Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

I&I/TIPP Poll: Biden Voters Abandon Him In Droves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I&I/TIPP Poll: Biden Voters Abandon Him In Droves

There are a lot of interesting things in this poll -- particularly, the Independents and black voters...
    The biggie, of course, is the degree to which "buyer's remorse" comes to play.

Only 46% of those who voted in the November 2020 election said they would vote for Biden today, which is more than five percentage points lower than his official total of 51.3 percent in the 2020 presidential election.

If an election were held today, a substantial number of those who voted President Joe Biden in November wouldn’t do so now, a new I&I/TIPP Poll shows. This comes after a spate of recent polls from TIPP and others suggesting Biden’s political support is in a freefall as Americans question his leadership on issues ranging from COVID-19 to the chaos on the U.S.’ southern border to the recent botched withdrawal from Afghanistan.

The I&I/TIPP Poll asked Americans: “If the presidential election were held today, and the following were the candidates, for whom would you vote?”

Respondents were given the following choices: “Donald Trump, the Republican,” “Joe Biden, the Democrat,” “Other,” “Not sure,” and “Prefer not to answer.”

Just 46% of those who voted in the November 2020 election said they’d vote for Biden today, more than five full percentage points below his official total 51.3% share in the 2020 presidential election. That doesn’t mean voters are wishing they’d instead picked Trump, who in recent weeks has hinted at a possible re-run in 2024. The poll found 42% said they’d pick Trump now, down from his actual 2020 election total of 46.9%.

Some 7% of those responding said they would vote for someone “other” than the two candidates, while 4% said they were unsure whom they would vote for.

These data come from the I&I/TIPP poll, conducted each month by TechnoMetrica Market Intelligence, I&I’s polling partner. The poll of 1,305 adults was taken online from Sept. 1 through Sept. 3, and is part of a broad new public opinion collaboration between Issues & Insights and TIPP. The margin of error is +/- 2.8 points. The analysis for this story is based 1,002 Americans who voted in 2020 and revealed their 2020 vote.

Table2020-Sep2021.png

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Do polls even matter when the Democrats have a long history of simply cheating their way to election victory?
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      Do polls even matter when the Democrats have a long history of simply cheating their way to election victory?
      I would love to see ----

If you had the election to vote over again, would you
      A) vote for the same person
      2) vote for the other person
      C) stay home and not vote

I suspect a lot of people who voted for Biden to "unify the country", given what they know now, would simply stay home.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

There are a lot of interesting things in this poll -- particularly, the Independents and black voters...
        I think that started very early on, even before he was sworn in.

A new post-election poll from the Media Research Center, conducted by McLaughlin & Associates, shows 36 percent of Biden voters were NOT aware of the evidence linking Joe Biden to corrupt financial dealings with China through his son Hunter. Thirteen percent of these voters (or 4.6% of Biden’s total vote) say that had they known these facts, they would not have voted for the former Vice President.

Such a shift away from Biden would have meant President Trump would have won the election with 289 electoral votes. (Details below.)

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I would love to see ----

If you had the election to vote over again, would you
          A) vote for the same person
          2) vote for the other person
          C) stay home and not vote

I suspect a lot of people who voted for Biden to "unify the country", given what they know now, would simply stay home.
          If people didn't know then what we know now, then they were either uninformed, or willfully ignorant, because Joe is meeting my every expectation.

But even with people believing the "Anybody is better than Trump" lie, the Democrats still had to pull out all the stops with midnight ballot dumps in order to push Joe across the finish line.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            If people didn't know then what we know now, then they were either uninformed, or willfully ignorant, because Joe is meeting my every expectation.
            I think a lot of people overlooked what they "new" because OMB.

But even with people believing the "Anybody is better than Trump" lie, the Democrats still had to pull out all the stops with midnight ballot dumps in order to push Joe across the finish line.
            Well, that, and as one of the lefty journalists admitted "we pulled him over the line, and now LOOK!"

Comment

Interesting that the poll shows Biden beating Trump by about the same margin as before.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post
                Interesting that the poll shows Biden beating Trump by about the same margin as before.
                Thank you so very much for making a totally irrelevant point.

Comment

As badly as Trump damaged himself after the election, along with the so-called "insurrection," old Joe, in spite of a media carrying his water (with some exceptions on Afghanistan), has dropped just as much.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    As badly as Trump damaged himself after the election, along with the so-called "insurrection," old Joe, in spite of a media carrying his water (with some exceptions on Afghanistan), has dropped just as much.

And the poll gives four choices...

Respondents were given the following choices: “Donald Trump, the Republican,” “Joe Biden, the Democrat,” “Other,” “Not sure,” and “Prefer not to answer.”

It doesn't really pit Biden against Trump in a head-to-head.

Comment

And the poll gives four choices...

It doesn't really pit Biden against Trump in a head-to-head.
                      In that sense, the 2020 election didn't really pit Biden against Trump in a head-to-head, since there were other candidates you could vote for.

Comment

In that sense, the 2020 election didn't really pit Biden against Trump in a head-to-head, since there were other candidates you could vote for.
                        Who never got anywhere near the numbers as did “Other,” “Not sure,” and “Prefer not to answer.”

Comment

Only 46% of those who voted in the November 2020 election said they would vote for Biden today, which is more than five percentage points lower than his official total of 51.3 percent in the 2020 presidential election.

If an election were held today, a substantial number of those who voted President Joe Biden in November wouldn’t do so now, a new I&I/TIPP Poll shows. This comes after a spate of recent polls from TIPP and others suggesting Biden’s political support is in a freefall as Americans question his leadership on issues ranging from COVID-19 to the chaos on the U.S.’ southern border to the recent botched withdrawal from Afghanistan.

The I&I/TIPP Poll asked Americans: “If the presidential election were held today, and the following were the candidates, for whom would you vote?”

Just 46% of those who voted in the November 2020 election said they’d vote for Biden today, more than five full percentage points below his official total 51.3% share in the 2020 presidential election. That doesn’t mean voters are wishing they’d instead picked Trump, who in recent weeks has hinted at a possible re-run in 2024. The poll found 42% said they’d pick Trump now, down from his actual 2020 election total of 46.9%.

Some 7% of those responding said they would vote for someone “other” than the two candidates, while 4% said they were unsure whom they would vote for.

These data come from the I&I/TIPP poll, conducted each month by TechnoMetrica Market Intelligence, I&I’s polling partner. The poll of 1,305 adults was taken online from Sept. 1 through Sept. 3, and is part of a broad new public opinion collaboration between Issues & Insights and TIPP. The margin of error is +/- 2.8 points. The analysis for this story is based 1,002 Americans who voted in 2020 and revealed their 2020 vote.

Table2020-Sep2021.png
                          Iowa is where the primaries begin and a bad showing there can cripple a campaign

242592742_581105326358188_2577668809308624422_n.jpg

Comment

There were no candidates named "other". The candidates were all known - no so in this poll.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

Iowa is where the primaries begin and a bad showing there can cripple a campaign

242592742_581105326358188_2577668809308624422_n.jpg
                              As CNN's Chris Cillizza warned: "This poll should terrify Democrats ahead of 2022." Biden is underwater in every single issue

Comment