Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

YouTube's version of "free speech"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YouTube's version of "free speech"

Earlier this week YouTube CEO Susan Wojcicki made a big deal about reconfirming the company's commitment to free speech, declaring it is part of YouTube's "core values." At the same time YouTube bowed to demands from Vladimir Putin to ban videos by a political opponent Russian activist Alexey Navalny.

And I mean at the same time.

Wojcicki literally made the remarks about free speech being a "core value" while she was defending YouTube's decision to acquiesce to Putin's demands to censor a political opponent.

A few days later YouTube has announced that they will be banning prominent anti-vaccine activists and blocking all anti-vaccine content.

It is pretty obvious that Wojcicki hasn't the first clue what free speech means.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

I'd be happy if Youtube went to an all-music format, without any politics at all. That's all I use it for.

Bit Chute is my go-to for politics these days (when I'm in the mood for it). It's anarchy over there.

Comment

To a liberal, "free speech" is defined as "Whatever we permit you to say."
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        To a liberal, "free speech" is defined as "Whatever we permit you to say."
        It's more gaslighting.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment