pain, tiredness, and/or redness and swelling at the injection site, all of which generally resolve within a day or two of rest, hydration, and medications like acetaminophen. (If symptoms don’t resolve within 72 hours or if you have respiratory symptoms, such as cough or shortness of breath, call your doctor.) On rare occasions, the vaccine has appeared to trigger anaphylaxis, a severe reaction that is treatable with epinephrine (the drug in Epipens®). For that reason, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) requires vaccination sites to monitor everyone for 15 minutes after their COVID-19 shot and for 30 minutes if they have a history of severe allergies.

FDA warnings: The FDA placed a warning label on the Pfizer vaccine regarding a “likely association” with reported cases of heart inflammation in young adults. This inflammation may occur in the heart muscle (myocarditis) or in the outer lining of the heart (pericarditis), and is considered important but uncommon—arising in about 12.6 cases per million second doses administered. The inflammation, in most cases, gets better on its own without medical intervention.

Moderna

Common side effects: Similar to Pfizer, side effects can include chills, headache, pain, tiredness, and/or redness and swelling at the injection site, all of which generally resolve within a day or two. On rare occasions, mRNA vaccines have appeared to trigger anaphylaxis, a severe reaction that is treatable with epinephrine (the drug in Epipens®). For that reason, the CDC requires vaccination sites to monitor everyone for 15 minutes after their COVID-19 shot, and for 30 minutes if they have a history of severe allergies.

FDA warnings: The FDA placed a warning label on the Moderna vaccine regarding a “likely association” with reported cases of heart inflammation in young adults. This inflammation may occur in the heart muscle (myocarditis) or in the outer lining of the heart (pericarditis), and is considered important but uncommon—arising in about 12.6 cases per million second doses administered. The inflammation, in most cases, gets better on its own without treatment.

Johnson & Johnson

Common side effects: Fatigue, fever headache, injection site pain, or myalgia (pain in a muscle or group of muscles), all of which generally resolve within a day or two. It has had noticeably milder side effects than the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines, according to the FDA report released in late February. No one suffered an allergic reaction in clinical trials for the vaccine, according to the company.

FDA warnings: The FDA has attached two warnings to the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. In July, the FDA attached a warning after rare cases of the neurological disorder Guillain-Barré syndrome were reported in a small number of vaccination recipients. Most of the cases occurred within 42 days after vaccination.
          In April, the FDA added a warning label after ending a pause on the vaccine it had recommended “out of an abundance of caution” over an uncommon, but potentially serious, blood clotting disorder that occurred in a small number of recipients.
          So - you think MM is referring to the well known, documented, and predominantly minor side effects of the vaccines? I didn't take that to be his meaning at all. And my pushback against his comments was not any denial of these well documented though rarely serious side effects. As with all vaccines, there are a small percentage of people that suffer serious consequences ( e.g. Gillian-Barre ). But that is well known too, and applies to AFAIK all vaccines judged safe for use. flu, rubella, measles etc etc. That percentage must be very small for the vaccine to gain approval. Typically much smaller than those suffering similarly serious consequences from the disease itself.
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

So - you think MM is referring to the well known, documented, and predominantly minor side effects of the vaccines? I didn't take that to be his meaning at all. And my pushback against his comments was not any denial of these well documented though rarely serious side effects. As with all vaccines, there are a small percentage of people that suffer serious consequences ( e.g. Gillian-Barre ). But that is well known too, and applies to AFAIK all vaccines judged safe for use. flu, rubella, measles etc etc. That percentage must be very small for the vaccine to gain approval. Typically much smaller than those suffering similarly serious consequences from the disease itself.
            Just listing the side effects and FDA warnings.
            That's what
            - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
            - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Facts to liberals are like kryptonite to Superman.

Comment

The ones on my blood pressure medicine look similar.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

I dont understand the obsession with antibody levels. Memory cells are the important thing. We shouldn't want to constantly have high antibody levels because then antibody dependence develops. The human body isn't made to keep high levels of antibodies to everything it has fought - Wed explode in a ball of pus and blood if that were the case. That's why we have memory cells. So I don't get why so many are obsessed with these antibody levels/markers. And deciding to Jab again if they start falling. That's just asking for serious trouble.
                  I seem to recall memory response being mentioned in the article.

Comment

I agree. So do you want to discuss the facts reasonably, or do you just want to cast aspersions?

Comment

Obviously it's not being reported by the mainstream media which has been intent on selling the "safe and effective" narrative, but the whole reason we're even talking about boosters for the China flu vaccines is because we know for a fact that they don't offer lasting protection (if they offer any protection at all) and in fact lose their effectiveness extraordinarily quickly. It's interesting to see this article try to sell the "three jabs, and that's it" line, which sounds suspiciously like "two weeks to flatten the curve". How long before someone else comes along and says, "Did we say only three? Oh, no, we meant four. No, five. Okay, six, but no more. Trust us."
                      The article is pretty honest:

So, will we or won’t we need to vaccinate against COVID for life?

“Only time will tell,” Kobiler said.

Your interpretation of it, not so much.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        The ones on my blood pressure medicine look similar.
                        Mentioned this in another thread, but OSHA recently instructed businesses not to track China flu vaccine side effects out of fear that it would discourage people from dutifully lining up for "The Jab". Makes you wonder how many other agencies have issued similar directives and gives one good reason to question claims of "We have no record of such-and-such." Using the truth to deceive?

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post

I seem to recall memory response being mentioned in the article.
                          It's vaguely mentioned but the focus is on antibody levels, and keeping them high. Which is insane.

Comment

Mentioned this in another thread, but OSHA recently instructed businesses not to track China flu vaccine side effects out of fear that it would discourage people from dutifully lining up for "The Jab". Makes you wonder how many other agencies have issued similar directives and gives one good reason to question claims of "We have no record of such-and-such." Using the truth to deceive?
                            I had not seen that. That's incredibly disturbing.

Comment

While it certainly is useful information to have, I am curious why you would post them without clarification as to why you did so. It lands in the middle of an argument about unknown long term side effects - which these aren't - but stands unqualified more as a confusing element than a clarifying one.
                              Last edited by oxmixmudd; 10-21-2021, 11:44 AM.

Comment

While it certainly is useful information to have, I am curious why you would post them without clarification as to why you did so. It lands in the middle of an argument about unknown long term side effects - which these aren't - but stands unqualified more as a confusing element than a clarifying one.
                                Because you asked for them.
                                That's what
                                - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment