Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Texas school shooting. Suspect out on bail?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
    I'm wondering, as usual, where our resident liberals are at.
    It's interesting when things become so bad on the liberal landscape that even our locals can't seriously embrace or defend them.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I wonder what the percentage of Biden 2020 bumper stickers have been removed or covered over

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        I wonder what the percentage of Biden 2020 bumper stickers have been removed or covered over
        We should buy some! They'll be a rare commodity before too long.

(but, then again, who would buy them from us? )
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

We should buy some! They'll be a rare commodity before too long.

(but, then again, who would buy them from us? )
          We'll put it with my autographed copy of a book by Jimmy Carter.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            We'll put it with my autographed copy of a book by Jimmy Carter.
            Jimmy Carter, who goes to bed every night thanking the Lord that he's no longer the worst POTUS in the history of the US? THAT Jimmy Carter?

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Jimmy Carter, who goes to bed every night thanking the Lord that he's no longer the worst POTUS in the history of the US? THAT Jimmy Carter?
              jc2JC.jpg

Comment

9e8332f1-cc06-409e-b901-f172f2ecd238.jpg

Comment

Only good news with this is it is now a very easy publicized example to toss to the libs who complain that white mass shooters like Dylan Roof get special treatment and that if they were black they'd get shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post
                    Only good news with this is it is now a very easy publicized example to toss to the libs who complain that white mass shooters like Dylan Roof get special treatment and that if they were black they'd get shot.
                    They make that claim about Jan 6 -- if that was BLM they would have been shot. Of course we saw the hands off kid glove treatment they got for several months on end.

Comment

Pleased tell me there is a /s missing at the end of that tweet.
                      We know J6 wasn’t peaceful because they didn’t set the building on fire.

Comment

Really?

If the shooter had been white this would have been all over the news with outrage from everywhere. Where is the outrage? Why is this guy out on bail partying with his family?

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahba...party-n2597171

One day after pulling a gun and firing on his classmates and teacher, the suspected Arlington, Texas, school shooter not only walked free after meeting a $75,000 bail, but partied with his family upon returning home.

According to witnesses, the suspected shooter fired "seven or eight times" at a 15-year-old classmate with whom he had just gotten into a fight. He also shot his teacher in the back and another teenage girl was grazed by a bullet. He then fled the school.

After a bondsman met the bail terms, the suspect was met with a welcome home party by his family, even as one of the victims remains in critical condition.
                        The student, who was charged with three counts of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, was seen in videos shared in social media enjoying a celebratory family gathering in his kitchen, The Sun reported.

Meanwhile, 15-year-old student Zacchaeus Selby, who was struck four times during the gunfire, remained hospitalized in an induced coma, according to the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.

“Zacchaeus is a bright young and respectful individual who lit up a room every time with his presence,” according to a GoFundMe account set up to raise money for his medical expenses and legal costs.

“He has a heart of gold and does not deserve to be fighting for his life in the ICU due to being shot in an environment were (sic) kids should feel safe. He is a great brother, boyfriend, and coworker and does not have a bone in his body to bully anyone,” the fundraiser adds. (New York Post)

Teacher Calvin Pettitt, who tried to break up the fight, is also still in the hospital.

What? Where is the famous Texas justice? How could they let a school shooter out on any bail? That's insane.

Comment

My wife's son (I dare not say "stepson" as I want to make it clear there are no connections to me) is one of the biggest losers I have ever seen in my life. My wife requested I make a poster out of his mugshots but I ran out of space and energy keeping up with them. Seriously. I had up to 20 before stopping. And yet he's always back on the street.

The clincher was he stole a car last year, took local police on a high-speed chase, crashed the car, got out on foot which continued the pursuit, and had to be tackled and arrested. I don't know what he was charged with but he was never prosecuted. He was released from jail after six months without any conditions attached; no bail and no future court dates. Even he was confused (which isn't hard to do since he's dumber than a rock). Apparently, all he was told is that it had something to do with covid. I had to chase him off after he showed up on my doorstep looking for free lodging. He has since been arrested again for meth, I believe, and is in jail. No guaranty he'll be there long.

Now, as far as race consideration, this guy is part Filipino but looks Hispanic. I honestly do not believe that plays a part in the constant free passes he gets, but rather the result of an overloaded justice system that is bursting at the seams.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
                            My wife's son (I dare not say "stepson" as I want to make it clear there are no connections to me) is one of the biggest losers I have ever seen in my life. My wife requested I make a poster out of his mugshots but I ran out of space and energy keeping up with them. Seriously. I had up to 20 before stopping. And yet he's always back on the street.

The clincher was he stole a car last year, took local police on a high-speed chase, crashed the car, got out on foot which continued the pursuit, and had to be tackled and arrested. I don't know what he was charged with but he was never prosecuted. He was released from jail after six months without any conditions attached; no bail and no future court dates. Even he was confused (which isn't hard to do since he's dumber than a rock). Apparently, all he was told is that it had something to do with covid. I had to chase him off after he showed up on my doorstep looking for free lodging. He has since been arrested again for meth, I believe, and is in jail. No guaranty he'll be there long.

Now, as far as race consideration, this guy is part Filipino but looks Hispanic. I honestly do not believe that plays a part in the constant free passes he gets, but rather the result of an overloaded justice system that is bursting at the seams.
                            Would you like us to move this to the intended thread?

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Would you like us to move this to the intended thread?
                              No matter. It's just a barely-relevant anecdote.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

No matter. It's just a barely-relevant anecdote.
                                "Then why bring an unverifiable anecdote into this thread?"

Oops. Sorry. I was 'channeling' a certain someone.

Comment