Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Biden’s Pick For Top Banking Regulator... Thesis On Marxism

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    As we have seen when a Supreme Court nominee is being examined, or anybody else of consequence, something that was written or done long ago is CRUCIAL to the side opposing the nomination, and insignificant to the side supporting the nominee.
    Sooo...


    Politics.


    As usual

    I'm always still in trouble again

    "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Stoic View Post

      Or insight into what would be safe to say, or would yield the greatest approval, at that place and time.



      Obviously not. The question, of course, is whether that is at all comparable. The hypothetical FDA chief nominee would not have been an undergraduate in Nazi Germany.
      Then release it and actually talk to that. Don't bury it.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

        I'm just hoping that all of this crap will be in the minds of voters when they go to the polls for the midterms.

        As some of you know, during the week, I'm "a minority" at work, both in melatonin and in politics. I'm hearing more and more of my liberal friends coming to the conclusion that America is headed 'fast and furious' down the wrong path.
        That’s a weird way of saying your black co-workers think we were on the right path with Trump. Here’s the current racial make-up of Trump’s support base:

        https://youtu.be/4oXZXT3D0UE


        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by whag View Post
          That’s a weird way of saying your black co-workers think we were on the right path with Trump.
          Not at all - they just realize we're on a really WRONG path with Biden.

          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

            Not at all - they just realize we're on a really WRONG path with Biden.
            I think it’s naive to believe we were ever on the right path. If so, it should be relatively easy to show when we veered.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by whag View Post
              I think it’s naive to believe we were ever on the right path. If so, it should be relatively easy to show when we veered.
              You and I would have totally different perspectives on that, so I'll pass.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

                You and I would have totally different perspectives on that, so I'll pass.
                Why would THAT that would deter you? If you consider most presidents the result of our choosing “the evil of two lessers,” I’m curious who among those evil statesmen somehow had the nation on the right course. *scratches head*

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by whag View Post

                  Why would THAT that would deter you? If you consider most presidents the result of our choosing “the evil of two lessers,” I’m curious who among those evil statesmen somehow had the nation on the right course. *scratches head*
                  Which that are you referencing? Maybe try that first sentence again, eh?
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

                    Which that are you referencing? Maybe try that first sentence again, eh?
                    You said our differing perspectives prevents you from telling me when you think America veered from the right path. Differences of opinion don’t stop you from arguing about everything else, so I was wondering why it did in this case.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by whag View Post
                      You said our differing perspectives prevents you from telling me when you think America veered from the right path.
                      I said nothing about "preventing" - I simply said I'll pass. I choose not to go down the road.

                      Differences of opinion don’t stop you from arguing about everything else, so I was wondering why it did in this case.
                      Because you and I both know I'm not going to change your mind, and you're not going to change mine, so I have no desire to waste the time of either of us.

                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Stoic View Post
                        It's pretty obvious that a thesis written by a student at Moscow State University is not going to be critical of Marxism.
                        That might be a fair point, if she rejected Marxism later on after leaving said university and being in the US. But she was a member of a Marxist Facebook group at least as recently as 2019, which indicates that her thesis is likely her own belief, not something peer pressured onto her by going to Moscow State University.
                        "So when you actually get the virus, you're going to start producing antibodies against multiple pieces of the virus. So, your antibodies are probably better at that point than the vaccination."
                        - Pfizer Scientist Chris Croce

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post
                          That might be a fair point, if she rejected Marxism later on after leaving said university and being in the US. But she was a member of a Marxist Facebook group at least as recently as 2019, which indicates that her thesis is likely her own belief, not something peer pressured onto her by going to Moscow State University.
                          If it was actually her account, then the content of her posts would be fair game.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                            I remember when the democrats were more "sneaky" with their plans, and took their time implementing them, a little here, a little there. But with this election, it was all speed ahead from the day Biden took office. First thing, he signed a stack of executive orders countermanding everything Trump accomplished, and it's been like that ever since. As if they know they only have a couple of years to destroy the country and want to shove through every single crazy liberal plan all at once. Green New Deal, Build Back Better, etc.
                            Incrementalism is so last year.

                            I'm always still in trouble again

                            "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

                              Then release it and actually talk to that. Don't bury it.
                              It looks like Moscow University, for some inexplicable reason, decided to destroy her dissertation on Marxism right before old Joe nominated her. Surely a coincidence.

                              Of course she has a copy but is, for some inexplicable reason, refusing to turn it over.

                              And her belonging to a Marxist Facebook group obviously doesn't mean anything. She probably thought it was a Marx brothers fan club.

                              I'm always still in trouble again

                              "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Stoic View Post
                                It's pretty obvious that a thesis written by a student at Moscow State University is not going to be critical of Marxism.
                                IIRC, she claims to have been actively anti-communist while attending.

                                Originally posted by Stoic View Post
                                But just how important is an undergraduate thesis in determining the qualifications of someone with a PhD and a JD, anyway?
                                Maybe the fact that she was a member of a pro-communist Facebook group until 2019 might be relevant concerning her views

                                I'm always still in trouble again

                                "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

                                Comment

                                Related Threads

                                Collapse

                                Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by Gondwanaland, Yesterday, 09:26 PM
                                0 responses
                                19 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Gondwanaland  
                                Started by seer, Yesterday, 04:57 PM
                                6 responses
                                104 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post seer
                                by seer
                                 
                                Started by Cow Poke, 01-14-2022, 10:57 AM
                                13 responses
                                73 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post seanD
                                by seanD
                                 
                                Started by CivilDiscourse, 01-14-2022, 06:57 AM
                                8 responses
                                77 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post CivilDiscourse  
                                Started by CivilDiscourse, 01-13-2022, 08:27 AM
                                5 responses
                                59 views
                                1 like
                                Last Post rogue06
                                by rogue06
                                 
                                Working...
                                X