Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump calls for Republican boycott of upcoming elections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

In 2015, I was aggressively anti-Trump. My preferences were Ted Cruz, Carly Fiorina, and Rand Paul. I thought some of Bad Orange Man's behavior was abominable (but did find many things humorous), and did not trust him to do what he promised. When he ended up winning the nomination, I seriously considered abstaining. Even on the drive to the polling place and while standing in line, I was leaning in that direction, while praying for guidance. While praying, things came to mind: It mattered to me a *little* bit that Laura Ingraham liked Bad Orange Man; that Hannity assured BOM would govern as a conservative; that BOM rivals like Carson and even Cruz supported him. Frankly, it mattered more that the mainstream media, who had seemed thrilled with his candidacy most of the way, went ape-crap-poplectic when it became apparent he might actually win. And something that really got me was George Will and his ilk, who went beyond abstaining from voting for BOM and went as far as hoping for a Hillary landslide to basically teach us Great Unwashed a lesson. That showed me that he was just another elitist and "intellectual" who neither understood nor had any interest in regular people, nor in conservatism. I interpreted that rush of recollections as the answer to my prayer for guidance, voted for the Bad Orange Man, and have had zero regrets.
    During the primaries I was ANYONE But Trump. I started out backing Walker and then basically anyone who looked like they could stop Trump. I didn't trust him considering he had flip-flopped on numerous issues including abortion, gun control, immigration and Obamacare and figured he was just saying what he thought voters wanted to hear. I ended up voting against Hillary in the general election and I was actually quite surprise that Trump actually lived up to his word much better than the average politician.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      During the primaries I was ANYONE But Trump. I started out backing Walker and then basically anyone who looked like they could stop Trump. I didn't trust him considering he had flip-flopped on numerous issues including abortion, gun control, immigration and Obamacare and figured he was just saying what he thought voters wanted to hear. I ended up voting against Hillary in the general election and I was actually quite surprise that Trump actually lived up to his word much better than the average politician.
      The irony of President Trump is that he had liberals bemoaning the fact that he was the first president in decades to actually keep his campaign promises.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

The irony of President Trump is that he had liberals bemoaning the fact that he was the first president in decades to actually keep his campaign promises.
        How many prior administrations had claimed they supported the notion of moving the US Embassy to Israel to Jerusalem?
        Then, when Trump announced he would do it, there was all the "sky is falling" wailing of the liberals who knew Trump was going to get the "Arab Street" mad at us.

When has the "Arab Street" NOT been mad at us?
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment