Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Thank You Leftists, For Making Gun...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

    I'm trying to figure out what he could do to make money.
    Selling paintings for $75,000-500,000 each?

    I'm always still in trouble again

    "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

      Notice also how she deceitful conflates gun deaths with gun violence. She'd include self defense as "gun vuolence", as well as suicides as "gun violence"
      Very similar to news accounts and how after somewhere enacts strict gun control legislation including confiscation (they might take some of your money to "buy" the gun from you), that they'll go on and on about the reduction in gun related violence and deaths hoping nobody asks for a comparison to the total rates. Generally there is little or no change. Folks that wanted to hurt and kill someone simply found another way.

      I'm always still in trouble again

      "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

        Notice also how she deceitful conflates gun deaths with gun violence. She'd include self defense as "gun vuolence", as well as suicides as "gun violence"
        And conflating gun ownership with violence, while not distinguishing between legal and illegal gun ownership. And lumping defensive gun "violence" with offensive gun violence.


        Comment


        • Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          Selling paintings for $75,000-500,000 each?
          Biden would sign an executive order declaring that market already monopolized.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            Very similar to news accounts and how after somewhere enacts strict gun control legislation including confiscation (they might take some of your money to "buy" the gun from you), that they'll go on and on about the reduction in gun related violence and deaths hoping nobody asks for a comparison to the total rates. Generally there is little or no change. Folks that wanted to hurt and kill someone simply found another way.
            We had "CRASE Training" at our Church last night. (Citizen Response to Active Shooter Events)

            The Police Sergeant who presented gave some really great stats on gun violence, and, though he does not claim to be a Christian, stated that the problem is "the hate in his heart, not the gun in his hand".
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Sparko View Post

              The constitution doesn't specify "firearms" just "arms," which includes all weapons. And also it doesn't give us the right to bear arms, it merely acknowledges that we already have the right to bear arms and that the government cannot infringe upon that right.
              I didn't actually mention firearms but of course "arms" could encompass anything including broad swords long swords, spears, pikes, and I suppose even machetes.
              "It ain't necessarily so
              The things that you're liable
              To read in the Bible
              It ain't necessarily so
              ."

              Sportin' Life
              Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

                I didn't actually mention firearms but of course "arms" could encompass anything including broad swords long swords, spears, pikes, and I suppose even machetes.
                No you didn't mention "firearms" but you said, "As to your analogy it was somewhat inapt because firstly the right to bear machetes is not written into the constitutional rights of US citizens" which implies you think that the 2nd amendment doesn't cover machetes but only guns, when in fact, it does. It covers all types of weapons.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Sparko View Post

                  No you didn't mention "firearms" but you said, "As to your analogy it was somewhat inapt because firstly the right to bear machetes is not written into the constitutional rights of US citizens" which implies you think that the 2nd amendment doesn't cover machetes but only guns, when in fact, it does. It covers all types of weapons.
                  Careful. When I mentioned an unspoken argument that she was making in another thread, she seemed upset that I would do such a thing.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Sparko View Post

                    No you didn't mention "firearms" but you said, "As to your analogy it was somewhat inapt because firstly the right to bear machetes is not written into the constitutional rights of US citizens" which implies you think that the 2nd amendment doesn't cover machetes but only guns, when in fact, it does. It covers all types of weapons.
                    As I noted in my previous reply. As to your final sentence I wonder how far "all types of weapons" would be accepted by the US government in today's world of modern military hardware?
                    "It ain't necessarily so
                    The things that you're liable
                    To read in the Bible
                    It ain't necessarily so
                    ."

                    Sportin' Life
                    Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
                      As I noted in my previous reply. As to your final sentence I wonder how far "all types of weapons" would be accepted by the US government in today's world of modern military hardware?
                      We actually have Federal restrictions on automatic weapons like machine guns and bazookas.
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

                        We actually have Federal restrictions on automatic weapons like machine guns and bazookas.
                        But that counters @Sparko's contention that the second amendment covers "all types of weapons"
                        "It ain't necessarily so
                        The things that you're liable
                        To read in the Bible
                        It ain't necessarily so
                        ."

                        Sportin' Life
                        Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

                          But that counters @Sparko's contention that the second amendment covers "all types of weapons"
                          you can own both automatic weapons and even a bazooka, but they are heavily regulated and require extensive background check and a license...but, in the US, it can be done.
                          "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

                          "... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

                            But that counters @Sparko's contention that the second amendment covers "all types of weapons"
                            Imagine that - Sparko and I are not clones of one another!
                            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
                              you can own both automatic weapons and even a bazooka, but they are heavily regulated and require extensive background check and a license...but, in the US, it can be done.
                              Which is why my response was qualified....

                              Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                              We actually have Federal restrictions on automatic weapons like machine guns and bazookas.
                              Not prohibitions.



                              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

                                Imagine that - Sparko and I are not clones of one another!
                                It would therefore appear that sparko was wrong and "all types of weapons" are not permitted.
                                "It ain't necessarily so
                                The things that you're liable
                                To read in the Bible
                                It ain't necessarily so
                                ."

                                Sportin' Life
                                Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

                                Comment

                                Related Threads

                                Collapse

                                Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by Cow Poke, Today, 07:29 AM
                                5 responses
                                18 views
                                1 like
                                Last Post rogue06
                                by rogue06
                                 
                                Started by firstfloor, Today, 03:49 AM
                                29 responses
                                103 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Gondwanaland  
                                Started by Thoughtful Monk, Yesterday, 01:18 PM
                                3 responses
                                26 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Thoughtful Monk  
                                Started by rogue06, Yesterday, 10:44 AM
                                2 responses
                                49 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Sparko
                                by Sparko
                                 
                                Started by NorrinRadd, Yesterday, 01:15 AM
                                13 responses
                                106 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NorrinRadd  
                                Working...
                                X