Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Aman Khalili reaches the USA with his family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eider View Post

Whatever.......
    At least families such as Aman Khalili's are getting clear.
    The USA has been negotiating or talking with the Taliban, trying to arrange safe transport out for any remaining US citizens and Westerners who want to leave, and for those who assisted Western forces before the end.

I'm interested to see or hear how those talks went and if there was any success.
    Me too.

As of yet what we're getting from the White House is that those who were abandoned didn't really want to leave.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Me too.

As of yet what we're getting from the White House is that those who were abandoned didn't really want to leave.
      I'm seeing more and more ex-military running for political offices on the basis that our Country betrayed its military, and/or left citizens and Afghani loyals behind.
      They're making Afghanistan a large part of their campaign, so this isn't going away.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by eider View Post

Somehow your analogies just never work.
        SO you say, but you didn't do anything other than hand-wave it away here. What exactly didn't work? Why didn't it work? What was the axis of comparison?

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

I'm seeing more and more ex-military running for political offices on the basis that our Country betrayed its military, and/or left citizens and Afghani loyals behind.
          They're making Afghanistan a large part of their campaign, so this isn't going away.
          The MSM is now largely ignoring it but it is too colossal a cluster foul up followed by a continuing series of major blunders for people to forget.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            The MSM is now largely ignoring it but it is too colossal a cluster foul up followed by a continuing series of major blunders for people to forget.
            Don't worry. I am sure Biden will make another enormous foul up soon that will take people's mind off of his Afghanistan mess. And it won't cost us a dollar!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Don't worry. I am sure Biden will make another enormous foul up soon that will take people's mind off of his Afghanistan mess. And it won't cost us a dollar!
              2024 will indeed be interesting. It is inconceivable that old Joe will even be coherent enough by then to say "vote for me." Maybe they can use Deep Fakes. Or Max Bidenroom?

And people are starting to take note of the fact that everything Kamala is given to do she also flubs -- that is if she even makes any attempt at all to do it.

I'm surprised that none of the Democrats have the political wherewithal to start staking out some political ground on their own now. I don't mean distancing themselves from Biden. That will come after 2022 if what is brewing is even half as bad as it looks.

But it looks that the midterms is what everyone is waiting for. So everyone will "emerge" in a pack. And that's what I mean I'm surprised nobody has realized getting your name out there and being talked about before everyone else tries to do the same would be the smart course.

Comment

UPDATE:-
                More Evacuees have flown out of Kabul Airport.........

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/live...s/?id=79482353

Oct 11, 11:55 am

7th Qatari evacuation flight takes off from Kabul
                Another Qatari evacuation flight took off from Kabul and has landed in Doha, according to Qatari officials, the seventh and largest evacuation flight to Qatar since U.S. forces withdrew from Afghanistan.
                "The flight carried 301 passengers, constituting the largest Qatari passenger evacuation flight since 31 August. Passengers onboard included Afghan citizens, Afghan MPs, UN affiliates, journalists as well as citizens from countries including the United States, Netherlands, Australia, France and Japan," said a senior Qatari government official in a statement.
                The passengers who arrived on Monday will be transported to a compound facility already hosting Afghan civilians and other evacuees before departing to their final destinations.
                "The State of Qatar will continue to work with international partners on efforts that ensure freedom of movement in Afghanistan, including through serving as an active mediator between various parties. We remain focused on providing humanitarian aid to the country and are dedicated to promoting a stable and peaceful Afghanistan moving forward," the statement said.

Comment