Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Criminal Justice in Colorado - My Experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    So, I'm conflicted.

The owners of the AirB&B place refunded two nights, and I'm very grateful for that.

However, when I write a review, I'm sure I'm expected to leave out this little episode.

That makes me wonder -- how may others have used that same place, had a similar experience, but were "refunded" into not being totally honest in a review?

The FRONT of the house is "in a nice neighborhood", but the "back of the house" is in a rather shady neighborhood, if you can imagine that.

I have a friend who bought a place just inside Atlanta city limits several years back, a corner lot. The street the place faced was was having nice Town Homes being built along it. The street that it dead ended into... there were street walkers on it.

I'll never forget his remark about how it was okay because they stood on the other side of the street from where he lived. Less than a month later his two dogs were poisoned. Apparently they barked at cars that stopped and scared some of the hooker's customers away and...

He moved from there recently turning a low to mid six figure profit on his purchase after a decade and a half.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I have a lot of family who lives in Colorado. I moved around a lot as a kid (and as an adult), and always thought of Colorado as home even though I have never lived there. I have long considered possibly moving there some day, perhaps to retire, but with the way the state has been going down the liberal garbage disposal lately, I've had to reconsider that dream.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        I have a lot of family who lives in Colorado. I moved around a lot as a kid (and as an adult), and always thought of Colorado as home even though I have never lived there. I have long considered possibly moving there some day, perhaps to retire, but with the way the state has been going down the liberal garbage disposal lately, I've had to reconsider that dream.
        Sadly, yeah - I have a best friend who just passed away who loved Colorado, but gave up on the State a few years ago, saying it was getting ruined by leftist policies.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

sounds like the guy was some crazy homeless guy. I would think the police would have at least taken him in and booked him for disturbing the peace or something like that, just to get him off the streets and evaluate him. If he is indeed crazy, they could take him to a hospital.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            sounds like the guy was some crazy homeless guy. I would think the police would have at least taken him in and booked him for disturbing the peace or something like that, just to get him off the streets and evaluate him. If he is indeed crazy, they could take him to a hospital.
            The cops I talked to said the system is so broke that it's a waste of time to do anything like that. That's what they would have done in the past.

In the back of my mind, I keep thinking maybe he was a homeless military veteran, and maybe I should have tried talking to him. I think if my wife were not in the picture, I would have tried, but I didn't want to put her in unnecessary risk.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I just posted this anecdote in the wrong thread. Should have been here ...

https://theologyweb.com/campus/forum...88#post1313188

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

The cops I talked to said the system is so broke that it's a waste of time to do anything like that. That's what they would have done in the past.

In the back of my mind, I keep thinking maybe he was a homeless military veteran, and maybe I should have tried talking to him. I think if my wife were not in the picture, I would have tried, but I didn't want to put her in unnecessary risk.
                The way you described him, looking right at your wife and trying to break in, and then digging in the dumpster to seemingly find a weapon makes me think he might have been dangerous, and nuts. Probably best you didn't try to engage him. But the police should have tried to help him if that was the case. I know my brother when he was a cop would do stuff like that. He even lost his job because of it. He was chasing a guy down the highway. The guy was on the phone with 911 and it was patched through to his car and he was threatening to kill himself. My brother eventually got him to stop and arrested him. Instead of taking him to the jail, he took him straight to the base hospital (he was in the Army and this was outside of the base). When his Chief heard he had my brother punished because he didn't take him to the jail. The jail even said they would not have taken him because of his suicidal claims and would have made him go to a hospital instead. It was an excuse to get rid of my brother, it turned out. I think I told this story previously. The Chief was crooked and my brother wouldn't put up with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

The way you described him, looking right at your wife and trying to break in, and then digging in the dumpster to seemingly find a weapon makes me think he might have been dangerous, and nuts. Probably best you didn't try to engage him. But the police should have tried to help him if that was the case. I know my brother when he was a cop would do stuff like that. He even lost his job because of it. He was chasing a guy down the highway. The guy was on the phone with 911 and it was patched through to his car and he was threatening to kill himself. My brother eventually got him to stop and arrested him. Instead of taking him to the jail, he took him straight to the base hospital (he was in the Army and this was outside of the base). When his Chief heard he had my brother punished because he didn't take him to the jail. The jail even said they would not have taken him because of his suicidal claims and would have made him go to a hospital instead. It was an excuse to get rid of my brother, it turned out. I think I told this story previously. The Chief was crooked and my brother wouldn't put up with it.
                  Yeah, I probably did best by leaving it to the Police, ill-equipped as they were to deal with him.

Comment