Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Chicago Refuses to Indict Gang Members - "Mutual Combat"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chicago Refuses to Indict Gang Members - "Mutual Combat"

Chicago shooting: Lightfoot, prosecutor Foxx exchange war of words over no charges filed in gang gunfight

To her credit, Mayor Lightfoot is fighting hard against this nonsense....

chicago-mayor-lori-lightfoot-cook-county-states-attorney-kim-foxx-split.jpg

Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot is lashing out at Cook County State's Attorney Kim Foxx for citing "mutual combatants" in her decision not to press charges against those arrested in a deadly daylight neighborhood shootout caught on camera last week between rival gang members.

"She's got to explain to the public, why? Given that evidence, a pod camera right there that captured the entire thing and police officers on the scene in uniform, and a squad car there, why that isn't enough?" Lightfoot said at a press conference Monday. "If the bad guys that are out there that are picking up guns and shooting without any regard for the sanctity of life, do not believe that there's accountability for them, the brazenness will not end. It will escalate, it will continue and our communities will not be safe."

One person was killed and five others were taken into custody and later released in connection to the shootout that happened in the Austin neighborhood Friday on the city’s West Side. Three gang members began shooting into a single-family home in broad daylight in an effort to draw out members of an opposing gang faction. Three individuals inside returned fire, killing one of the offenders outside.

More than 70 rounds of shells were recovered from the shooting captured by a city camera, and a set of uniformed officers in a marked squad car were also on the scene within a short period of time and witnessed the activity, Lightfoot, as well as five alderman, in a letter obtained by Fox 32, implored Foxx to reconsider felony charges, like attempted murder, at least against the two surviving initial aggressors.

Those inside the house refused to come out and a SWAT team was called, giving the three time to get rid of all their guns and clean up any remaining evidence, the letter says. Several gun cases, but no weapons, were found, a fact the mayor and alderman say alone warrants further investigation.

"Having looked at this, gotten a deep understanding from the detectives that were doing the investigation, it’s really hard to understand that decision," Lightfoot continued at her press conference Monday. "It’s complicated, for sure. But we really urge the State’s Attorney herself to get personally involved, look at the evidence, and I believe that there are charges that can be brought at a minimum against the individuals who initiated the gunfire."

Attached Files
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

She really does seem like a shady prosecutor. I hope she gets voted out, impeached, or otherwise removed from office.

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post
      She really does seem like a shady prosecutor. I hope she gets voted out, impeached, or otherwise removed from office.
      That's what's been happening - the leftist nutters are managing to get themselves elected or appointed as prosecutors so they can do "social justice".
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        Chicago shooting: Lightfoot, prosecutor Foxx exchange war of words over no charges filed in gang gunfight

Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot is lashing out at Cook County State's Attorney Kim Foxx for citing "mutual combatants" in her decision not to press charges against those arrested in a deadly daylight neighborhood shootout caught on camera last week between rival gang members.

"She's got to explain to the public, why? Given that evidence, a pod camera right there that captured the entire thing and police officers on the scene in uniform, and a squad car there, why that isn't enough?" Lightfoot said at a press conference Monday. "If the bad guys that are out there that are picking up guns and shooting without any regard for the sanctity of life, do not believe that there's accountability for them, the brazenness will not end. It will escalate, it will continue and our communities will not be safe."

One person was killed and five others were taken into custody and later released in connection to the shootout that happened in the Austin neighborhood Friday on the city’s West Side. Three gang members began shooting into a single-family home in broad daylight in an effort to draw out members of an opposing gang faction. Three individuals inside returned fire, killing one of the offenders outside.

More than 70 rounds of shells were recovered from the shooting captured by a city camera, and a set of uniformed officers in a marked squad car were also on the scene within a short period of time and witnessed the activity, Lightfoot, as well as five alderman, in a letter obtained by Fox 32, implored Foxx to reconsider felony charges, like attempted murder, at least against the two surviving initial aggressors.

Those inside the house refused to come out and a SWAT team was called, giving the three time to get rid of all their guns and clean up any remaining evidence, the letter says. Several gun cases, but no weapons, were found, a fact the mayor and alderman say alone warrants further investigation.

"Having looked at this, gotten a deep understanding from the detectives that were doing the investigation, it’s really hard to understand that decision," Lightfoot continued at her press conference Monday. "It’s complicated, for sure. But we really urge the State’s Attorney herself to get personally involved, look at the evidence, and I believe that there are charges that can be brought at a minimum against the individuals who initiated the gunfire."
        Isn't she the one who refused to prosecute ole Jussie?

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Hmmmmm... maybe so. Can't remember.

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Yes. The IG found "substantial abuses of discretion", potential ethics violations, but not enough evidence to support criminal charges against her or her staff.

Comment

Yes. The IG found "substantial abuses of discretion", potential ethics violations, but not enough evidence to support criminal charges against her or her staff.
              Well, she's workin' on it!

Comment

Soooooo... it appears that you won't be prosecuted for being engaged in a shoot out as long as the other person is a willing participant. Which network is gonna one-up Jerry Springer and go for shoot outs between imbeciles?

Bread and circuses folks.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

That's what's been happening - the leftist nutters are managing to get themselves elected or appointed as prosecutors so they can do "social justice".
                  Soros backed foundations have been funding the campaigns of folks like this for a few years now. When it started nobody understood what the point is. I doubt they're asking that question today.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    Soooooo... it appears that you won't be prosecuted for being engaged in a shoot out as long as the other person is a willing participant. Which network is gonna one-up Jerry Springer and go for shoot outs between imbeciles?

Bread and circuses folks.
                    And the innocent people who get caught in the crossfire -- ALREADY we see CHILDREN getting caught in the crossfire with these gang wars.

Will they have "shootouts at high noon" in the streets?

Comment

... the shootout that happened in the Austin neighborhood ...

1. Austin
                      2. South State Street
                      3. Humboldt Park

The three most dangerous neighborhoods in Chicago when I lived there, ranked.

I actually lived just inside the border of Humboldt Park for a number of years, gentrifying, with the sound of nightly gunfire coming from the corner as soon as it was warm out again after the winter snow melted. I was in the South State Street neighborhood doing a couple rehab carpentry jobs with my buddy Pat, but you had to watch your tools at all times or your sawzall would go trailing off the site following its extension cord.

But Austin. Dayum.

After I defended, I played tourist checking out neighborhoods I wouldn't normally visit, and spent a day subbing in Austin High School.

First thing after I reported, they sent me as a sub to man the metal detectors, which was kinda useful because it gave me some chance to catch the faces of kids likely better armed than me as they ran through the front doors. Passing the back doors, there was a constant alarm as drug runners ran through answering their pages. And walking down the main hallway upstairs near the library to my first class, I had one of the most quintessential inner city high school experiences I've never read about.

With the period bell ringing, I told a young man standing and talking he needed to clear the hallway and get to class.

He looked down at me, way down, even though I'm over 6 foot, before drawling in a deep, unmistakably 'bama accent, "Y'all doan buhlong heeah." I walked away, realizing he was right, headed back down the stairs and out of the building, toward home.

They never noticed. I got paid just the same.

Comment

I think she's earning street cred with the democratic party. Maybe she can run for president someday or be nominated VP.

Comment

Like I always said - leftism will kill you... Leave murderous gang member on the street...
                          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

It's not so hard to understand the decision, Foxx is on the take, in the pocket of organized crime, and a criminal herself. This is Chicago.

Comment