Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The #resist movement was an insurrection, Technically

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The #resist movement was an insurrection, Technically

From a resident poster:

Originally posted by GuessWho
    Insurrection: an act or instance of rising in revolt, rebellion, or resistance against civil authority or an established government. resistance: the act or power of resisting, opposing, or withstanding.

It follows then that since the entire #resist Movement was explicitly a resistance against an established government that they were technically an insurrection. At least according to that poster.

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post
    From a resident poster:

[/I]

It follows then that since the entire #resist Movement was explicitly a resistance against an established government that they were technically an insurrection. At least according to that poster.
    Well, yes - but on pure technicality, voting against the incumbent could be termed insurrection too.
    1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
    ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
    Scripture before Tradition:
    but that won't prevent others from
    taking it upon themselves to deprive you
    of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by tabibito View Post

Well, yes - but on pure technicality, voting against the incumbent could be termed insurrection too.
      Perhaps our mystery poster will tell us that I am misuing their definition and that they didn't mean it that way. Of course, I can only go by what they post, and that was what they posted.

Comment

Yeah, that would make failure to comply with a lawful order and resisting arrest the equivalent of treason. IOW, the next time that someone in an urban area resists arrest, and a crowd forms and refuses to disperse, they are all treasonous insurrectionists which the penalty for can be death.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post
          From a resident poster:

[/I]

Honestly, this needs a bump, maybe Hypatia_Alexandria will come in and let us know if the #resist movement was an insurrection.

Comment