Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Biden’s Pick For Top Banking Regulator... Thesis On Marxism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by whag View Post
    You said our differing perspectives prevents you from telling me when you think America veered from the right path.
    I said nothing about "preventing" - I simply said I'll pass. I choose not to go down the road.

Differences of opinion don’t stop you from arguing about everything else, so I was wondering why it did in this case.
    Because you and I both know I'm not going to change your mind, and you're not going to change mine, so I have no desire to waste the time of either of us.

Leave a comment:

• whag
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Which that are you referencing? Maybe try that first sentence again, eh?
    You said our differing perspectives prevents you from telling me when you think America veered from the right path. Differences of opinion don’t stop you from arguing about everything else, so I was wondering why it did in this case.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied

Why would THAT that would deter you? If you consider most presidents the result of our choosing “the evil of two lessers,” I’m curious who among those evil statesmen somehow had the nation on the right course. *scratches head*
    Which that are you referencing? Maybe try that first sentence again, eh?

Leave a comment:

• whag
    replied

You and I would have totally different perspectives on that, so I'll pass.
    Why would THAT that would deter you? If you consider most presidents the result of our choosing “the evil of two lessers,” I’m curious who among those evil statesmen somehow had the nation on the right course. *scratches head*

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    I think it’s naive to believe we were ever on the right path. If so, it should be relatively easy to show when we veered.
    You and I would have totally different perspectives on that, so I'll pass.

Leave a comment:

• whag
    replied

Not at all - they just realize we're on a really WRONG path with Biden.
    I think it’s naive to believe we were ever on the right path. If so, it should be relatively easy to show when we veered.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    That’s a weird way of saying your black co-workers think we were on the right path with Trump.
    Not at all - they just realize we're on a really WRONG path with Biden.

Leave a comment:

• whag
    replied

I'm just hoping that all of this crap will be in the minds of voters when they go to the polls for the midterms.

As some of you know, during the week, I'm "a minority" at work, both in melatonin and in politics. I'm hearing more and more of my liberal friends coming to the conclusion that America is headed 'fast and furious' down the wrong path.
    That’s a weird way of saying your black co-workers think we were on the right path with Trump. Here’s the current racial make-up of Trump’s support base:

https://youtu.be/4oXZXT3D0UE

Leave a comment:

• CivilDiscourse
    replied
    Originally posted by Stoic View Post

Or insight into what would be safe to say, or would yield the greatest approval, at that place and time.

Obviously not. The question, of course, is whether that is at all comparable. The hypothetical FDA chief nominee would not have been an undergraduate in Nazi Germany.
    Then release it and actually talk to that. Don't bury it.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    As we have seen when a Supreme Court nominee is being examined, or anybody else of consequence, something that was written or done long ago is CRUCIAL to the side opposing the nomination, and insignificant to the side supporting the nominee.
    Sooo...

Politics.

As usual

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    It's pretty obvious that a thesis written by a student at Moscow State University is not going to be critical of Marxism. But just how important is an undergraduate thesis in determining the qualifications of someone with a PhD and a JD, anyway?
    As we have seen when a Supreme Court nominee is being examined, or anybody else of consequence, something that was written or done long ago is CRUCIAL to the side opposing the nomination, and insignificant to the side supporting the nominee.

Leave a comment:

• Stoic
    replied
    Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

I would say it gives insight into their beliefs and standings.
    Or insight into what would be safe to say, or would yield the greatest approval, at that place and time.

After all, would you want a FDA chief who's undergraduate thesis was on how the Nazi medical experiments were ethical and we should do more of the same now?
    Obviously not. The question, of course, is whether that is at all comparable. The hypothetical FDA chief nominee would not have been an undergraduate in Nazi Germany.

Leave a comment:

• CivilDiscourse
    replied
    It's pretty obvious that a thesis written by a student at Moscow State University is not going to be critical of Marxism. But just how important is an undergraduate thesis in determining the qualifications of someone with a PhD and a JD, anyway?
    I would say it gives insight into their beliefs and standings. After all, would you want a FDA chief who's undergraduate thesis was on how the Nazi medical experiments were ethical and we should do more of the same now?

Leave a comment:

• Stoic
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Obama had a CIA director who was a member of the Communist Party so why should this be any surprise. From what I read of her she is an advocate of a "modernized" form of the old Soviet central planning school of thought.

One thing that the communists could never grasp. Centrally planning an economy is even more futile than herding cats while blindfolded. The only thing it accomplishes is stifling it.
    If the Republicans have even an ounce of savvy, they'll bring all this up in midterm election campaigns.... we are rushing headlong toward communism, and the Biden administration is greasing the skids. And I doubt Joe is even aware of what's happening.

Leave a comment: