Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Duffernomics --- Trillion Dollar Spending Costs ZERO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duffernomics --- Trillion Dollar Spending Costs ZERO

Now he's on TV claiming that the Debt Ceiling is not about what we spend today, but what we owe from the past.

The Debt Ceiling must be raised to keep the "full faith and credit" of the United States.

He's taking questions, and looking really confused.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

It's all Mitch's fault for refusing to raise the debt ceiling.

Biden claims HE wrote both infrastructure and "build it better" bills, and this wasn't Bernie or AOC -- that HE wrote those bills.

It's all the Evil Republicans' fault.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      It's all Mitch's fault for refusing to raise the debt ceiling.

Biden claims HE wrote both infrastructure and "build it better" bills, and this wasn't Bernie or AOC -- that HE wrote those bills.

It's all the Evil Republicans' fault.
      A man who gets confused while merely signing his name is claiming he wrote these multi-thousand page bills.

Old Joe is trying to make a stuffed bird laugh.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Joe Biden, "The Buck Stops [anywhere but] Here!"

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          A man who gets confused while merely signing his name is claiming he wrote these multi-thousand page bills.

Old Joe is trying to make a stuffed bird laugh.
          And he was kinda whispering like he was in a Clint Eastwood movie.

I'm still trying to figure out --- raising the debt ceiling is about OLD debt, not what we're trying to do....

can't wait to find a transcript.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            Joe Biden, "The Buck Stops [anywhere but] Here!"
            Joe Biden: The Buck Sto... Oh, did someone just say ice cream?

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I told you guys a while back. Biden has gone to the same economics class as Trudeau.

You know, "The Budget Will Balance Itself School of Twits".

That one.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                I told you guys a while back. Biden has gone to the same economics class as Trudeau.

That one.
                Then he pretty much called the American Public stupid as he started to talk about reconciliation, then decided that was too complicated for us to understand.

Comment

OK, so for the first 45 minutes on the White House Live video, you see this....

begin shortly.png

Then, 45 minutes in, you see his very first comments being about the debt ceiling NOT being about what we will spend, but about PAST debt.... paying what we ALREADY OWE -- nothing new.

Comment

Basically not raising the debt ceiling stops us from borrowing more money to pay the bills we already have. It doesn't make those obligations go away. It just means we can't pay them.

In any sane world if a person owes money on a a loan or credit card, he would be an idiot to keep taking out more loans and credit cards to pay off the older ones. And he would quickly dig his hole so deep he would go bankrupt or end up in prison for some ponzi scheme.

Yet with our government, that is not only the preferred way to handle debt, they actually try to pretend there is nothing wrong with it.

Comment

so, in the Q&A, the Old Duffer claimed....

BREAKING: Biden downplays harassment of Joe Manchin, Kyrsten Sinema, calls it 'part of the process'

He couldn't denounce it - he just brushed it off as "part of the process".

He was asked by Fox News' Peter Doocy about the harassment Senator Sinema faced in the bathroom of Arizona State University, where she was speaking over the weekend.

"Mr President, Mr. President, I've been talking about how you have 48 Democratic votes right now, the other two have been pressured over the weekend by activists. Joe Manchin had people on kayaks, show up to his boat. Senator Sinema last night was chased into a restroom. Do you think that those tactics are crossing a line?" Doocy asked.

"I don't think they're appropriate tactics but it happens to everybody," Biden said. "The only people it doesn't happen to are people who have Secret Service standing around with them. So, it's part of the process."

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                        Basically not raising the debt ceiling stops us from borrowing more money to pay the bills we already have. It doesn't make those obligations go away. It just means we can't pay them.

In any sane world if a person owes money on a a loan or credit card, he would be an idiot to keep taking out more loans and credit cards to pay off the older ones. And he would quickly dig his hole so deep he would go bankrupt or end up in prison for some ponzi scheme.

Yet with our government, that is not only the preferred way to handle debt, they actually try to pretend there is nothing wrong with it.
                        And we're NOT adding "new debt", cause all this massive TrillionDollarSpendingSpree is "paid for".

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

That one.
                          In theory it can be achieved via growth of the economy. But that also means no increases in spending in the meantime.

Comment

And we're NOT adding "new debt", cause all this massive TrillionDollarSpendingSpree is "paid for".
                            So why doesn't he use that $3.5 Trillion he has in his pockets to pay down the debt we already have instead of raising the debt ceiling? Also what happened to all that money they aren't spending in Afghanistan now? Shouldn't they be using that to pay off the debt? If they paid off what they owe they wouldn't need to borrow more.

Maybe we should pitch in and buy Biden one of Dave Ramsey's courses in getting out of debt.

Comment

so, in the Q&A, the Old Duffer claimed....

BREAKING: Biden downplays harassment of Joe Manchin, Kyrsten Sinema, calls it 'part of the process'

He couldn't denounce it - he just brushed it off as "part of the process".

He was asked by Fox News' Peter Doocy about the harassment Senator Sinema faced in the bathroom of Arizona State University, where she was speaking over the weekend.

"Mr President, Mr. President, I've been talking about how you have 48 Democratic votes right now, the other two have been pressured over the weekend by activists. Joe Manchin had people on kayaks, show up to his boat. Senator Sinema last night was chased into a restroom. Do you think that those tactics are crossing a line?" Doocy asked.

"I don't think they're appropriate tactics but it happens to everybody," Biden said. "The only people it doesn't happen to are people who have Secret Service standing around with them. So, it's part of the process."

Looks like old Joe just gave the green light for them to be treated as Republicans.

I wonder how he would react if someone told him that January 6th was "part of the process" and the drama queens in Congress just need to suck it up.

Comment