Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

I&I/TIPP Poll: Biden Voters Abandon Him In Droves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Who never got anywhere near the numbers as did “Other,” “Not sure,” and “Prefer not to answer.”
    We don't really have an accurate count of "not sure" and "prefer not to answer" from the 2020 election.

My point is just that "head to head" doesn't happen in real life, so I don't see the significance of claiming that it didn't happen in this poll.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post
      We don't really have an accurate count of "not sure" and "prefer not to answer" from the 2020 election.
      And I bet I know why.

Because such options were not even on the ballot but were part of the poll making comparisons rather problematic.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

And I bet I know why.

Because such options were not even on the ballot but were part of the poll making comparisons rather problematic.
        I don't think it makes problematic comparisons of how many voted for Biden vs how many would vote for Biden now, or of how many voted for Trump vs how many would vote for Trump now.

Nor does it make problematic comparisons of how Biden did against Trump in the election vs how Biden would do against Trump now.

Comment

Who never got anywhere near the numbers as did “Other,” “Not sure,” and “Prefer not to answer.”
          https://uselectionatlas.org/RESULTS/...&off=0&elect=0

If you were to combine "Write-in" with "None of these candidates", both Jo Jorgensen (Libertarian Party) and Howie Hawkins (Green Party) still got more votes than those.

Comment

Correct!

My point is just that "head to head" doesn't happen in real life, so I don't see the significance of claiming that it didn't happen in this poll.
            Because in an actual election, you know who all the players are. Every possible candidate for whom you can vote is on that ballot. You can vote for one of those known candidates or nobody at all.

In a poll, not so much.

It's really that simple.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Correct!

Because in an actual election, you know who all the players are. Every possible candidate for whom you can vote is on that ballot. You can vote for one of those known candidates or nobody at all.

In a poll, not so much.

It's really that simple.
              The poll also doesn't consider "shy voter" margin of error, which I think is significant considering the stigma of saying you support Trump in public versus who you would actually vote for in secret.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

The poll also doesn't consider "shy voter" margin of error, which I think is significant considering the stigma of saying you support Trump in public versus who you would actually vote for in secret.
                The only useful thing it shows is that Biden voters have abandoned him in droves.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

The only useful thing it shows is that Biden voters have abandoned him in droves.
                  True, I was just pointing out how dumb and irrelevant stoic's argument was, among other reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

True, I was just pointing out how dumb and irrelevant stoic's argument was, among other reasons.
                    OH, I agree, he's just trying to find anything of redeeming value for Biden, and that means --- OMB.

Comment

Something I hadn't really thought about before. Notice the regions where people voted for Trump and Biden and also note the average income of people who voted for the two.

COLA.jpg

The map shows the cost-of-living differences between states (and) regions.

This website provides a more detailed breakdown on dollar strength and salaries in different regions. So, just because a person is paid $150,000 in San Francisco vs someone making $100,000 in Podunk, Missouri, it is a mirage. The former is more likely living in a rental apartment, while the latter person more likely owns a nice home on some acreage. https://gradientflow.com/one-simple-...ubs-in-the-us/

Comment

And he's the one in office.

I wonder how long it'll be before big name Democrats start "passing through" Iowa in anticipation of the Democrat nominee in 2024 being up for grabs.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
                          Something I hadn't really thought about before. Notice the regions where people voted for Trump and Biden and also note the average income of people who voted for the two.

COLA.jpg

The map shows the cost-of-living differences between states (and) regions.

This website provides a more detailed breakdown on dollar strength and salaries in different regions. So, just because a person is paid $150,000 in San Francisco vs someone making $100,000 in Podunk, Missouri, it is a mirage. The former is more likely living in a rental apartment, while the latter person more likely owns a nice home on some acreage. https://gradientflow.com/one-simple-...ubs-in-the-us/
                          Yup. Had a gf some 20 years back who had decided on moving back to upstate New York where she grew up and even got a job paying twice as much up there. What she hadn't counted on is the cost of living being nearly double and she quickly had to take on a part time job to make ends meet.

Comment

And he's the one in office.

I wonder how long it'll be before big name Democrats start "passing through" Iowa in anticipation of the Democrat nominee in 2024 being up for grabs.
                            Probably right after the 2022 elections are over. Especially true since Kamala Harris is looking at this time to be a very weak candidate and Biden probably won't run.
                            "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

Yeah, I guess it's not "useful" that it also shows that Trump voters have abandoned him in droves.

Comment

Yeah, I guess it's not "useful" that it also shows that Trump voters have abandoned him in droves.
                                OHHHHhhhhhhh, I get it --- you don't realize that Trump isn't POTUS and Biden IS!!!!!

For him to have lost that much support this early should -- according to many Democratic Strategists -- scare the shwance out of the Democrats.

Comment