Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Bow-and-arrow killings in Norway seen as an ‘act of terror’

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    FIVE HUNDRED ROUNDS OF AMMUNITION seized from the scene via a search warrant.
    There shouldn't have been a single live round anywhere near that set.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Blanks are "ammunition" - so did they mean ammunition with bullets or blanks?

I am still thinking they were shooting live full rounds in between takes for fun and games and someone screwed up big time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Blanks are "ammunition" - so did they mean ammunition with bullets or blanks?

I am still thinking they were shooting live full rounds in between takes for fun and games and someone screwed up big time.
        I've never heard or used "blanks" as part of "ammunition". There has always been that clear distinction, but maybe that's my police background.

I would think that items seized in a warrant would specify "blanks" if that's what they were.

Among the items on the list were three black revolvers, "loose ammo and boxes" and "a fanny pack w/ ammo." Spent casings and a gun belt also were recovered.
        Last edited by Cow Poke; 10-27-2021, 12:49 PM.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Functional ammo or does that include blanks?

If the latter that's not too surprising for a western, honestly that would be a bit lower than I'd expect for a western.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Functional ammo or does that include blanks?

If the latter that's not too surprising for a western, honestly that would be a bit lower than I'd expect for a western.
            In my personal experience, "ammunition" never includes blanks, because they are so different on so many levels.
            Until I find out otherwise, I'm assuming that this is 500 rounds of actual lethal ordnance.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

In my personal experience, "ammunition" never includes blanks, because they are so different on so many levels.
              Until I find out otherwise, I'm assuming that this is 500 rounds of actual lethal ordnance.
              And the fact that they were "plinking beer cans" obviously means there were "real bullets" on scene.

Another factor is that it seems to be stressed that there was "loose ammo" --- the ammo was not in the box which would be clearly labeled as to the contents.

Comment

I've never heard or used "blanks" as part of "ammunition". There has always been that clear distinction, but maybe that's my police background.

I would think that items seized in a warrant would specify "blanks" if that's what they were.

Among the items on the list were three black revolvers, "loose ammo and boxes" and "a fanny pack w/ ammo." Spent casings and a gun belt also were recovered.
                googling....

The 500 rounds included a mixture of blanks, dummy rounds, and "possible additional live rounds," he said.
                https://news.yahoo.com/500-rounds-am...164220394.html

Comment

googling....

The 500 rounds included a mixture of blanks, dummy rounds, and "possible additional live rounds," he said.
                  https://news.yahoo.com/500-rounds-am...164220394.html
                  So we've added "dummy rounds"? And there was a "professional armorer" on the set?

Comment

I was right.

Citing an unnamed individual familiar with the production, The Wrap reported Monday that on the morning of the shooting, some crew members took prop guns -- including the one that killed Halyna Hutchins — from the New Mexico set of the film and used them to go target shooting with live ammunition.
                    https://patch.com/california/los-ang...arget-practice

Complete idjuts. I don't think live rounds should ever be allowed anywhere near a movie set.

Comment

I was right.

Citing an unnamed individual familiar with the production, The Wrap reported Monday that on the morning of the shooting, some crew members took prop guns -- including the one that killed Halyna Hutchins — from the New Mexico set of the film and used them to go target shooting with live ammunition.
                      https://patch.com/california/los-ang...arget-practice

Complete idjuts. I don't think live rounds should ever be allowed anywhere near a movie set.
                      Agreed. And the armorer that allowed it should be blacklisted from such a job. (I wonder if they were one of the ones that took the guns out for some plinking)

Comment

Same for me, until this case. I've heard all sorts of conflicting info, sounds like guns and Hollywood are a jumble of muddled vocabulary.

But then I'm guessing most are liberals who think a barrel shroud is a "shoulder thing that goes up"

Comment

Same for me, until this case. I've heard all sorts of conflicting info, sounds like guns and Hollywood are a jumble of muddled vocabulary
                          Because the left knows NOTHING about the guns they wish for all of us to surrender.

It's like when the Gulf War started, and the left showed their ignorance of aircraft and weaponry, and had to get up to speed on what to call things.

Comment

Because the left knows NOTHING about the guns they wish for all of us to surrender.

It's like when the Gulf War started, and the left showed their ignorance of aircraft and weaponry, and had to get up to speed on what to call things.
                            Yup. Like I said in an edit while you were responding, most are likely the type of ignorant liberals who thing a barrel shroud is a "shoulder thing that goes up" (and call magazines "clips")

Comment

• Fox has an movie weapons safety expert showing the actual type of gun used on the set.

It is an old type of revolver that you have to manually cock the hammer before the trigger will drop the hammer and shoot the gun. So not only was Baldwin practicing drawing the weapon, he was then cocking the hammer and pulling the trigger.

He also says that Baldwin should have checked the cylinder himself and showed how he could have just looked at the cylinder and seen if there was a bullet in it. He also mentioned that it was easy to modify the cylinder to make it unable to accept a round with a bullet but only blanks.

Comment

Yup. Like I said in an edit while you were responding, most are likely the type of ignorant liberals who thing a barrel shroud is a "shoulder thing that goes up" (and call magazines "clips")
                                Yup!! And that's why, in attempt to curtail "assault rifles", they unwittingly described "scary looking guns". I remember Rush used to always refer to "the Scary Looking Gun ban".

Comment