Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Twenty percent of border crossers tested positive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twenty percent of border crossers tested positive

Note - this is 20% of those who were actually tested...
    And Mayokas seems to be one of the DUMBEST "officials" in the Biden "team". He's like a BUFFOON!

Twenty percent of border crossers tested positive amid delta variant surge, 'surprised' Mayorkas says

The top border official in the Biden administration admitted to being caught off guard recently by the spike in delta variant coronavirus cases among migrants at the border.

"What I didn't expect was the tragic rise of the delta variant," Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas said during a Monday speech at the Migration Policy Institute's annual immigration law and policy conference in Washington. "I did not expect to be in late September where we are."

Mayorkas, who has for months refused to speak on the risk that infected migrants who are released into the United States pose to border communities, said upwards of 20% of that population are sick with the highly contagious disease.

"We are confronted with a population of people that, as a general matter, that have a rate of illness of approximately 20%," said Mayorkas, who has been in his position since January. "When one is speaking of 7,000 or 7,500 people encountered at the border every day, if one takes a look at that the system, it is not built for that in a COVID environment where isolation is required."

In August, more than 200,000 people were encountered attempting to enter the U.S. illegally from Mexico, among the highest rates in two decades. The Biden administration has not specifically disclosed how many people every month are being released into the U.S.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Hospitals and people need to sue Myorkas and the government for endangering them and causing a spike in infections, filling up hospitals, as the illegals spread the disease among citizens.

This was easily foreseen.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      Hospitals and people need to sue Myorkas and the government for endangering them and causing a spike in infections, filling up hospitals, as the illegals spread the disease among citizens.

This guy is an idiot! Our Border cops hate it when he's around.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        Note - this is 20% of those who were actually tested...
        And Mayokas seems to be one of the DUMBEST "officials" in the Biden "team". He's like a BUFFOON!

Twenty percent of border crossers tested positive amid delta variant surge, 'surprised' Mayorkas says

The top border official in the Biden administration admitted to being caught off guard recently by the spike in delta variant coronavirus cases among migrants at the border.

"What I didn't expect was the tragic rise of the delta variant," Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas said during a Monday speech at the Migration Policy Institute's annual immigration law and policy conference in Washington. "I did not expect to be in late September where we are."

Mayorkas, who has for months refused to speak on the risk that infected migrants who are released into the United States pose to border communities, said upwards of 20% of that population are sick with the highly contagious disease.

"We are confronted with a population of people that, as a general matter, that have a rate of illness of approximately 20%," said Mayorkas, who has been in his position since January. "When one is speaking of 7,000 or 7,500 people encountered at the border every day, if one takes a look at that the system, it is not built for that in a COVID environment where isolation is required."

In August, more than 200,000 people were encountered attempting to enter the U.S. illegally from Mexico, among the highest rates in two decades. The Biden administration has not specifically disclosed how many people every month are being released into the U.S.
        Awhile back I posted that 6% were testing positive but those were ones who were either feeling sick or looked sick which could make it skewed toward the high side. I wonder how they arrived at the 20% rate.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

As I've previously observed, there is nothing set up at any border location to even offer vaccines to any of those crossing. That is inexplicable.

But then you have Psaki's straw-brained remark that they don't need vaccines because they're not planning on staying, so maybe they really are as stupid as it looks.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            Awhile back I posted that 6% were testing positive but those were ones who were either feeling sick or looked sick which could make it skewed toward the high side. I wonder how they arrived at the 20% rate.
            Yeah, and was that a sampling? They only tested the ones they're actually 'processing', but maybe not the ones who are just flooding into the country?

Comment

As I've previously observed, there is nothing set up at any border location to even offer vaccines to any of those crossing. That is inexplicable.

But then you have Psaki's straw-brained remark that they don't need vaccines because they're not planning on staying, so maybe they really are as stupid as it looks.
              I'm really surprised that SOMEBODY didn't come back with "how do you know that"? I mean, it was such a buttdumb statement to make.

Comment

And a whole new bunch of Haitians are coming to the border now. Thousands of them.

Comment

And a whole new bunch of Haitians are coming to the border now. Thousands of them.
                  I believe Panama is warning of a +10,000 person caravan getting ready to set out.

Comment

I believe Panama is warning of a +10,000 person caravan getting ready to set out.
                    I thought I saw 60,000 as a number from one of the....

Panama’s foreign minister warned Wednesday that up to 60,000 migrants, many of them of Haitian origin, are making their way through the Central American country toward the US-Mexico border — threatening the Biden administration with a fresh illegal immigration crisis.

And I love how they call them "border crossers".

Comment

Panama’s foreign minister warned Wednesday that up to 60,000 migrants, many of them of Haitian origin, are making their way through the Central American country toward the US-Mexico border — threatening the Biden administration with a fresh illegal immigration crisis.

so that would be 12,000 covid positive. at least.

Comment

so that would be 12,000 covid positive. at least.
                        IF they test every one of them. And if they congregate under (and beside) the bridge again, they're sharing it with everybody in that 'camp'.

Comment

Lord have mercy.
                          I am become death...

Comment

Panama Foreign Minister Erika Mouynes says it has been 85,000 since that Haitian caravan that overwhelmed the border.

But Kamala told them not to come - now

Comment