Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Covid vaccines effectiveness and boosters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P.S. It was generous of MM to repeat his ignorant reference to "... common coronaviruses like yearly colds and flus". Neither rhinoviruses (which cause colds) nor influenza viruses (which cause flu) are coronaviruses.
    Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
    MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy View Post
      P.S. It was generous of MM to repeat his ignorant reference to "... common coronaviruses like yearly colds and flus". Neither rhinoviruses (which cause colds) nor influenza viruses (which cause flu) are coronaviruses.
      Sorry, but your assertion about colds and coronaviruses is incorrect.

"Common colds are among the most common illnesses. Many different viruses (rhinoviruses, adenoviruses, coronaviruses, and human metapneumoviruses) cause colds, but rhinoviruses (of which there are more than 100 subtypes) cause most colds. Colds caused by rhinoviruses occur more commonly in the spring and fall. Other viruses cause common coldlike illnesses at other times of the year."

From Merck.
      Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

Sorry, but your assertion about colds and coronaviruses is incorrect.
        There's a reason I call him Ignorant Roy.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• And now a FOURTH DOSE!?!?!?!
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            And now a FOURTH DOSE!?!?!?!
            You wanna tell Sparko that he can't have a fourth dose?

Comment

• Originally posted by Stoic View Post

I don't wanna tell Sparko that he can't have bacon!
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Maybe a "fourth dose" that will actually have to be a first dose of a new vax tailored to the new variants that evade current vaxes.

I wonder if the A30 variant is also able to evade monoclonal antibodies. Not going to check into that right now.
                Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  And now a FOURTH DOSE!?!?!?!
                  "Okay, so the first three jabs didn't work, but we're going to keep trying until it does!"

What's the definition of insanity again?

Comment

• Originally posted by Stoic View Post

I already planned on getting a 4th dose. I am ahead of the curve! I even got the mix & match third dose (Pfizer first two, Moderna third) before the CDC said that it confers extra protection to do so.

Wonder if I should get Moderna again for the 4th, or swap back to Pfizer? Gonna skip J&J, it seems to not do as well as the other two.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                      Maybe a "fourth dose" that will actually have to be a first dose of a new vax tailored to the new variants that evade current vaxes.

I wonder if the A30 variant is also able to evade monoclonal antibodies. Not going to check into that right now.
                      There were only 5 cases of A.30 and no new cases have been seen in several months. Most likely extinct.

However, the variant has not been detected for months, with the last A.30 samples reported between May and June this year.

According to the COVID variant tracking network GISAID, only five cases of A.30 have been reported worldwide—three in Angola, one in Sweden, and one in the U.K.

https://www.newsweek.com/rare-extinc...orried-1643396

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

"Okay, so the first three jabs didn't work, but we're going to keep trying until it does!"

What's the definition of insanity again?
                        The 4th dose is for people who are immune-compromised. Like me. Basically the first two doses didn't even work for me, zero antibodies. The third gave me some antibodies, so a 4th would basically really be comparable to the 2nd shot most people got.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

The 4th dose is for people who are immune-compromised. Like me. Basically the first two doses didn't even work for me, zero antibodies. The third gave me some antibodies, so a 4th would basically really be comparable to the 2nd shot most people got.
                          Except that data suggests that the effectiveness of the vaccine quickly wanes for everybody, which why there's any talk of boosters at all.

Comment

• Moderna announces plans for a yearly China flu vaccine.

In other news, Moderna stock suddenly shot up in value.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...ts-every-year/

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              Moderna announces plans for a yearly China flu vaccine.

In other news, Moderna stock suddenly shot up in value.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...ts-every-year/
                              Meanwhile, vaccinated are just as likely to spread delta variant as unvaccinated in their household:
                              https://thehill.com/policy/healthcar...ccinated-study

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

We know it is not wildly inaccurate, which I believe is the insinuation. Studies have been done simply looking at death rates year over year, and the death rates during the year+ of covid are consistent with undercounting, not overcounting - contrary to misinformation lore. And they are consistent with the death rates seen in other similar countries. Again, thes kinds of conspiracy theories almost always need global participation or they fall apart.

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...rticle/2778361

Source: above

Between March 1, 2020, and January 2, 2021, the US experienced 2 801 439 deaths, 22.9% more than expected, representing 522 368 excess deaths ... Deaths attributed to COVID-19 accounted for 72.4% of US excess deaths.

© Copyright Original Source

IOW, a lot more people died during covid than normal, MORE than can be accounted for by the recorded covid deaths. This points to a possible undercount, and makes irrational there was any sort of significant overcount.
                                Rather, it likely points to the predictable increase in domestic violence deaths, heart attacks, strokes, cancers, suicides, deaths from depression, etc. That were expected and predicted by anyone with a working brain who could see the destruction the idiotic lockdowns would cause and have caused.

I spoke a little while back about my friend whose cancer screening was deemed "non essential" and didn't get screened until late last year and they found he had stage 4 cancer returned to him (it had been in remission for several years). He died last week, thanks to the pieces of garbage in CA that pushed their lockdowns.
                                Last edited by Gondwanaland; 10-29-2021, 04:29 PM.

Comment