Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Bow-and-arrow killings in Norway seen as an ‘act of terror’

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ronson View Post

I still wouldn't be surprised to learn that Baldwin put bullets in the gun. The guy is an elitist snob hothead who beats on and trashes people on a whim. Perhaps his victim made him angry. And Guiterrez ends up being the fall guy
    He's ultimately responsible, regardless of who else he may blame. He's been around long enough to know better.

And, seriously, with all the Hollyweird Special Effects, there is NO REASON UNDER THE SUN to actually fire a gun - prop or not - on the set, and NEVER a reason to aim it at another person.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

He's ultimately responsible, regardless of who else he may blame. He's been around long enough to know better.

And, seriously, with all the Hollyweird Special Effects, there is NO REASON UNDER THE SUN to actually fire a gun - prop or not - on the set, and NEVER a reason to aim it at another person.
      Low. Budget. Movie. Probably had to use real bullets cuz they couldn't afford special effects.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Low. Budget. Movie. Probably had to use real bullets cuz they couldn't afford special effects.
        Gutierrez said she has no idea how or where the live bullets came from. They shouldn't have been there. And she locked up the guns every night.

The police have the shells, and it will be interesting to learn if there are fingerprints on the casings - or if they were wiped. Should be one or the other.

Comment

Gutierrez said she has no idea how or where the live bullets came from. They shouldn't have been there. And she locked up the guns every night.

The police have the shells, and it will be interesting to learn if there are fingerprints on the casings - or if they were wiped. Should be one or the other.
          see my previous post:

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

I was right.

Citing an unnamed individual familiar with the production, The Wrap reported Monday that on the morning of the shooting, some crew members took prop guns -- including the one that killed Halyna Hutchins — from the New Mexico set of the film and used them to go target shooting with live ammunition.
          https://patch.com/california/los-ang...arget-practice

Complete idjuts. I don't think live rounds should ever be allowed anywhere near a movie set.

Comment

• I am still reserving my suspicions about Baldwin.

If this account above is true, then this is the biggest bunch of dolts Hollywood has ever produced. Perhaps because it is SOOO astronomically stupid that I still have doubts. People this dumb shouldn't know how to breathe.

Comment

I am still reserving my suspicions about Baldwin.

If this account above is true, then this is the biggest bunch of dolts Hollywood has ever produced. Perhaps because it is SOOO astronomically stupid that I still have doubts. People this dumb shouldn't know how to breathe.
              It's never "an accident" in a situation like this -- it's a chain of events. There are a NUMBER of points where this could have been so easily prevented.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

It's never "an accident" in a situation like this -- it's a chain of events. There are a NUMBER of points where this could have been so easily prevented.
                Yes, it is a chain of events, where some events are simply egregious oversights. But taking a prop gun - a gun that will be used as a virtual toy later - and loading it with real bullets FOR ANY REASON is beyond stupid. A five-year old would know better than to do that.

I don't understand how such incredibly dumb people survive to adulthood.

Comment

• I'm curious if Baldwin might have been one of those who went plinking on occasion

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Yes, it is a chain of events, where some events are simply egregious oversights. But taking a prop gun - a gun that will be used as a virtual toy later - and loading it with real bullets FOR ANY REASON is beyond stupid. A five-year old would know better than to do that.

I don't understand how such incredibly dumb people survive to adulthood.
                    I have always wondered how someone could become a democrat. Being monumentally dumb seems to be the only explanation, so...

Comment

• Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post
                      That's as silly as declaring cars should not be available because there are people who use them carelessly or leave their keys out where their kids could get them and go for a joy ride, etc.
                      At least with cars there are competence tests that must be passed.

Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                      MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

Do you have any evidence that the on-set armourer was a liberal, or is this just you assuming that everyone who works on films is one?
                        Hannah Gutierrez, 24, is a pinko commie liberal, yes.
                        No evidence presented,. No reason to think you didn't just make that up.

Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                        MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy View Post
                          Yet, often, the deaths from cars are at the hands of persons who are not even licensed, and have stolen the vehicle, and kill people in an attempt to flee.

If somebody want's to commit murder by vehicle, there is no "competence test" preventing them from doing so.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy View Post
                            A competence test isn't required to grab some keys and drive a car, my dude. Anyone capable of movement can do it if they want to, test or no. A kid isn't force to take a competence test to nab their parents keys and go on a joyride. A person who lost their license isn't magically prevented from driving - indeed it happens all the time.

Comment

• Alec Baldwin's stunt double reportedly accidentally fired a blank round after being told the gun was "cold," a term used to denote that there is no projectile in the weapon. Another incident reportedly involved a young woman from the props department shooting herself in the foot. However, that round was also a blank so it's unclear if there was any serious injury that resulted from the mishap.
                              https://www.foxnews.com/live-news/alec-baldwin-rust

Comment

• A photo before the incident. red circle is Hutchins.

exact-words-of-baldwin-and-Halnya-Hutchins05.jpeg?quality=90&strip=all.jpg

Comment