Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Thank You Leftists, For Making Gun...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Live by the sword, die by the sword....

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    You have a gift for saying the stupidest things.
    And speaking of stupid things...

Everybody else here gets it - we'll just allow you to wallow in our dogged ignorance.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

It's not just the numbers - it's the extent to which it was planned and implemented, and the scope of the carnage - there are some things that stand out as so blatantly evil they simply can't be compared with other events.
      Yup.

For the most part I'm not in favor of capital punishment. Primarily because I see it given to people who really didn't warrant it. What I mean is that I believe it should be reserved for those who are truly the worst of the worst. Not every murderer 'deserves' it. Even those who committed a cold blooded execution style murder. I want the death penalty reserved for serial killers and those who torture and/or rape their victims. In the case of the execution-style killer a case could be made that he wanted to do it as mercifully as possible. Not so with the sort of animals I want the death penalty reserved for.

Similar to their being degrees here when we're talking about murder, there are degrees of atrocities - and the Holocaust is considered the benchmark for the worst sort.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        Yup.

For the most part I'm not in favor of capital punishment. Primarily because I see it given to people who really didn't warrant it. What I mean is that I believe it should be reserved for those who are truly the worst of the worst. Not every murderer 'deserves' it. Even those who committed a cold blooded execution style murder. I want the death penalty reserved for serial killers and those who torture and/or rape their victims. In the case of the execution-style killer a case could be made that he wanted to do it as mercifully as possible. Not so with the sort of animals I want the death penalty reserved for.
        Especially where a child (or children) is/are the victim(s).

Similar to their being degrees here when we're talking about murder, there are degrees of atrocities - and the Holocaust is considered the benchmark for the worst sort.
        It's like comparing the attack of 9/11 with a gang shooting in Chicago.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
          I have never sought to minimize the horrors of the Holocaust
          Nearly every time it and other Nazi atrocities get brought up you at the very least play "Whataboutism."

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
          and I have reminded one or two here to remember that it was actually closer to eleven million innocents murdered by the Nazis, not only the six million Jews.
          Do you? It seems to be a point you frequently make even after it had been made

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          What von Braun did was inexcusable but he wasn't the one rounding up "undesirables" like Jews and Roma and sending them to be exterminated in concentration camps specifically designed for mass butchery of humans. If you see them as being the same thing, well...

I guess that's part of your desire to continuously minimize Nazi atrocities.

And to be clear by my saying "like Jews and Roma" I'm not limiting it to them either.
          Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
          However, I would like you to tell us all why you consider that My Lai was "not the same as Dachau" and where exactly you see the difference?
          This almost deserves the sarcastic "do you want that listed alphabetically, categorically, chronologically or in order of importance?"

But at risk of being accused of over-simplifying we'll stick with just three: intent, organization, and scope.

Now. Compare them yourself and see if you don't bump into a few significant differences.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Wernher von Braun was a Nazi, held a senior rank in the SS and utilised slave labour. All of which makes me wonder what prompted you to give the "thumbs up" emoticon over my remark that he went to the USA.

Generally many here [rightly] condemn Nazis per se and even imply that I too am one or related to one [as you have just done] , but Wernher doesn't receive that level of outrage or condemnation.

Why is that?
            Look, you could put the man and his fellow Nazi scientists in prison, or they can help us beat the great evil of Communism via the space/rocket race. It is a no brainer IMHO....
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Given the plaintive bleats from CivilDiscourse I would appreciate it if a moderator - given that two have been corresponding in the exchanges on von Braun - could move all posts pertaining to that topic [starting at post #195 by Seer https://theologyweb.com/campus/forum...3#post1315443] to the thread I have opened entitled Atrocities, Nazis, etc.

"It ain't necessarily so
              The things that you're liable
              To read in the Bible
              It ain't necessarily so
              ."

Sportin' Life
              Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

Given the plaintive bleats from CivilDiscourse I would appreciate it if a moderator - given that two have been corresponding in the exchanges on von Braun - could move all posts pertaining to that topic [starting at post #195 by Seer https://theologyweb.com/campus/forum...3#post1315443] to the thread I have opened entitled Atrocities, Nazis, etc.
                I was just calling out your hypocrisy, using your own language on derails. I'm sorry that upset you :)

Comment

• Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

I was just calling out your hypocrisy, using your own language on derails. I'm sorry that upset you :)
                  I agree that the exchanges on von Braun, atrocities, Nazis etc have nothing to do with the topic of this thread. Hence my request to have those exchanges moved to a thread I have opened.

However, you have been "bleating" about it.
                  "It ain't necessarily so
                  To read in the Bible
                  It ain't necessarily so
                  ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

I agree that the exchanges on von Braun, atrocities, Nazis etc have nothing to do with the topic of this thread. Hence my request to have those exchanges moved to a thread I have opened.
                    Apparently, Calling you out upset you, otherwise you wouldn't have used the phrase "Plaintive bleats"

Comment

• Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

Apparently, Calling you out upset you, otherwise you wouldn't have used the phrase "Plaintive bleats"
                      I read them as yet more examples of your regular plaintive bleats.
                      "It ain't necessarily so
                      To read in the Bible
                      It ain't necessarily so
                      ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

I read them as yet more examples of your regular plaintive bleats.
                        Calling out your trolling, hypocrisy, and game playing.

Comment