Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Thank You Leftists, For Making Gun...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

I'm trying to figure out what he could do to make money.
    Selling paintings for $75,000-500,000 each?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Notice also how she deceitful conflates gun deaths with gun violence. She'd include self defense as "gun vuolence", as well as suicides as "gun violence"
      Very similar to news accounts and how after somewhere enacts strict gun control legislation including confiscation (they might take some of your money to "buy" the gun from you), that they'll go on and on about the reduction in gun related violence and deaths hoping nobody asks for a comparison to the total rates. Generally there is little or no change. Folks that wanted to hurt and kill someone simply found another way.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Notice also how she deceitful conflates gun deaths with gun violence. She'd include self defense as "gun vuolence", as well as suicides as "gun violence"
        And conflating gun ownership with violence, while not distinguishing between legal and illegal gun ownership. And lumping defensive gun "violence" with offensive gun violence.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          Selling paintings for $75,000-500,000 each?
          Biden would sign an executive order declaring that market already monopolized.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            Very similar to news accounts and how after somewhere enacts strict gun control legislation including confiscation (they might take some of your money to "buy" the gun from you), that they'll go on and on about the reduction in gun related violence and deaths hoping nobody asks for a comparison to the total rates. Generally there is little or no change. Folks that wanted to hurt and kill someone simply found another way.
            We had "CRASE Training" at our Church last night. (Citizen Response to Active Shooter Events)

The Police Sergeant who presented gave some really great stats on gun violence, and, though he does not claim to be a Christian, stated that the problem is "the hate in his heart, not the gun in his hand".
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

The constitution doesn't specify "firearms" just "arms," which includes all weapons. And also it doesn't give us the right to bear arms, it merely acknowledges that we already have the right to bear arms and that the government cannot infringe upon that right.
              I didn't actually mention firearms but of course "arms" could encompass anything including broad swords long swords, spears, pikes, and I suppose even machetes.
              "It ain't necessarily so
              The things that you're liable
              To read in the Bible
              It ain't necessarily so
              ."

Sportin' Life
              Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

I didn't actually mention firearms but of course "arms" could encompass anything including broad swords long swords, spears, pikes, and I suppose even machetes.
                No you didn't mention "firearms" but you said, "As to your analogy it was somewhat inapt because firstly the right to bear machetes is not written into the constitutional rights of US citizens" which implies you think that the 2nd amendment doesn't cover machetes but only guns, when in fact, it does. It covers all types of weapons.

Comment

No you didn't mention "firearms" but you said, "As to your analogy it was somewhat inapt because firstly the right to bear machetes is not written into the constitutional rights of US citizens" which implies you think that the 2nd amendment doesn't cover machetes but only guns, when in fact, it does. It covers all types of weapons.
                  Careful. When I mentioned an unspoken argument that she was making in another thread, she seemed upset that I would do such a thing.

Comment

As I noted in my previous reply. As to your final sentence I wonder how far "all types of weapons" would be accepted by the US government in today's world of modern military hardware?
                    "It ain't necessarily so
                    To read in the Bible
                    It ain't necessarily so
                    ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

As I noted in my previous reply. As to your final sentence I wonder how far "all types of weapons" would be accepted by the US government in today's world of modern military hardware?
                      We actually have Federal restrictions on automatic weapons like machine guns and bazookas.

Comment

We actually have Federal restrictions on automatic weapons like machine guns and bazookas.
                        But that counters @Sparko's contention that the second amendment covers "all types of weapons"
                        "It ain't necessarily so
                        To read in the Bible
                        It ain't necessarily so
                        ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

But that counters @Sparko's contention that the second amendment covers "all types of weapons"
                          you can own both automatic weapons and even a bazooka, but they are heavily regulated and require extensive background check and a license...but, in the US, it can be done.
                          "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Imagine that - Sparko and I are not clones of one another!

Comment

• Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
                              you can own both automatic weapons and even a bazooka, but they are heavily regulated and require extensive background check and a license...but, in the US, it can be done.
                              Which is why my response was qualified....

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                              Not prohibitions.

Comment

Imagine that - Sparko and I are not clones of one another!
                                It would therefore appear that sparko was wrong and "all types of weapons" are not permitted.
                                "It ain't necessarily so
                                To read in the Bible
                                It ain't necessarily so
                                ."

Sportin' Life

Comment