Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump calls for Republican boycott of upcoming elections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    I really don't want Trump running in 2024
    I'd love to see Rand Paul give it another go.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Maybe DeSantis?
      I am hoping Pence runs for POTUS. I was impressed with him as VP.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

I am hoping Pence runs for POTUS. I was impressed with him as VP.
        Trump's considerable base hates him for not doing more to fight the election certification, which could certainly hurt his chances if he did run.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

I'd love to see Rand Paul give it another go.
          Paul has more name recognition this time around.

But his problem is that this current generation of voters (sorry to say) are too stupid to elect someone who isn't offering freebies. Trump's election was fueled by middle class frustration (IMO) but Paul doesn't deliver the same messages. He's about fiscal restraint and preserving the Constitution. Millennials will say "That's boring. What do I get out of it?"

So, I have no hope for the immediate future of this country. Future generations will need to sort it out.

Comment

• Read this today

https://poll.qu.edu/poll-release?releaseid=3825

78% Of Republicans Want To See Trump Run For President In 2024

Nearly one year after the 2020 presidential election, a majority of Americans (58 - 35 percent) say they do not want to see Donald Trump run for president in 2024, according to a Quinnipiac (KWIN-uh-pea-ack) University national poll of adults released today. Democrats say 94 - 4 percent and independents say 58 - 35 percent that they do not want to see Trump run.

The more important percentage is from independents. Time for new candidates.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ronson View Post
              Read this today

https://poll.qu.edu/poll-release?releaseid=3825

78% Of Republicans Want To See Trump Run For President In 2024

Nearly one year after the 2020 presidential election, a majority of Americans (58 - 35 percent) say they do not want to see Donald Trump run for president in 2024, according to a Quinnipiac (KWIN-uh-pea-ack) University national poll of adults released today. Democrats say 94 - 4 percent and independents say 58 - 35 percent that they do not want to see Trump run.

The more important percentage is from independents. Time for new candidates.
              Interesting that the number for Indeps is exactly the same for the nation as a whole.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Interesting that the number for Indeps is exactly the same for the nation as a whole.
                Yes, I'm not sure that wasn't a typo.

Comment

• I think we should resurrect Ronald Reagan for 2024. First zombie AI POTUS ever!

reagan.jpg
                  Last edited by Sparko; 10-20-2021, 08:38 AM.

Comment

I think we should resurrect Ronald Reagan for 2024. First zombie POTUS ever!
                    Are you sure? Being a zombie would sure go a long ways in explaining old Joe.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Are you sure? Being a zombie would sure go a long ways in explaining old Joe.
                      I edited my post above to make it clear I am speaking of creating a zombie AI like in Back to the Future! Reagan Headroom! Anything would be an improvement on Biden.

Comment

...Anything would be an improvement on Biden.
                        The thought of a President Harris has pretty much stifled any discussion about invoking the 25A.

Comment

The thought of a President Harris has pretty much stifled any discussion about invoking the 25A.
                          She doesn't exist.
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Yeah she's insurance against that.

Comment

I really don't want Trump running in 2024
                              The only way there will be earthly justice for the 2020 election shenanigans is if Bad Orange Man runs *and wins* in 2024.
                              Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Me too neither.

(Well, in the Sprit I don't, but in the flesh, it'd be interesting to see the liberals go even more psycho nuts)
                                In 2015, I was aggressively anti-Trump. My preferences were Ted Cruz, Carly Fiorina, and Rand Paul. I thought some of Bad Orange Man's behavior was abominable (but did find many things humorous), and did not trust him to do what he promised. When he ended up winning the nomination, I seriously considered abstaining. Even on the drive to the polling place and while standing in line, I was leaning in that direction, while praying for guidance. While praying, things came to mind: It mattered to me a *little* bit that Laura Ingraham liked Bad Orange Man; that Hannity assured BOM would govern as a conservative; that BOM rivals like Carson and even Cruz supported him. Frankly, it mattered more that the mainstream media, who had seemed thrilled with his candidacy most of the way, went ape-crap-poplectic when it became apparent he might actually win. And something that really got me was George Will and his ilk, who went beyond abstaining from voting for BOM and went as far as hoping for a Hillary landslide to basically teach us Great Unwashed a lesson. That showed me that he was just another elitist and "intellectual" who neither understood nor had any interest in regular people, nor in conservatism. I interpreted that rush of recollections as the answer to my prayer for guidance, voted for the Bad Orange Man, and have had zero regrets.
                                Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment