Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Southwest Airlines Cancelling LOTS of Flights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Southwest Airlines Cancelling LOTS of Flights

The reason seems to be in dispute. We got back from Colorado Springs just before this hit, and it's impacting thousands and thousands of people.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

The company and union both deny it but everyone keeps saying it's a call-out protest because of the vaccine mandate.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      The company and union both deny it but everyone keeps saying it's a call-out protest because of the vaccine mandate.
      And I just heard that they were blaming weather, because they don't have to reimburse or refund flights based on weather.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

And I just heard that they were blaming weather, because they don't have to reimburse or refund flights based on weather.
        But all of the other airlines serving the same areas weren't cancelling.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I'm having trouble believing Southwest when they blame the FAA or the weather on this one. Maybe their vaccine mandate has something to do with this.
          "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post
            I'm having trouble believing Southwest when they blame the FAA or the weather on this one. Maybe their vaccine mandate has something to do with this.
            I haven't been following the story closely, but if they're the only airline company to initiate such a mandate, then you'd think it would be open and shut why this is happening.

Comment

It's pretty clear it is the folks not wanting to be valued. When they're fired for not varying they don't get to be paid for accrued sick days so they're taking all their sick days now before the mandate goes into effect. But Southwest doesn't want to admit that.

Comment

Especially when every other airline uses the same FAA and Flys the same weather and aren't having these cancellations.

Comment

I just flew American to Missouri from Los Angeles today (stopover in Dallas). I checked the weather before I left L.A., and the entire country was in pretty good shape weather-wise. Not much of anything going on. So the weather excuse is beyond lame.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    But all of the other airlines serving the same areas weren't cancelling.
                    yup

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
                      I just flew American to Missouri from Los Angeles today (stopover in Dallas). I checked the weather before I left L.A., and the entire country was in pretty good shape weather-wise. Not much of anything going on. So the weather excuse is beyond lame.
                      Yeah, and I had flown from Colorado Springs to Houston, and no weather concerns at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Especially when every other airline uses the same FAA and Flys the same weather and aren't having these cancellations.
                        Other airlines have vaccine mandates, too, including Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, Frontier Airlines, Hawaiian Airlines, JetBlue, and United Airlines.

Comment

According to Benny Johnson...

This photo was just sent to me of a grounded Southwest plane flying a Gadsden flag out of the cockpit. The Hero Pilots at Southwest and other Airlines deserve our support. True patriots worthy of the American Freedom Fighter tradition. Don’t Tread On Me. God Bless Them

Don't ask me

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post

Other airlines have vaccine mandates, too, including Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, Frontier Airlines, Hawaiian Airlines, JetBlue, and United Airlines.
                            Old Joe rattled off a list of airlines while telling everyone to ignore the coming mass firings and focus on the bigger picture. That people are being fired for refusing to share confidential medical information with their employ... Wait, That wasn't it.

Comment

This morning, the news was still saying they blamed "the weather and other external factors", but "disputed it had anything to do with mandatory vaccination".

No, I don't buy it, either.

Comment