Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump calls for Republican boycott of upcoming elections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
    At a recent doctor's appointment, my doctor (he's in his 70s and at this point, will just say whatever he want, he doesn't care), was expressing his deep disappointment in Biden for not playing hardball enough with Republicans, but he did specify he didn't regret his vote because he saw the alternative as unthinkable.
    That doesn't make much sense. Does he mean "hardball" with the moderate Dems? So far the only tough negotiations that have occurred have been the debt ceiling and his multi trillion dollar "infrastructure" monstrosity (everything else he's just done via executive fiat). As far as the latter, it's apparently the moderate Dems giving him a hard time. As far as the former, McConnell conceded in delaying it. So what does he mean by "playing hardball enough with Republicans?"

Comment

Originally posted by whag View Post
      There are few if any Dems who regret voting for Biden over Trump.
      Oh?

Poll: 1 In 5 Democrats, Likely Voters Regret Voting For Joe Biden

In the same sense that you can’t imagine the inverse, such as a Trump voter like yourself, ever regretting you didn’t cast your vote for Biden, no matter how inanely and cringeworthily Trump acted
      I'm not a Trump voter - I'm an anti-pinko Commie Liberal Elite voter.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post

His exact quote is "If we don’t solve the Presidential Election Fraud of 2020 (which we have thoroughly and conclusively documented), Republicans will not be voting in ‘22 or ‘24. It is the single most important thing for Republicans to do." Sorry, but he really said it. And at this point, it seems clear that evidence of fraud is not going to be documented to his satisfaction (even the Cyber Ninjas audit did not find what he was looking for).
        Yes, that is what he said. I don't at all take that prediction of what he believes *will* happen as equivalent to "calling for" it *to* happen.

Fake News.

Let's go Brandon.
        Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Anecdotal but exactly my point. CP must have forgotten that regret translates to voting for the other person.
          It's WAY more than that...

Biden down to 36%, 'sinking like the Titanic'

Worst of all, women are abandoning the president, followed by independents — voters critical to helping lobby for his $3.5 trillion tax-and-spending plan and $1.2 trillion infrastructure program.

“Women voters are abandoning ship. Biden needs to improve his polling numbers with women or Democratic leaders risk losing the 2022 midterm election,” said Zogby.

and...

The Zogby Poll shows a continued decline in support and approval of Biden. One recent survey had him down to 38% approval.

Worse, some polls show that Biden would lose to former President Donald Trump in a new election and that even Biden voters have “remorse” over their 2020 choice.

CP has a memory like a steel trap*!

*unfortunately, it's getting quite rusty and full of dead rats.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

The people that are supporting Trump right now are a clear and present danger to this nation anyway
            Glad to be of service.
            Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Comment

Anecdotal but exactly my point. CP must have forgotten that regret translates to voting for the other person.
              WAIT!!! I changed my mind. You are absolutely correct. Biden is doing super, everything is OK --- carry on! No need to panic.

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

Can you explain after two impeachments over bribery and insurrection and the events of Jan 6, not to mention the long term damage to our relationship with our NATO allies and the large scale refusal to take measures to limit Covid spread (masks and the vaccine) that are Trump incited and often Trump supporting, why you need to be told?
                The impeachments are indictments against the TDS crowd, not Bad Orange Man.

NATO needed a good kick in the seat of learning.

I'm fine with a lot of federalism, as opposed to nationalism, in regard to dealing with the Chicom Bug.

Of all the things you misguidedly cited, only the vax is a problem area for me, and there I believe Bad Orange Man's error was "Warp Speed," not hesitancy.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

That you would liken President Trump to a malevolent space entity that feeds on anger and hostility is hilariously delusional. As Ted Cruz famously said during one of the Republican presidential debates, "No, Donald Trump is not a cartoon villain." I honestly can not wrap my head around the fact that you can look at the utter mess Joe has made, and think that the four years of peace, prosperity, and competent leadership under President Trump was somehow worse.
                  This kind of situation forces me to consider the possibility of predeterminism. It literally seems as if God has wired our brains to see things in drastically, irreconcilably different terms.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

That doesn't make much sense. .
                    His doc is apparently on a cognitive par with Joe.

Let's go Brandon!

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Oh?
                      Yes. In fact, I’d wager there are more Trump regretters than Biden regretters. Trump is more despised and deliberately provocative. Biden, for all his faults, is not.

I'm not a Trump voter - I'm an anti-pinko Commie Liberal Elite voter.
                      Wow. How to say you’re in denial without saying you’re in denial.

If I voted for Biden, I’m a Biden voter. If you voted for Trump, you are, most definitely, a TRUMP voter.
                      Last edited by whag; 10-14-2021, 05:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

His doc is apparently on a cognitive par with Joe.

Let's go Brandon!
                        I suspect he's one of those people that just spews out political tropes and slogans they pick up in the political leftist ether to make it seem like they're politically knowledgeable when they're actually not. IOW, he sounds like a typical low information voter.

Comment

Yes. In fact, I’d wager there are more Trump regretters than Biden regretters.
                          Well, you were so far wrong about your first statement, that I won't bother considering this little "wager".

Try sticking with facts, or statements you can actually back up with facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post

This being the third time I've seen this weird saying, I looked it up.

It's a way of saying how much ya hate Joe Biden without getting dinged for an f-bomb.

This time in the middle of calling out TDS.
                            It is also so very puerile.
                            "It ain't necessarily so
                            The things that you're liable
                            To read in the Bible
                            It ain't necessarily so
                            ."

Sportin' Life
                            Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

It is also so very puerile.
                              It's all about making fun of the loony left's fake reporting.

Comment

It's all about making fun of the loony left's fake reporting.
                                It's puerile.
                                "It ain't necessarily so
                                The things that you're liable
                                To read in the Bible
                                It ain't necessarily so
                                ."

Sportin' Life
                                Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment