Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

When Jen Psaki Says "Not Accurate" It Means Accurate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When Jen Psaki Says "Not Accurate" It Means Accurate

It's getting harder and harder for Peppermint Patty not to lie.

Last Thursday, I got a chance at the White House press briefing to ask the Biden Administration’s Press Secretary Jen Psaki about their decision to cut the supply of monoclonal antibody treatments to Florida in half. (Florida expected 70,000 doses that week and, instead, it received only 30,000 doses.) The response was a classic example of how Democrats use “double-speak.” They don’t really have moral principles, but they do have political tactics.

After claiming that my information was “not accurate” Biden’s Press Secretary then proceeded to admit that the information was accurate. She confirmed that the cut was taking place, and then claimed that “equity” was the ostensible reason that rationing was needed.

At a press conference the same day, Governor DeSantis explained that the majority of people in Florida getting this new treatment were not, in fact, vaccine skeptics:
    At our Broward site, 52% of the patients that have received treatment have been vaccinated, 69% of those over 60 that have received treatment at the Broward site had been vaccinated. In Miami Dade almost 60% of everybody that's been treated at the Tropical Park site has been vaccinated. And 73% of the patients treated at the state site in Tropical Park that are over the age of 60 have been vaccinated. I think that the message is you do need to have treatment as an important component when you're dealing with COVID.

There was no sudden need for the Biden Administration to introduce rationing in the first place. There was no apparent shortage of monoclonal antibody treatments in the marketplace. The Biden Administration simply invented the problem and then failed to give the Florida Department of Health, or anyone else, prior notice that their shipments would be immediately decreased.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Ms. Robinson said the administration was cutting supplies to red states in half, and that there were no reports of shortages. Ms. Robinson was lying, and you bought into because it suited your politics, and because you've chosen your news sources unwisely. When preachers push lies about things we can easily check, it takes away from their witness when they speak of God.

That's not criticism.

Because I'm okay with that.

Comment

https://fortune.com/2021/09/15/biden...nts-regeneron/

It does seem that there is a shortage, and that Texas is receiving a disproportionately high percentage of the dosages available. The treatment is allocated pretty much on the basis of percentage of vaccinated population, with high rates of vaccination receiving fewer supplies. Fox news is circulating much the same story.
      1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
      ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
      Scripture before Tradition:
      but that won't prevent others from
      taking it upon themselves to deprive you
      of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

It's getting harder and harder for Peppermint Patty not to lie.

Last Thursday, I got a chance at the White House press briefing to ask the Biden Administration’s Press Secretary Jen Psaki about their decision to cut the supply of monoclonal antibody treatments to Florida in half. (Florida expected 70,000 doses that week and, instead, it received only 30,000 doses.) The response was a classic example of how Democrats use “double-speak.” They don’t really have moral principles, but they do have political tactics.

After claiming that my information was “not accurate” Biden’s Press Secretary then proceeded to admit that the information was accurate. She confirmed that the cut was taking place, and then claimed that “equity” was the ostensible reason that rationing was needed.

At a press conference the same day, Governor DeSantis explained that the majority of people in Florida getting this new treatment were not, in fact, vaccine skeptics:
        At our Broward site, 52% of the patients that have received treatment have been vaccinated, 69% of those over 60 that have received treatment at the Broward site had been vaccinated. In Miami Dade almost 60% of everybody that's been treated at the Tropical Park site has been vaccinated. And 73% of the patients treated at the state site in Tropical Park that are over the age of 60 have been vaccinated. I think that the message is you do need to have treatment as an important component when you're dealing with COVID.

There was no sudden need for the Biden Administration to introduce rationing in the first place. There was no apparent shortage of monoclonal antibody treatments in the marketplace. The Biden Administration simply invented the problem and then failed to give the Florida Department of Health, or anyone else, prior notice that their shipments would be immediately decreased.

In all fairness, part of a press secretary's job is to spin and lie. Some were very good at it. Others emphasized the spinning and seemed to try to avoid directly lying whenever possible. Psaki is not among the latter.

