Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Bow-and-arrow killings in Norway seen as an ‘act of terror’

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

and everything he said in that interview can be used to impeach him later. It was really dumb to do that interview.

Alec Baldwin TV Sit-Down On ‘Rust’ Shooting Prompts D.A. To Warn “Criminally Culpable” Option Still Possible

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• A search warrant has been issued for Alec Baldwin's phone in connection with 'Rust' shooting

(CNN)A search warrant has been issued for actor Alec Baldwin's cell phone in connection with the fatal shooting of Halyna Hutchins on the set of the film "Rust," according to court documents released Thursday from Santa Fe County, New Mexico.

A judge on Thursday signed the warrant which states that Baldwin, along with his attorney, were asked to turn over the phone, and the detective was told to "acquire a warrant."

Officials are looking to obtain messages, call logs, digital photos and videos, as well as any private messages sent on social media platforms in relation to the production of "Rust," the warrant said. It also looks to obtain any deleted videos, photos and messages on the phone that have to do with the movie.
      https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/16/enter...ant/index.html

Comment

A search warrant has been issued for Alec Baldwin's phone in connection with 'Rust' shooting

(CNN)A search warrant has been issued for actor Alec Baldwin's cell phone in connection with the fatal shooting of Halyna Hutchins on the set of the film "Rust," according to court documents released Thursday from Santa Fe County, New Mexico.

A judge on Thursday signed the warrant which states that Baldwin, along with his attorney, were asked to turn over the phone, and the detective was told to "acquire a warrant."

Officials are looking to obtain messages, call logs, digital photos and videos, as well as any private messages sent on social media platforms in relation to the production of "Rust," the warrant said. It also looks to obtain any deleted videos, photos and messages on the phone that have to do with the movie.
        https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/16/enter...ant/index.html
        Yeah, why a search warrant, though? Why not just "Hey, Alec, can we check out your phone?" "Sure, I got nothing to hide!"

(though the search warrant may include strongly worded language not to delete or alter any of the data on the phone)
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Yeah, why a search warrant, though? Why not just "Hey, Alec, can we check out your phone?" "Sure, I got nothing to hide!"

(though the search warrant may include strongly worded language not to delete or alter any of the data on the phone)
          According to the article above, they did ask and his lawyer told them to get a search warrant, so they did.

This tells me that they are thinking about criminal charges and Baldwin is at the center of it. Probably want to see if he got or sent any messages about getting his story straight, or maybe about the lax safety protocols that apparently were the S.O.P. on the set.

Comment

According to the article above, they did ask and his lawyer told them to get a search warrant, so they did.

This tells me that they are thinking about criminal charges and Baldwin is at the center of it. Probably want to see if he got or sent any messages about getting his story straight, or maybe about the lax safety protocols that apparently were the S.O.P. on the set.
            FWIU, they're wanting to pay particular attention to activity immediately after the shooting.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              FWIU, they're wanting to pay particular attention to activity immediately after the shooting.
              Yeah, and want to check his browsing history to see if he was looking up how guns work and other info to get his story in place, or what he said about others on the set. Lot's of info they could get from the phone. Maybe he should hire Hillary to accidentally smash it with a hammer?

Comment

Yeah, and want to check his browsing history to see if he was looking up how guns work and other info to get his story in place, or what he said about others on the set. Lot's of info they could get from the phone. Maybe he should hire Hillary to accidentally smash it with a hammer?
                You mean like with a cloth?

Comment

You mean like with a cloth?
                  That was the bleach bit on the server. I am talking about this: https://www.businessinsider.com/how-...-phones-2016-9

Comment

That was the bleach bit on the server. I am talking about this: https://www.businessinsider.com/how-...-phones-2016-9
                    I know

Comment

I know
                      Nuh!

Comment

• In spite of the shooting taking place back in October, Alec Baldwin is still refusing to turn over his cell phone despite the search warrant issued on December 16 to seize it to examine texts and emails on the device. As Santa Fe County Sheriff’s spokesman Juan Rios said yesterday:

"The Sheriff’s Office does not have physical possession of the phone. The phone is in New York with Mr. Baldwin."

New Mexico is seeking assistance from New York law enforcement.

This sure smells like someone with something to hide.

Comment

In spite of the shooting taking place back in October, Alec Baldwin is still refusing to turn over his cell phone despite the search warrant issued on December 16 to seize it to examine texts and emails on the device. As Santa Fe County Sheriff’s spokesman Juan Rios said yesterday:

"The Sheriff’s Office does not have physical possession of the phone. The phone is in New York with Mr. Baldwin."

New Mexico is seeking assistance from New York law enforcement.

This sure smells like someone with something to hide.
                          Yup. Although I think Baldwin is capable of murder, the reason may be unrelated. He may be having an affair or did some illegal business deals, or some other embarrassing or illegal activities that he doesn't want exposed. And being a selfish elitist, he may simply be saying "no" because he would be inconvenienced without it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ronson View Post

Yup. Although I think Baldwin is capable of murder, the reason may be unrelated. He may be having an affair or did some illegal business deals, or some other embarrassing or illegal activities that he doesn't want exposed. And being a selfish elitist, he may simply be saying "no" because he would be inconvenienced without it.
                            It might also show that he was talking to people trying to get everyone's stories to line up. Or many other things. But it stinks to high heaven that he won't turn it over after a warrant was served. You or I would be sitting in a cell until we changed our mind.

Comment

It might also show that he was talking to people trying to get everyone's stories to line up.
                              I hadn't thought of that. Perhaps they should put out warrants for phones of others involved, too.

Or many other things. But it stinks to high heaven that he won't turn it over after a warrant was served. You or I would be sitting in a cell until we changed our mind.
                              They can have my phone.

Comment

• FBI analysis indicates that the gun on set could only have fired if the trigger was pulled:

What forensic testing reveals about revolver in on-set 'Rust' shooting

The gun used in the fatal shooting on the "Rust" movie set could not have been fired without pulling the trigger, according to an FBI forensic report obtained Friday by ABC News.

Actor Alec Baldwin shot cinematographer Halyna Hutchins on the set of the Western, which he was producing and starring in, last year. The actor believed he was handling a "cold gun" -- one without live ammunition -- when it went off and a live bullet struck Hutchins, killing her. The film's director, Joel Souza, was also wounded in the shooting.

Accidental discharge testing determined that the firearm used in the shooting -- a .45 Colt (.45 Long Colt) caliber F.lli Pietta single-action revolver -- could not have fired without the trigger being pulled, the FBI report shows.

With the hammer in the quarter- and half-cock positions, the gun "could not be made to fire without a pull of the trigger," the report stated.

With the hammer fully cocked, the gun "could not be made to fire without a pull of the trigger while the working internal components were intact and functional," the report stated.
                                With the hammer de-cocked on a loaded chamber, the gun was able to detonate a primer "without a pull of the trigger when the hammer was struck directly," which is normal for this type of revolver, the report stated.

In an interview with ABC's George Stephanopoulos in December, Baldwin said he didn't pull the trigger on the gun.

"The trigger wasn't pulled," he said. "I didn't pull the trigger."

ABC News reached out to representatives for Baldwin and Hannah Gutierrez Reed, who was in charge of all weapons on the "Rust" set, but did not receive a response as of yet.

The forensic report is part of a criminal investigation into the on-set shooting. The Santa Fe County Sheriff's Office, which is leading the homicide investigation, received the report and other FBI documents related to the shooting earlier this month, the sheriff's office said Thursday.

The documents have been reviewed by the New Mexico Office of the Medical Investigator, which has classified Hutchins' death as an accident, a postmortem report obtained by ABC News shows.

"Death was caused by a gunshot wound of the chest. Review of available law enforcement reports showed no compelling demonstration that the firearm was intentionally loaded with live ammunition on set," the report stated. "Based on all available information, including the absence of obvious intent to cause harm or death, the manner of death is best classified as accident.”

The local district attorney has yet to make any charging decisions in the case. Detectives are awaiting phone records from Baldwin as part of their investigation, the sheriff's office said Thursday.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/gun-rust-s...015300975.html
                                [/QUOTE]

6puzvk.jpg

Comment