Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Aman Khalili reaches the USA with his family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eider
    replied
    UPDATE:-
    More Evacuees have flown out of Kabul Airport.........

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/live...s/?id=79482353

Oct 11, 11:55 am

7th Qatari evacuation flight takes off from Kabul
    Another Qatari evacuation flight took off from Kabul and has landed in Doha, according to Qatari officials, the seventh and largest evacuation flight to Qatar since U.S. forces withdrew from Afghanistan.
    "The flight carried 301 passengers, constituting the largest Qatari passenger evacuation flight since 31 August. Passengers onboard included Afghan citizens, Afghan MPs, UN affiliates, journalists as well as citizens from countries including the United States, Netherlands, Australia, France and Japan," said a senior Qatari government official in a statement.
    The passengers who arrived on Monday will be transported to a compound facility already hosting Afghan civilians and other evacuees before departing to their final destinations.
    "The State of Qatar will continue to work with international partners on efforts that ensure freedom of movement in Afghanistan, including through serving as an active mediator between various parties. We remain focused on providing humanitarian aid to the country and are dedicated to promoting a stable and peaceful Afghanistan moving forward," the statement said.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Don't worry. I am sure Biden will make another enormous foul up soon that will take people's mind off of his Afghanistan mess. And it won't cost us a dollar!
    2024 will indeed be interesting. It is inconceivable that old Joe will even be coherent enough by then to say "vote for me." Maybe they can use Deep Fakes. Or Max Bidenroom?

And people are starting to take note of the fact that everything Kamala is given to do she also flubs -- that is if she even makes any attempt at all to do it.

I'm surprised that none of the Democrats have the political wherewithal to start staking out some political ground on their own now. I don't mean distancing themselves from Biden. That will come after 2022 if what is brewing is even half as bad as it looks.

But it looks that the midterms is what everyone is waiting for. So everyone will "emerge" in a pack. And that's what I mean I'm surprised nobody has realized getting your name out there and being talked about before everyone else tries to do the same would be the smart course.

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    The MSM is now largely ignoring it but it is too colossal a cluster foul up followed by a continuing series of major blunders for people to forget.
    Don't worry. I am sure Biden will make another enormous foul up soon that will take people's mind off of his Afghanistan mess. And it won't cost us a dollar!

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

I'm seeing more and more ex-military running for political offices on the basis that our Country betrayed its military, and/or left citizens and Afghani loyals behind.
    They're making Afghanistan a large part of their campaign, so this isn't going away.
    The MSM is now largely ignoring it but it is too colossal a cluster foul up followed by a continuing series of major blunders for people to forget.

Leave a comment:

• CivilDiscourse
    replied
    Originally posted by eider View Post

Somehow your analogies just never work.
    SO you say, but you didn't do anything other than hand-wave it away here. What exactly didn't work? Why didn't it work? What was the axis of comparison?

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Me too.

As of yet what we're getting from the White House is that those who were abandoned didn't really want to leave.
    I'm seeing more and more ex-military running for political offices on the basis that our Country betrayed its military, and/or left citizens and Afghani loyals behind.
    They're making Afghanistan a large part of their campaign, so this isn't going away.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied

Whatever.......
    At least families such as Aman Khalili's are getting clear.
    The USA has been negotiating or talking with the Taliban, trying to arrange safe transport out for any remaining US citizens and Westerners who want to leave, and for those who assisted Western forces before the end.

I'm interested to see or hear how those talks went and if there was any success.
    Me too.

As of yet what we're getting from the White House is that those who were abandoned didn't really want to leave.

Leave a comment:

• eider
    replied
    Never work? Or you don't like them and therefore reject them.

CD does a pretty good job with analogies.
    Whatever.......
    At least families such as Aman Khalili's are getting clear.
    The USA has been negotiating or talking with the Taliban, trying to arrange safe transport out for any remaining US citizens and Westerners who want to leave, and for those who assisted Western forces before the end.

I'm interested to see or hear how those talks went and if there was any success.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied

Never work? Or you don't like them and therefore reject them.

CD does a pretty good job with analogies.

Leave a comment:

• eider
    replied
    Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

That doesn't show any of it.

You can argue about all sorts of initial faults, but that doesn't excuse someone coming up with a horrible plan to get out of it. That's like saying, "I never should've been in an arranged marriage Ethel to begin with, so it's my parents fault when I killed her to end the marriage"

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied

Yeah, when Biden royally screwed things up, others rushed in to try to salvage what they could of the situation, including trying to save lives.

Actually, yes, he did.

And I was against that then, and still am.

Though, Biden did not "make a mess of Afghanistan" originally, he made a ROYAL mess of the exit, and left American citizens, Afghani loyalists, and many others behind to pay the price.
    Biden should be in a mental hospital, not the commander of our military. He is a screw-up. Even Obama made that observation.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Which goes to show that in the evacuations and shambles of defeats, or withdrawals, or retreats, leaders make the best decisions they can in the heat of the moments, generals can fail in some as well. It's only those people whose careless, or recklessness, or lawlessness during such times should be criticised or exposed.
    Yeah, when Biden royally screwed things up, others rushed in to try to salvage what they could of the situation, including trying to save lives.

President Biden didn't make a mess of Afghanistan,
    Actually, yes, he did.

The leaders who raced us all in there 20 years ago are to blame for most of this.
    And I was against that then, and still am.

Though, Biden did not "make a mess of Afghanistan" originally, he made a ROYAL mess of the exit, and left American citizens, Afghani loyalists, and many others behind to pay the price.
    Biden should be in a mental hospital, not the commander of our military. He is a screw-up. Even Obama made that observation.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied

Which goes to show that in the evacuations and shambles of defeats, or withdrawals, or retreats, leaders make the best decisions they can in the heat of the moments, generals can fail in some as well. It's only those people whose careless, or recklessness, or lawlessness during such times should be criticised or exposed.

President Biden didn't make a mess of Afghanistan, The leaders who raced us all in there 20 years ago are to blame for most of this.
    Nobody except maybe the demented duffer himself thinks that anything but the best decisions were made. They had months to plan this out and they fumbled it in a way that makes the Keystone Kops look like the picture of efficient organization. It was a colossal cluster foul up that there was no excuse for. I mean, number one, you NEVER withdrawal your troops before you get the civilians out first. And that was just the first of a long line of utterly boneheaded decisions. I mean the odds are that at least some of the decisions should have been good calls or at least not mindless screw ups. But it was literally one after another.

But you're right, old Joe didn't make the mess... he just did the equivalent of burning an entire city down trying to put out a fire in a single house.

Leave a comment:

• CivilDiscourse
    replied

President Biden didn't make a mess of Afghanistan, The leaders who raced us all in there 20 years ago are to blame for most of this.
    That doesn't show any of it.

You can argue about all sorts of initial faults, but that doesn't excuse someone coming up with a horrible plan to get out of it. That's like saying, "I never should've been in an arranged marriage Ethel to begin with, so it's my parents fault when I killed her to end the marriage"
    Last edited by CivilDiscourse; 10-13-2021, 05:32 AM.

Leave a comment:

• eider
    replied

No, two of our missionary families were rescued by German soldiers, and they were gathering up others while US soldiers were forbidden from leaving the immediate area of the airport.
    (I know for a fact that some of our soldiers willfully disobeyed orders, and rounded up some Americans and loyal Afghanis, also)

Leave a comment: