Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Abolish the FBI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stoic View Post
    What the heck. Why not just dump the whole federal government, and just have 50 independent states?
    More like the framers of the constitution envisioned? Yeah, I'm for that!

The Tenth Amendment’s simple language—“The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people”—emphasizes that the inclusion of a bill of rights does not change the fundamental character of the national government. It remains a government of limited and enumerated powers, so that the first question involving an exercise of federal power is not whether it violates someone’s rights, but whether it exceeds the national government’s enumerated powers.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Basically, our entire government needs to be reformed and returned to strict Constitutionalism. No more agencies filled with unelected bureaucrats who have the ability to essentially rule by fiat.
      At least when government is at the State level, you can always decide you like one State's governance better than another, and vote with our u-Haul.

But when the Feds come up with asininity, you're only options are stay here and endure it, or do like those Hollywood elites - brag you're moving to Canada, and stay here and endure it.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

If I did have questions, I'd ask someone who doesn't think that sovereign states with a limited federal government is a radical idea, seeing how that's precisely what the Constitution establishes.
        Good to know.

If you ever do have questions, feel free to ask.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          Abolish the FBI
          Got my vote.

As well as a plethora of other federal agencies.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
            Got my vote.

As well as a plethora of other federal agencies.
            Unless Sean Connery wants to go to the training academy and snag a couple rookies to start the thing all over again!

untouchables.jpg

Comment

At least when government is at the State level, you can always decide you like one State's governance better than another, and vote with our u-Haul.

But when the Feds come up with asininity, you're only options are stay here and endure it, or do like those Hollywood elites - brag you're moving to Canada, and stay here and endure it.
              If the federal government gets too conservative, liberals have lots of alternatives, assuming they are willing to leave the country.

But if it gets too liberal, I'm not sure where conservatives could go that wouldn't be worse, from their point of view.

Comment

If the federal government gets too conservative,

Omar the Bull will grow udders and get milk before that happens! Sheeeeesh!!!

liberals have lots of alternatives, assuming they are willing to leave the country.
                You mean the lying scumbag liberals who threaten "if so and so is elected I'm leaving the country" and are still here?

But if it gets too liberal, I'm not sure where conservatives could go that wouldn't be worse, from their point of view.
                Is H_A your mama?

Comment

If the federal government gets too conservative...
                  Hopkins study: Feds are whiter, richer, more liberal than most Americans

The workers who staff the federal government in Washington are whiter, richer, more educated and more liberal than the rest of the country, according to two political scientists at Johns Hopkins University —who warn of the potential for a troubling gap between the federal workforce and the people it serves.

"It might be a problem," said Jennifer Bachner, director of the Hopkins' master's degree program in government analytics. "If the government looks very different demographically than the American people, the question is: Can they govern well? Can they appreciate the challenges of the American public?"

Are you an American? Cause you sure don't know SQUAT about our government, either in form or makeup.

Comment

Good to know.

If you ever do have questions, feel free to ask.
                    Sure. I just won't be asking you.
                    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Hopkins study: Feds are whiter, richer, more liberal than most Americans

The workers who staff the federal government in Washington are whiter, richer, more educated and more liberal than the rest of the country, according to two political scientists at Johns Hopkins University —who warn of the potential for a troubling gap between the federal workforce and the people it serves.

"It might be a problem," said Jennifer Bachner, director of the Hopkins' master's degree program in government analytics. "If the government looks very different demographically than the American people, the question is: Can they govern well? Can they appreciate the challenges of the American public?"

Are you an American? Cause you sure don't know SQUAT about our government, either in form or makeup.
                      I did not express an opinion on the workers who staff the federal government in Washington. I was just wondering if there is any other country that conservatives would be willing to live in that has a more conservative government than the US.

Without any evidence for your claim that I "don't know SQUAT about our government, either in form or makeup", you're just being unpleasant.

Comment

I did not express an opinion on the workers who staff the federal government in Washington. I was just wondering if there is any other country that conservatives would be willing to live in that has a more conservative government than the US.
                        I'm quite happy in the Republic of Texas.

Without any evidence for your claim that I "don't know SQUAT about our government, either in form or makeup", you're just being unpleasant.
                        My apologies - I see now that you live in California. Makes your position more understandable. My deepest sympathies to you.

Comment

My apologies - I see now that you live in California. Makes your position more understandable. My deepest sympathies to you.
                          Oof, yeah, living in California will certainly give one a warped view about anything related to civics. This explains quite a lot.
                          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Oof, yeah, living in California will certainly give one a warped view about anything related to civics. This explains quite a lot.
                            Los Angeles County, even.

Comment

Los Angeles County, even.
                              Coulda been up in San Fran Nancy's fiefdom.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment