Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Am I missing something?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
    The reference being to the various lunatic fringe theories concerning the alleged discoveries of the Americas as continents and as to who initially populated those continents.
    And?

You implied that Americans are easy prey for crackpot archaeological ideas when in fact it is nothing unique to any area. I corrected that misconception.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Because it was an interesting as well as pertinent addition to the discussion.

And if you are so concerned about the details I suggest you obtain access to LN.
      Why can't you? You could then verify your comment.

"It ain't necessarily so
      The things that you're liable
      To read in the Bible
      It ain't necessarily so
      ."

Sportin' Life
      Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

At this point, nobody should doubt Hypatia_Alexandria's compulsion for sowing discord. This thread is a perfect example. In this thread, virtually all posters were agreeing with her and interacting amicably. Suddenly, she starts arguing with people over what she has deemed "irrelevant anecdotes".

Comment

And?

You implied that Americans are easy prey for crackpot archaeological ideas when in fact it is nothing unique to any area.
          Kindly demonstrate where you consider this sentence "Oh I think the Americas have come in for all sorts of crackpot theories, particularly with regard to the peopling of those continents" indicates that I am referring to "Americans" .
          "It ain't necessarily so
          To read in the Bible
          It ain't necessarily so
          ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Kindly demonstrate where you consider this sentence "Oh I think the Americas have come in for all sorts of crackpot theories, particularly with regard to the peopling of those continents" indicates that I am referring to "Americans" .
            @Rogue dont feed the

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

@Rogue dont feed the
              rogue06 has made an allegation. I therefore expect him to offer some supporting evidence for that allegation.

"It ain't necessarily so
              To read in the Bible
              It ain't necessarily so
              ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

rogue06 has made an allegation. I therefore expect him to offer some supporting evidence for that allegation.
                Why? You yourself said it is irrelevant. Why have you suddenly decided to turn an amicable thread where everyone was agreeing into a derail about a specific anecdote? Why do you suddenly want to die on this hill?

Comment

The fourth word in the sentence (which I bolded and underlined for you) says it all dimwit.

Now, pretend you were talking about the land itself having crackpot theories,

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

The fourth word in the sentence (which I bolded and underlined for you) says it all dimwit.

The Americas = the continents. Not the "Americans"
                    "It ain't necessarily so
                    To read in the Bible
                    It ain't necessarily so
                    ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

The Americas = the continents. Not the "Americans"
                      So continents have crackpot theories?

Comment

It is remarkable that the specific aspect of your anecdote regarding "when I did some research" and which is germane to this particular exchange cannot be recalled but everything else pertaining to that anecdote can be.
                        Wow it's almost as if that's how memories work.

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

Why? You yourself said it is irrelevant. Why have you suddenly decided to turn an amicable thread where everyone was agreeing into a derail about a specific anecdote? Why do you suddenly want to die on this hill?
                          It seems so. Wasn't getting enough trolling in it seems.

Comment

Then why bring an unverifiable anecdote into this thread?
                            WHy not? What crawled up your rectal orifice and decided to turn a thread with near universal agreement into crapping over someone's comment in order to start an argument?

Comment

Her "prose" just isn't up to snuff. Understandable for someone who struggles with english as a second language.

Comment

That was the fifth word...

Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                                MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment