Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Thank You Leftists, For Making Gun...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

A) That you are quite frequently incredibly imprecise.
    2) That you frequently try to discuss things on which your ignorance is rather profound
    C) That you frequently take very general statements - assume they mean something they do not mean - and go "off to the races" on that wrong assumption.
    My comments were premised on the link you provided.

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    It is not illegal for American citizens to own rocket launchers.

Thank you for that clarification. You must be glad the US got von Braun.
    "It ain't necessarily so
    The things that you're liable
    To read in the Bible
    It ain't necessarily so
    ."

Sportin' Life
    Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

and there was one where they used salami.

For H_A: Bazookas and Rocket Launchers like AT-4s are legal to own, even fully functional ones, but you have to have a specialized license. And there is the problem that nobody will actually sell you a working one. The military is pretty strict on that. So even though it would be legal to own own, that doesn't mean someone has to sell one. Also most rocket launchers are one-use weapons. Once the rocket grenade is launched, the tube (the launcher) is nothing more than a fancy tube and they are indeed legal to own without even a license.
      "Rocket Launcher" could have so many different meanings that there has to be some kind of specification as to what one is discussing.

Meanwhile, we see that massive rocket launchers are legally owned by SpaceX, Orbital Sciences, Blue Origin, Bigelow Aerospace, SpaceDev/Sierra, Virgin Galactic.....
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

and there was one where they used salami.

For H_A: Bazookas and Rocket Launchers like AT-4s are legal to own, even fully functional ones, but you have to have a specialized license. And there is the problem that nobody will actually sell you a working one. The military is pretty strict on that. So even though it would be legal to own own, that doesn't mean someone has to sell one. Also most rocket launchers are one-use weapons. Once the rocket grenade is launched, the tube (the launcher) is nothing more than a fancy tube and they are indeed legal to own without even a license.
        During the gummy bear episode Jamie decided to also test how well poop would work.

The idea is that in space travel every ounce is accounted for and recycling is a priority. They already turn their pee into drinking water. But there's nothing they can do with poop. So he wanted to see if they could turn it into fuel.

It works, but is far from optimal. Still, it's gonna be produced so you are going to have it around so...

Basically, as with gummy bears, you have to dry it out, turn it into powder and create a solid rocket fuel.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

"Rocket Launcher" could have so many different meanings that there has to be some kind of specification as to what one is discussing.
          Which your link did not provide.

The NFA restricted the sales, ownership, use, and transport of short-barreled rifles and shotguns, machine guns, silencers and suppressors and an all-encompassing "destructive device." The latter included such things as modern artillery, rocket launchers, and military explosives.

"It ain't necessarily so
          To read in the Bible
          It ain't necessarily so
          ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
            Which your link did not provide.

The NFA restricted the sales, ownership, use, and transport of short-barreled rifles and shotguns, machine guns, silencers and suppressors and an all-encompassing "destructive device." The latter included such things as modern artillery, rocket launchers, and military explosives.
            Some of us were smart enough to discern it. You would have been better off asking, not assuming.

The key is the lead-in, "destructive device", and the examples that follow would need to be, in fact, "destructive". Not all rocket launchers are.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Some of us were smart enough to discern it. You would have been better off asking, not assuming.
              I must remember to remind you of that next time you make an assumption.

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              The key is the lead-in, "destructive device", and the examples that follow would need to be, in fact, "destructive". Not all rocket launchers are.
              Clearly the confusion arose over the syntax "such things as modern artillery, rocket launchers, and military explosives" suggests all those items are weapons.
              "It ain't necessarily so
              To read in the Bible
              It ain't necessarily so
              ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
                I must remember to remind you of that next time you make an assumption.
                Chances are it will be yet another false allegation on your part - you seem to excel at those.

Clearly the confusion arose over the syntax "such things as modern artillery, rocket launchers, and military explosives" suggests all those items are weapons.
                So, have you learned anything at all? Is it legal for Americans to own rocket launchers?

Comment

Chances are it will be yet another false allegation on your part - you seem to excel at those.

So, have you learned anything at all? Is it legal for Americans to own rocket launchers?
                  "It ain't necessarily so
                  To read in the Bible
                  It ain't necessarily so
                  ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

As a child about the age of the kid standing in this GIF I had a rocket launcher that worked like this