Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

FBI raids NYPD union office; boss's house

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FBI raids NYPD union office; boss's house

https://www.npr.org/2021/10/05/10435...ion-ed-mullins

Not sure what this is all about or what the politics involved are but this could be interesting to keep an eye on.
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

One thing is clear about Mullins: he not only was not part of the covid cult, but he was against jab mandates and also notorious for criticizing De Blasio.

Comment

His immediate resignation after the raids is curious.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
        One thing is clear about Mullins: he not only was not part of the covid cult,
        He became antivax to be popular with Trump and Q cultish demographic, both of which have 90% ven diagram overlap.

but he was against jab mandates and also notorious for criticizing De Blasio.
        He’s not being investigated for having antivax beliefs and criticizing DeBlasio.

Comment

Originally posted by whag View Post

He became antivax to be popular with Trump and Q cultish demographic, both of which have 90% ven diagram overlap.

He’s not being investigated for having antivax beliefs and criticizing DeBlasio.
          Being anti-vax mandate is not the same as being anti-vax. I know covid cultists like you don't like that distinction and want to label it that way, but that's simply not the true.

Comment

Being anti-vax mandate is not the same as being anti-vax. I know covid cultists like you don't like that distinction and want to label it that way, but that's simply not the true.
            Trump and Q Anon cultists like yourself tend to oppose mandates because of paranoid suspicion the vaccine is poison. Witness the boos Trump and Graham received for merely suggesting to get vaccinated. This goes deeper than merely being afraid of mandates as a form of social control, which Jim Bakker has been warning them about.

Unfortunately, our parents and grandparents have been deeply affected by disinformation peddled in conservative media as well as social media, hence their total confusion about whether to worship Trump or be suspicious of the “Trump” vaccine. It’s a textbook case of cognitive dissonance.

Comment

Trump and Q Anon cultists like yourself tend to oppose mandates because of paranoid suspicion the vaccine is poison. Witness the boos Trump and Graham received for merely suggesting to get vaccinated. This goes deeper than merely being afraid of mandates as a form of social control, which Jim Bakker has been warning them about.

Unfortunately, our parents and grandparents have been deeply affected by disinformation peddled in conservative media as well as social media, hence their total confusion about whether to worship Trump or be suspicious of the “Trump” vaccine. It’s a textbook case of cognitive dissonance.
              You're wrong. I don't follow Q. But you're a classic example of not just a covid cultist, but a guy with Trump derangement. A "Trump cultist" is a guy who brings up his name in a thread that has nothing to do with the OP and that no one else even mentioned.

Comment

You're wrong. I don't follow Q. But you're a classic example of not just a covid cultist, but a guy with Trump derangement. A "Trump cultist" is a guy who brings up his name in a thread that has nothing to do with the OP and that no one else even mentioned.
                You introduced invective by calling me a cultist, so of course I’d label you the inverse. You have just as much evidence that I’m a cult member as I have of your Trump and Q worship.

Comment

You introduced invective by calling me a cultist, so of course I’d label you the inverse. You have just as much evidence that I’m a cult member as I have of your Trump and Q worship.
                  Mullins claims that he got the covid jab, so someone that is that irrational to accuse him of being "antivax" because he's against the mandates has to be a covid cultist. My charge was at least accurate.

Comment

Mullins claims that he got the covid jab, so someone that is that irrational to accuse him of being "antivax" because he's against the mandates has to be a covid cultist. My charge was at least accurate.
                    Well, apparently I was wrong. I had mistaken Mullins for someone else who claims he got vaccinated. But Mullins has stated he's "pro-vax," just that he's against the mandates.

Comment

I voted for Trump, and I am a conservative and I am anti-vaccine-mandate but very pro vaccine. I have even had my third shot already and encourage everyone to get their vaccine. I think vaccine mandates just reinforce the conspiracist's beliefs that the vaccine is dangerous and the government is evil and trying to force them to get it because of whatever conspiracy they believe (chips, mind control, trying to kill people, etc)

If the vaccines work then there is no real need for mandates as everyone who wants to be protected can be. They are getting ready to release the vaccine for ages 5 and up. If the vaccines don't work, then there is no need for a vaccine mandate because it won't help.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

I voted for Trump, and I am a conservative and I am anti-vaccine-mandate but very pro vaccine. I have even had my third shot already and encourage everyone to get their vaccine. I think vaccine mandates just reinforce the conspiracist's beliefs that the vaccine is dangerous and the government is evil and trying to force them to get it because of whatever conspiracy they believe (chips, mind control, trying to kill people, etc)

If the vaccines work then there is no real need for mandates as everyone who wants to be protected can be. They are getting ready to release the vaccine for ages 5 and up. If the vaccines don't work, then there is no need for a vaccine mandate because it won't help.
                        The mandate has served to confirm the suspicions (whatever they might be) that there is something seriously wrong with the vaxx and just hardened their opposition.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            The mandate has served to confirm the suspicions (whatever they might be) that there is something seriously wrong with the vaxx and just hardened their opposition.

If the speed limit is effective, don’t enforce it. Speed limit enforcement proves the speed limit is a nefarious plot to tenderize me for the FEMA concentration camps.

If evolution is true, don’t force it down my kid’s throat. Forcing my kid to learn about biology is a nefarious plot to brainwash kids into atheism.

Those vax suspicions range from vaccines contain octopus-like creatures to vaccine is the mark of the beast. That you coddle these morons with understanding despite their paranoid beliefs also isn’t helping.

Comment

If the speed limit is effective, don’t enforce it. Speed limit enforcement proves the speed limit is a nefarious plot to tenderize me for the FEMA concentration camps.

If evolution is true, don’t force it down my kid’s throat. Forcing my kid to learn about biology is a nefarious plot to brainwash kids into atheism.

Those vax suspicions range from vaccines contain octopus-like creatures to vaccine is the mark of the beast. That you coddle these morons with understanding despite their paranoid beliefs also isn’t helping.
                              If you want those people to actually take the vaccine, Biden should restrict the vaccine, making it hard to get - oh and charge them $100 per shot. Then they would complain about how the government is trying to kill them by keeping the vaccine from them and they would want it.

Comment