Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Pelosi Berates Reporters For Not Selling Democrats’ Reconciliation Bill

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Pelosi Berates Reporters For Not Selling Democrats’ Reconciliation Bill

    Pelosi Berates Reporters For Not Doing A Better Job Selling Democrats’ Reconciliation Bill

    House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) berated reporters during a press conference on Tuesday for not doing a better job of selling the Democrats’ $3.5 trillion reconciliation bill.

    Pelosi-scaled.jpg

    Pelosi’s remarks came in response to a reporter telling her that a new poll found that only 10% of Americans knew a lot about what was in the bill and that the majority do not know about anything in it.

    “So, do you think you need to do a better job at messaging?” the reporter asked. “And going forward, how do you sell this if ultimately–”

    “Well, I think you all could do a better job of selling it, to be very frank with you, because every time I come here, I go through the list, family medical leave, climate, the issues that are in there, but it is true, it is hard to break through when you have such a comprehensive package,” Pelosi fired back. “But as we narrow it down and put it out there, I think that it will and for example, one of the things in the bill is the continuation of the Biden tax credit. That is child tax credit that is in the rescue package that has great appeal. Do people know where it springs from? No, but it is a vast bill. It has a lot in it. And we will have to continue to make sure the public does, but whether they know it or not, they overwhelmingly support it. And by the way, women much more than men.”


    When I interact with H_A, I keep hearing and seeing Pelosi.
    Attached Files
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

  • #2
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Pelosi Berates Reporters For Not Doing A Better Job Selling Democrats’ Reconciliation Bill

    House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) berated reporters during a press conference on Tuesday for not doing a better job of selling the Democrats’ $3.5 trillion reconciliation bill.

    Pelosi-scaled.jpg

    Pelosi’s remarks came in response to a reporter telling her that a new poll found that only 10% of Americans knew a lot about what was in the bill and that the majority do not know about anything in it.

    “So, do you think you need to do a better job at messaging?” the reporter asked. “And going forward, how do you sell this if ultimately–”

    “Well, I think you all could do a better job of selling it, to be very frank with you, because every time I come here, I go through the list, family medical leave, climate, the issues that are in there, but it is true, it is hard to break through when you have such a comprehensive package,” Pelosi fired back. “But as we narrow it down and put it out there, I think that it will and for example, one of the things in the bill is the continuation of the Biden tax credit. That is child tax credit that is in the rescue package that has great appeal. Do people know where it springs from? No, but it is a vast bill. It has a lot in it. And we will have to continue to make sure the public does, but whether they know it or not, they overwhelmingly support it. And by the way, women much more than men.”


    When I interact with H_A, I keep hearing and seeing Pelosi.
    Pelosi understands the role of the MSM

    I'm always still in trouble again

    "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

    Comment


    • #3
      Someone should erect a bronze statue of Pelosi on CP’s lawn, and we can all go pay homage just to annoy him. I’ll vote for that.
      “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
      “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
      “not all there” - you know who you are

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        Pelosi understands the role of the MSM
        And instead of being insulted, they probably agree with her. "Yes, your highness. We are guilty. May we kiss your feet now?"

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          Pelosi Berates Reporters For Not Doing A Better Job Selling Democrats’ Reconciliation Bill

          House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) berated reporters during a press conference on Tuesday for not doing a better job of selling the Democrats’ $3.5 trillion reconciliation bill.

          Pelosi-scaled.jpg

          Pelosi’s remarks came in response to a reporter telling her that a new poll found that only 10% of Americans knew a lot about what was in the bill and that the majority do not know about anything in it.

          “So, do you think you need to do a better job at messaging?” the reporter asked. “And going forward, how do you sell this if ultimately–”

          “Well, I think you all could do a better job of selling it, to be very frank with you, because every time I come here, I go through the list, family medical leave, climate, the issues that are in there, but it is true, it is hard to break through when you have such a comprehensive package,” Pelosi fired back. “But as we narrow it down and put it out there, I think that it will and for example, one of the things in the bill is the continuation of the Biden tax credit. That is child tax credit that is in the rescue package that has great appeal. Do people know where it springs from? No, but it is a vast bill. It has a lot in it. And we will have to continue to make sure the public does, but whether they know it or not, they overwhelmingly support it. And by the way, women much more than men.”


          When I interact with H_A, I keep hearing and seeing Pelosi.
          Saying the quiet part out loud. They're really getting cocky.
          "So when you actually get the virus, you're going to start producing antibodies against multiple pieces of the virus. So, your antibodies are probably better at that point than the vaccination."
          - Pfizer Scientist Chris Croce

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
            Someone should erect a bronze statue of Pelosi on CP’s lawn, and we can all go pay homage just to annoy him. I’ll vote for that.
            Put it in the back yard. In case I miss, or "shoot through", a 45 caliber round from my Henry Rifle will get lost harmlessly in the woods.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

              Put it in the back yard. In case I miss, or "shoot through", a 45 caliber round from my Henry Rifle will get lost harmlessly in the woods.
              And as the famous Irish ballistics expert, Rick O'Shea, always says, make sure you got plenty of room for bullets that bounce off.

              I'm always still in trouble again

              "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                And as the famous Irish ballistics expert, Rick O'Shea, always says, make sure you got plenty of room for bullets that bounce off.
                FF will be standing there to steady the target.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

                Comment


                • #9
                  It's pretty sad Pelosi is so useless at actually passing legislation or doing publicity. She really needs to be put out to pasture and replaced. But so do half the old fogies in congress.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Starlight View Post
                    It's pretty sad Pelosi is so useless at actually passing legislation or doing publicity. She really needs to be put out to pasture and replaced. But so do half the old fogies in congress.
                    Wow, can't disagree with a single thing in that post!
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Starlight View Post
                      It's pretty sad Pelosi is so useless at actually passing legislation or doing publicity. She really needs to be put out to pasture and replaced. But so do half the old fogies in congress.
                      Her strength has always been in keeping her party members in line and getting them to vote for what she wanted. But "the squad" has changed the dynamics. They have no interest in working with the party. They seek only to take over the party. Since their arrival Pelosi has been reduced to trying to herd cats.



                      I'm always still in trouble again

                      "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Starlight View Post
                        It's pretty sad Pelosi is so useless at actually passing legislation or doing publicity. She really needs to be put out to pasture and replaced. But so do half the old fogies in congress.
                        Welcome to the dark side.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

                          Wow, can't disagree with a single thing in that post!
                          Yeah, he actually said something that made perfect sense for once, which compels me to ask:

                          Who took over Starlight's account, and what did he do with the real Starlight?
                          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                          Than a fool in the eyes of God


                          From "Fools Gold" by Petra

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            Her strength has always been in keeping her party members in line and getting them to vote for what she wanted. But "the squad" has changed the dynamics. They have no interest in working with the party. They seek only to take over the party. Since their arrival Pelosi has been reduced to trying to herd cats.

                            Praize be to AOC!
                            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

                              Yeah, he actually said something that made perfect sense for once, which compels me to ask:

                              Who took over Starlight's account, and what did he do with the real Starlight?
                              Looking back, he's had disdain for Pelosi. Though, those posts show he'd get rid of her to install AOC as speaker.

                              Comment

                              Related Threads

                              Collapse

                              Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Thoughtful Monk, Today, 01:18 PM
                              3 responses
                              26 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Thoughtful Monk  
                              Started by rogue06, Today, 10:44 AM
                              2 responses
                              47 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Sparko
                              by Sparko
                               
                              Started by NorrinRadd, Today, 01:15 AM
                              13 responses
                              102 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NorrinRadd  
                              Started by whag, Yesterday, 11:02 PM
                              29 responses
                              192 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post whag
                              by whag
                               
                              Started by mikewhitney, Yesterday, 10:44 PM
                              21 responses
                              116 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Mountain Man  
                              Working...
                              X