Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Biden's Claim that Trump Left No Exit Plan -- LIE?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General Milley admitted this was a strategic failure of the US, but is really reluctant to blame it on Biden.

Remember, however, Biden boasts "the buck stops here" (as he blames everybody but himself).
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Wow, Richard Blumenthal (D-CT) is laying out a damning case for total confusion resulting from the way the withdrawal was done -- that he can't get straight answers, he can't figure out which government agency is in charge, he keeps getting pointed by the military to state department to homeland security to national security council.....

He seems to be overlooking the fact that this is Biden's circus, but he's sure laying out a case for "this is a royal screwup".
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I liked the part where the generals were asked if Biden was lying about what he said they advised him to do. They were squirming in their seats.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          I liked the part where the generals were asked if Biden was lying about what he said they advised him to do. They were squirming in their seats.
          Yes, their body language was saying "are you KIDDING!?!?!! He's the biggest liar of...", but they're trying to be good loyal soldiers.

Comment

Wow, talk about lying --- Full Blooded Indian Elizabeth Warren is couching her "questions" with all kinds of lies about Trump.

Is anybody surprised?

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Wow, talk about lying --- Full Blooded Indian Elizabeth Warren is couching her "questions" with all kinds of lies about Trump.

Is anybody surprised?
              Yeah listening to the democrats "question" them is hilarious. They are basically using their time to pander and pat Biden on the back and feed excuses to the generals.

Comment

Yeah listening to the democrats "question" them is hilarious. They are basically using their time to pander and pat Biden on the back and feed excuses to the generals.
                And I love the current discussion --- did ANYBODY resign, or is ANYBODY getting fired over this disaster? SecDef promises that they will continue to study the situation and IF they see....

in other words, no heads will roll.

Again, a soldier who loses his rifle gets far greater punishment than a General who loses a war.

Comment

Wow, General McKenzie is defending the abandonment of Bagram Air Base because "there is no way we could hold that given the number of troops left in the country".

It seems they're approaching this backwards --- Bagram could have actually been quite useful if they hadn't rushed to get so many troops out so quickly.

Comment

Wow, Marsha Blackburn (R-TN) is really grilling Milley about his "leaking" of private conversations with Trump with the media, but absolutely refusing to recount conversations he's had with Biden to the committee that has legitimate oversight.

And Blackburn has confirmed that there are military operators still in Afghan (though not officially in the chain of command) who are furious with the top command over leaving their translators, friends, and Afghan loyalists behind.

She was STEAMED.

Comment

Peppermint Patty is doing her best to try to reconcile the testimony given today with Lyin' Biden's blatant dishonesty....

President Joe Biden told George Stephanopolous during an August interview that he was not advised by his military or defense advisors to keep US troops on the ground in Afghanistan.

"Your top military advisors warned against withdrawing on this timeline," Stephanopolous said. "They wanted you to keep about 2,500 troops—"

"No, they didn't!" Biden interrupted. "It was split. That wasn't true. That wasn't true."

"No, not in terms of whether we were going to get out in a time frame all troops. They didn't argue against that," Biden clarified.

"So no one told you, your military advisors did not tell you no, we should just keep 2,500 troops, it's been a stable situation for the past couple of years, we can do that, we can continue to do that."

"No," Biden said, "no one said that, that I can recall."

However, at a hearing before the Senate Armed Services Committee on Tuesday, General Mark Milley, who serves as the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said that this was precisely his recommendation to the president.

"I won't share my personal recommendation to the president, but I will give you my honest opinion, and my honest opinion and view shaped my recommendation," Milley said. "And I recommended that we maintain 2,500 troops in Afghanistan."

Right after this testimony, White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki issued a clarification about the seeming discrepancy. Psaki said that Biden said that his advisors were "split," and that this accounts for the difference in recollections of recommendations.

So Biden has to throw his SecDef and top military advisors under the bus because their SWORN TESTIMONY exposes what a lying (trying really hard not to say that word) ... um... male donkey.

If Trump had done anything REMOTELY close to that, IMPEACH IMPEACH IMPEACH!!!!!

Comment

Peppermint Patty is doing her best to try to reconcile the testimony given today with Lyin' Biden's blatant dishonesty....

President Joe Biden told George Stephanopolous during an August interview that he was not advised by his military or defense advisors to keep US troops on the ground in Afghanistan.

"Your top military advisors warned against withdrawing on this timeline," Stephanopolous said. "They wanted you to keep about 2,500 troops—"

"No, they didn't!" Biden interrupted. "It was split. That wasn't true. That wasn't true."

"No, not in terms of whether we were going to get out in a time frame all troops. They didn't argue against that," Biden clarified.

"So no one told you, your military advisors did not tell you no, we should just keep 2,500 troops, it's been a stable situation for the past couple of years, we can do that, we can continue to do that."

However, at a hearing before the Senate Armed Services Committee on Tuesday, General Mark Milley, who serves as the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said that this was precisely his recommendation to the president.

"I won't share my personal recommendation to the president, but I will give you my honest opinion, and my honest opinion and view shaped my recommendation," Milley said. "And I recommended that we maintain 2,500 troops in Afghanistan."

Right after this testimony, White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki issued a clarification about the seeming discrepancy. Psaki said that Biden said that his advisors were "split," and that this accounts for the difference in recollections of recommendations.

So Biden has to throw his SecDef and top military advisors under the bus because their SWORN TESTIMONY exposes what a lying (trying really hard not to say that word) ... um... male donkey.

If Trump had done anything REMOTELY close to that, IMPEACH IMPEACH IMPEACH!!!!!
                        Biden wasn't lying!

Knowing him, that was the truth. He doesn't recall because of his dementia.

Comment

Biden wasn't lying!

Knowing him, that was the truth. He doesn't recall because of his dementia.
                          That would be the ONLY plausible explanation, in which case, his nursing home bed is ready.

The Generals' sworn testimony sure does contrdict his account, and Peppermint Patty doesn't have the "dementia defense".

She's a lying little snit.

Comment

That would be the ONLY plausible explanation, in which case, his nursing home bed is ready.

The Generals' sworn testimony sure does contrdict his account, and Peppermint Patty doesn't have the "dementia defense".

She's a lying little snit.
                            yup. And the "split" answer doesn't work because Stephanopolupagus asked him follow up questions to clarify and Biden said, no one!

"No," Biden said, "no one said that..."

so no "split"

Comment

yup. And the "split" answer doesn't work because Stephanopolupagus asked him follow up questions to clarify and Biden said, no one!

"No," Biden said, "no one said that..."

so no "split"
                              But she's trying SO hard! (I wonder if she believes her own crap, or just hopes it works on the media and the American people)

Comment

So far, the hearing seems to reveal that more than a few people advised Biden that he needed to keep 2500 troops in Afghanistan until all Americans were out.
                                Biden, of course, had said NONE of his advisors had told him that.
                                When specifically asked if that message was ever received by Biden, there's all kinds of "run around" - nobody wants to admit "yes, we told him and he chose to ignore it".

They (the generals giving testimony) have clearly stated that they recommended keeping 4,500 (or 2,500) troops, and that NOBODY in the chain of command recommended to withdraw troops first.

Gen Milley is excusing Biden's action because "we just give advice", we can't make the President listen, and we don't resign in protest simply because he doesn't take our advice.
                                IIRC Miley had previously said that 100% of the generals were for the full withdrawal.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment