Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump calls for Republican boycott of upcoming elections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

I don't have any reason not to trust President Trump. He may be uncouth, he may be a cut throat businessman who skirts the line of ethics and morality, he may be a philanderer who inexplicably cheated on his incredibly hot supermodel wife, but as president, he made a lot of right decisions, implemented a lot of right policies, and did a hell of a lot of good for this country, good that Joe and his puppet masters have been determined to stamp out as quickly as possible.
    I didn't trust him because of some of the cretins he picked to run in his cabinet. most of which made no sense. And the way he's pushing the jab on folks now, I'm not 100% certain he wouldn't have supported mandates. But he was by far the lesser evil, and there was no doubt the opposition relentlessly against him was the establishment and that's a sure sign to me he was definitely the lesser evil.

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

no - the claim he didn't is fake news. The claim he wasn't indicted therefore he didn't do it is spin. And no, the democrats have not in either the 20th or 21st centuries incited a violent insurrection where people broke into the capitol building shouting death threats to the vice president and the house speaker and whose purpose was to stop the certification of a presidential election. (I'm not saying 'never ever' because someone might try to claim some event in during the civil war matches the description)
      Not this century, huh? Does 2018 count? I mean it was so very long ago. Not the process for the president (which IIRC was only delayed a few hours) but a Supreme Court Justice (causing a delay of two days). And while in January 6th, in spite of AOC's histrionics, no Congressman was ever in any danger from the raging mob.

Contrast that to the Kavanaugh confirmation where a couple even forced their was on to an elevator with a Senator refusing to allow the Senator out or the elevator move until the coerced him into asking the FBI do one more investigation of the allegations against Kavanaugh. They were praised for their actions on the evening news broadcasts and CNN.

Prior to that you had several of the "usual suspects" in Congress urging people to confront their Congressman and let your voice be heard. The same sort of rhetoric that you accuse Trump of using that 'incited' some to acts of violence and severe stupidity.

CapitolBreachAP21149461169983-e1622303012574.jpg37888314-9138481-Jacob_Anthony_Chansley_is_pictures_as_he_occupied_the_Senate_dai-a-192_1610472879278.jpg
      Regardless of what else, this guy's chief offense will always be First Degree Stupidity, or Aggravated Idiocy.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Out of curiosity, in terms of dollars, how much damage was done to the Capitol on January 6 versus the damage done during an average BLM/Antifa "peaceful protest" from 2016 to 2020?
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          Not this century, huh? Does 2018 count? I mean it was so very long ago. Not the process for the president (which IIRC was only delayed a few hours) but a Supreme Court Justice (causing a delay of two days). And while in January 6th, in spite of AOC's histrionics, no Congressman was ever in any danger from the raging mob.

Contrast that to the Kavanaugh confirmation where a couple even forced their was on to an elevator with a Senator refusing to allow the Senator out or the elevator move until the coerced him into asking the FBI do one more investigation of the allegations against Kavanaugh. They were praised for their actions on the evening news broadcasts and CNN.

Prior to that you had several of the "usual suspects" in Congress urging people to confront their Congressman and let your voice be heard. The same sort of rhetoric that you accuse Trump of using that 'incited' some to acts of violence and severe stupidity.

CapitolBreachAP21149461169983-e1622303012574.jpg37888314-9138481-Jacob_Anthony_Chansley_is_pictures_as_he_occupied_the_Senate_dai-a-192_1610472879278.jpg
          Regardless of what else, this guy's chief offense will always be First Degree Stupidity, or Aggravated Idiocy.
          My God.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...g-capitol-mob/

https://www.timesofisrael.com/us-cap...video-footage/

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...oreman-vpx.cnn

What is wrong with you?
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

I'd take that bet.

Old Joe has virtually no supporters (he got votes for not being Trump) and a couple polls show that of those who voted for him, those who regret doing so is already well into the double digits. Folks are removing Biden 2020 bumper stickers out of embarrassment. OTOH, Trump increased the number of votes he got in 2016 including in minority communities (miraculous after 4 years of an incessant drumbeat of accusations that he is a virulent racist) and still has a loyal core of supporters (something the demented duffer certainly lacks).

More and more people are realizing that a competent rude lout beats the snot out of having a senile, thoroughly corrupt bumbler who has massively screwed up everything he has touched while in office. That doesn't mean that they now want to vote for Trump in 2024 (if he runs), but will be voting to flush old Joe out of the White House and into a nursing home.
            LOL @ people peeling Biden bumper stickers of cars while you remain the only set that drives around with large dopey Trump flags. There is no equivalent, and you know it.

That most people prefer a “thoroughly corrupt” man and who belongs in a “nursing home” to Trump says tons about Trump’s epic failure as a statesman. Best opportunity ever blown by textbook narcissism and gargantuan incompetence.

That you’d throw someone into a nursing home for reaching Biden’s level of “dementia” says a lot about you, as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by whag View Post
              That most people prefer
              That word should be past tense to be more accurate.

a “thoroughly corrupt” man and who belongs in a “nursing home”
              That part was covered up by the very complicit liberal media, but it's becoming more apparent all the time.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

That you’d throw someone into a nursing home for reaching Biden’s level of “dementia” says a lot about you, as well.
                I wouldn't throw him into a nursing home, I'd lure him there with ice cream.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                  https://www.nationalreview.com/news/...ing-elections/

Could this be a sign that he doesn't plan on running in 2024?
                  He is such a snowflake at times, he needs to get over himself...
                  Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post

I didn't trust him because of some of the cretins he picked to run in his cabinet. most of which made no sense. And the way he's pushing the jab on folks now, I'm not 100% certain he wouldn't have supported mandates. But he was by far the lesser evil, and there was no doubt the opposition relentlessly against him was the establishment and that's a sure sign to me he was definitely the lesser evil.
                    He will always push the jab. Warp Speed was his baby, and he will never admit any flaws in the truncated development process, or the resulting vaxes.
                    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

I wouldn't throw him into a nursing home, I'd lure him there with ice cream.
                      Ice cream carried by children, because he prefers them to people.
                      Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

The whole "let's go Brandon" thing bothers me. I expect vulgarity from liberals, but to see conservatives even widely joining in just shows that they don't care about having the upper hand on morals. H_A is correct, it is downright puerile.
                        It doesn't "bother" me as much as I find memes, in general, annoying. I remember back in the 1980s there was a meme circulating around of "where's the beef?". I guess it was popular because of a double entendre. But I cringed every time someone said it because I thought they were being useful idiots, giving free advertising to the hamburger joint that coined it. I understand what "let's go Brandon" is about, and I was amused for maybe five seconds.

Comment

LOL @ people peeling Biden bumper stickers of cars while you remain the only set that drives around with large dopey Trump flags. There is no equivalent, and you know it.
                          There are an amazing amount of Trump-Pence billboards and other signs still up in Missouri. I attribute it to the owners losing all interest in removing them due to their depression.

That most people prefer a “thoroughly corrupt” man and who belongs in a “nursing home” to Trump says tons about Trump’s epic failure as a statesman. Best opportunity ever blown by textbook narcissism and gargantuan incompetence.

You believe Biden has all his marbles? If so, that might say something about you as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

Ice cream carried by children, because he prefers them to people.
                            He can eat the ice cream and sniff their hair.

Comment

The whole "let's go Brandon" thing bothers me. I expect vulgarity from liberals, but to see conservatives even widely joining in just shows that they don't care about having the upper hand on morals. H_A is correct, it is downright puerile.
                              Which word is vulgar in "Let's Go Brandon"?

And if you want to go with it being a euphemism for one I hope you are just as willing to condemn those who say "heck," "darn," "drat, "fudge," and "shucks."

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Which word is vulgar in "Let's Go Brandon"?

And if you want to go with it being a euphemism for one I hope you are just as willing to condemn those who say "heck," "darn," "drat, "fudge," and "shucks."
                                Drat!

Comment