Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Pelosi Berates Reporters For Not Selling Democrats’ Reconciliation Bill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rogue06
    replied
    Originally posted by Ronson View Post
    Pelosi is an elitist foremost. A liberal second, and a Leftist third. She would throw the extreme Left under a bus if they threatened her trendy ice cream refrigerators and gated SF mansion.
    She's also an incrementalist

Leave a comment:

• Ronson
    replied
    Pelosi is an elitist foremost. A liberal second, and a Leftist third. She would throw the extreme Left under a bus if they threatened her trendy ice cream refrigerators and gated SF mansion.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

Looking back, he's had disdain for Pelosi. Though, those posts show he'd get rid of her to install AOC as speaker.
    Yeah, Pelosi has been a HUGE disappointment to the extreme left, as she has been unwilling to take the party as far left as Bernie and AOC want to go, but gives them lip service, and can't seem to figure out how to position herself on this for her own political advantage. Pelosi will ALWAYS do what's in her own best interest.

Leave a comment:

• CivilDiscourse
    replied
    Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Yeah, he actually said something that made perfect sense for once, which compels me to ask:

Who took over Starlight's account, and what did he do with the real Starlight?
    Looking back, he's had disdain for Pelosi. Though, those posts show he'd get rid of her to install AOC as speaker.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Her strength has always been in keeping her party members in line and getting them to vote for what she wanted. But "the squad" has changed the dynamics. They have no interest in working with the party. They seek only to take over the party. Since their arrival Pelosi has been reduced to trying to herd cats.

Praize be to AOC!

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Wow, can't disagree with a single thing in that post!
    Yeah, he actually said something that made perfect sense for once, which compels me to ask:

Who took over Starlight's account, and what did he do with the real Starlight?

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    Originally posted by Starlight View Post
    It's pretty sad Pelosi is so useless at actually passing legislation or doing publicity. She really needs to be put out to pasture and replaced. But so do half the old fogies in congress.
    Welcome to the dark side.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    It's pretty sad Pelosi is so useless at actually passing legislation or doing publicity. She really needs to be put out to pasture and replaced. But so do half the old fogies in congress.
    Her strength has always been in keeping her party members in line and getting them to vote for what she wanted. But "the squad" has changed the dynamics. They have no interest in working with the party. They seek only to take over the party. Since their arrival Pelosi has been reduced to trying to herd cats.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Wow, can't disagree with a single thing in that post!

Leave a comment:

• Starlight
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    And as the famous Irish ballistics expert, Rick O'Shea, always says, make sure you got plenty of room for bullets that bounce off.
    FF will be standing there to steady the target.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied

Put it in the back yard. In case I miss, or "shoot through", a 45 caliber round from my Henry Rifle will get lost harmlessly in the woods.
    And as the famous Irish ballistics expert, Rick O'Shea, always says, make sure you got plenty of room for bullets that bounce off.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
    Someone should erect a bronze statue of Pelosi on CP’s lawn, and we can all go pay homage just to annoy him. I’ll vote for that.
    Put it in the back yard. In case I miss, or "shoot through", a 45 caliber round from my Henry Rifle will get lost harmlessly in the woods.

Leave a comment:

• Gondwanaland
    replied
    Pelosi Berates Reporters For Not Doing A Better Job Selling Democrats’ Reconciliation Bill

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) berated reporters during a press conference on Tuesday for not doing a better job of selling the Democrats’ $3.5 trillion reconciliation bill.

Pelosi-scaled.jpg

Pelosi’s remarks came in response to a reporter telling her that a new poll found that only 10% of Americans knew a lot about what was in the bill and that the majority do not know about anything in it.

“So, do you think you need to do a better job at messaging?” the reporter asked. “And going forward, how do you sell this if ultimately–”

“Well, I think you all could do a better job of selling it, to be very frank with you, because every time I come here, I go through the list, family medical leave, climate, the issues that are in there, but it is true, it is hard to break through when you have such a comprehensive package,” Pelosi fired back. “But as we narrow it down and put it out there, I think that it will and for example, one of the things in the bill is the continuation of the Biden tax credit. That is child tax credit that is in the rescue package that has great appeal. Do people know where it springs from? No, but it is a vast bill. It has a lot in it. And we will have to continue to make sure the public does, but whether they know it or not, they overwhelmingly support it. And by the way, women much more than men.”

When I interact with H_A, I keep hearing and seeing Pelosi.
    Saying the quiet part out loud. They're really getting cocky.

Leave a comment:

• Ronson
    replied
    Pelosi understands the role of the MSM
    And instead of being insulted, they probably agree with her. "Yes, your highness. We are guilty. May we kiss your feet now?"

Leave a comment: