Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Texas school shooting. Suspect out on bail?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas school shooting. Suspect out on bail?

Really?

If the shooter had been white this would have been all over the news with outrage from everywhere. Where is the outrage? Why is this guy out on bail partying with his family?

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahba...party-n2597171

One day after pulling a gun and firing on his classmates and teacher, the suspected Arlington, Texas, school shooter not only walked free after meeting a $75,000 bail, but partied with his family upon returning home.

According to witnesses, the suspected shooter fired "seven or eight times" at a 15-year-old classmate with whom he had just gotten into a fight. He also shot his teacher in the back and another teenage girl was grazed by a bullet. He then fled the school.

After a bondsman met the bail terms, the suspect was met with a welcome home party by his family, even as one of the victims remains in critical condition.
    The student, who was charged with three counts of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, was seen in videos shared in social media enjoying a celebratory family gathering in his kitchen, The Sun reported.

Meanwhile, 15-year-old student Zacchaeus Selby, who was struck four times during the gunfire, remained hospitalized in an induced coma, according to the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.

“Zacchaeus is a bright young and respectful individual who lit up a room every time with his presence,” according to a GoFundMe account set up to raise money for his medical expenses and legal costs.

“He has a heart of gold and does not deserve to be fighting for his life in the ICU due to being shot in an environment were (sic) kids should feel safe. He is a great brother, boyfriend, and coworker and does not have a bone in his body to bully anyone,” the fundraiser adds. (New York Post)

Teacher Calvin Pettitt, who tried to break up the fight, is also still in the hospital.

Last edited by mossrose; 10-11-2021, 12:18 PM.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Yeah, wow.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I haven't had a chance to read up on this one, but there has been a wave of prosecutors caving to the "social justice" crap, and refusing to prosecute aggressively, or refusing to fight for stiff penalties, and/or judges who pretty much commit jury nullification in the interest of "social justice".

This will not end well.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        I haven't had a chance to read up on this one, but there has been a wave of prosecutors caving to the "social justice" crap, and refusing to prosecute aggressively, or refusing to fight for stiff penalties, and/or judges who pretty much commit jury nullification in the interest of "social justice".

This will not end well.
        It is really a bad situation. Once again shows the hypocrisy of the left.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

It is really a bad situation. Once again shows the hypocrisy of the left.
          I saw an article where George Soros was very much involved in getting District Attorney positions filled with "ain't gonna charge them" social justice warriors, and trying to subvert the criminal justice system. I was on vacation, of sorts, so didn't bother reading the whole article (was rescuing my wife from a bear that was trying to eat her) and now I can't remember where I saw that article.

(Wife is fine, bear wasn't real)

Comment

Originally posted by CP

Comment

Really?

If the shooter had been white this would have been all over the news with outrage from everywhere. Where is the outrage? Why is this guy out on bail partying with his family?

One day after pulling a gun and firing on his classmates and teacher, the suspected Arlington, Texas, school shooter not only walked free after meeting a $75,000 bail, but partied with his family upon returning home.

According to witnesses, the suspected shooter fired "seven or eight times" at a 15-year-old classmate with whom he had just gotten into a fight. He also shot his teacher in the back and another teenage girl was grazed by a bullet. He then fled the school.

After a bondsman met the bail terms, the suspect was met with a welcome home party by his family, even as one of the victims remains in critical condition.
              The student, who was charged with three counts of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, was seen in videos shared in social media enjoying a celebratory family gathering in his kitchen, The Sun reported.

Meanwhile, 15-year-old student Zacchaeus Selby, who was struck four times during the gunfire, remained hospitalized in an induced coma, according to the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.

“Zacchaeus is a bright young and respectful individual who lit up a room every time with his presence,” according to a GoFundMe account set up to raise money for his medical expenses and legal costs.

“He has a heart of gold and does not deserve to be fighting for his life in the ICU due to being shot in an environment were (sic) kids should feel safe. He is a great brother, boyfriend, and coworker and does not have a bone in his body to bully anyone,” the fundraiser adds. (New York Post)

Teacher Calvin Pettitt, who tried to break up the fight, is also still in the hospital.

From my (limited) understanding of it, this wasn't a "normal" school shooting. (By normal, I mean a kid plans on bringing a gun to school and go on a killing spree).

It sounds like the primary victim was a bully (fox news had a story about his parents being "shocked" by what they saw on the video, as he was always a sweet quiet boy), and the shooter took it as self defense.

Granted, these are all details that would be handwaved away had the shooter fit the normal profile.

Comment

Really?

75000? Wow. The bail for Kyle Rittenhouse was 2 million, IIRC and he shot people trying to attack him and cave his head in with a skateboard and shoot him with a handgun. "White Privilege"

Comment

Really?

Yup. Seen it being compared to several other current cases and the disparity

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I saw an article where George Soros was very much involved in getting District Attorney positions filled with "ain't gonna charge them" social justice warriors, and trying to subvert the criminal justice system. I was on vacation, of sorts, so didn't bother reading the whole article (was rescuing my wife from a bear that was trying to eat her) and now I can't remember where I saw that article.

Been tellin' y'all about Soros funded groups throwing money into local DA races for awhile now

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

In any case... those were NOT my brownies.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        Been tellin' y'all about Soros funded groups throwing money into local DA races for awhile now
                        H_A told me to ignore you.

Comment

H_A told me to ignore you.
                          Never worked when the teacher would tell you and the rest of the class to do the same back when we were young'uns, did it?

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            Never worked when the teacher would tell you and the rest of the class to do the same back when we were young'uns, did it?
                            Now that you mention it, doesn't H_A remind of you Ms Balachnikov?

Comment

I'm wondering, as usual, where our resident liberals are at.

Comment