I don't expect her to still be there after the 2022 midterms and maybe not even that long. Her attitude and demeanor has changed dramatically since she took that position. You could tell that at the start that she enjoyed the job but now she acts like it is a burden she has to bear.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post
          Ms. Robinson said the administration was cutting supplies to red states in half, and that there were no reports of shortages. Ms. Robinson was lying, and you bought into because it suited your politics, and because you've chosen your news sources unwisely. When preachers push lies about things we can easily check, it takes away from their witness when they speak of God.

That's not criticism.

Because I'm okay with that.
          No, if I "bought into" anything, it's because of the Biden administration's HORRIBLE track record on telling lies, and running this person out there to defend the lies. Like Biden's most recent lie that the Border Patrol agents were "strapping" migrants, when there was no strapping, and there are no migrants in that picture.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            In all fairness, part of a press secretary's job is to spin and lie. Some were very good at it. Others emphasized the spinning and seemed to try to avoid directly lying whenever possible. Psaki is not among the latter.

I don't expect her to still be there after the 2022 midterms and maybe not even that long. Her attitude and demeanor has changed dramatically since she took that position. You could tell that at the start that she enjoyed the job but now she acts like it is a burden she has to bear.
            That's the part that is obvious - she started out her stint appearing to think she'd be the darling of the media, and always seemed so prepared and "upbeat" --- as the Biden administration started doing really stupid things - most notably the disastrous exit from Afghanistan - it became harder and harder for her to be "buddy buddy" with the media.

I bet she hates it when she has to call on Peter Doocey.

Comment

That's the part that is obvious - she started out her stint appearing to think she'd be the darling of the media, and always seemed so prepared and "upbeat" --- as the Biden administration started doing really stupid things - most notably the disastrous exit from Afghanistan - it became harder and harder for her to be "buddy buddy" with the media.

I bet she hates it when she has to call on Peter Doocey.
              When she started out her stint, she was the darling of the media, and they let her avoid questions with a smirk and "Let me circle back to that." Of course now that the they have developed a little curiosity and actually expect her to answer questions that she would really rather not answer, the job is not nearly as fun.
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

When she started out her stint, she was the darling of the media, and they let her avoid questions with a smirk and "Let me circle back to that." Of course now that the they have developed a little curiosity and actually expect her to answer questions that she would really rather not answer, the job is not nearly as fun.
                They could have sent Freddy Krueger out there and the MSM would have swooned if only because it wasn't someone representing OMB. Honestly, I think more than a few in the White House press corp weren't happy with all of the circle back evasions and being required to submit questions in advance, and I don't think she expected the job to get as tough as it is becoming.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  They could have sent Freddy Krueger out there and the MSM would have swooned if only because it wasn't someone representing OMB. Honestly, I think more than a few in the White House press corp weren't happy with all of the circle back evasions and being required to submit questions in advance, and I don't think she expected the job to get as tough as it is becoming.
                  You mean --- it's becoming a job.

Comment

You mean --- it's becoming a job.
                    It was supposed to be a Hunter Biden-like job.

Comment

No, if I "bought into" anything, it's because of the Biden administration's HORRIBLE track record on telling lies, and running this person out there to defend the lies. Like Biden's most recent lie that the Border Patrol agents were "strapping" migrants, when there was no strapping, and there are no migrants in that picture.
                      Don't get me wrong, preacher, I'm not suggesting you were any less careful examining this story than you are when examining the authority of your holy scriptures.

Comment

The actual exchange, at least according to White House transcripts

Q So speaking of the waning efficacy of vaccines, I do have another question about the President’s COVID plan. He promised on September 9th that he was going to send 50 percent more supply of monoclonal antibodies to states, yet the Biden administration is cutting supplies in red states by 50 percent.

So, for example, you know, in Florida, they were expecting to get 70,000 doses this week, which they say they need. They’re only getting 30,000 doses.

And this is not just for unvaccinated people. In South Florida, half the people who are seeking this treatment are fully vaccinated. So why is the Biden administration cutting these supplies?

MS. PSAKI: That’s not accurate, so let me give you the accurate information. First of all, we are increasing our distribution this month by 50 percent. In early August, we were distributing an average of 100,000 doses per week. Now we’re shipping an average of 150,000 doses per week.

Over the last month, though — and one thing that I think people need to understand for clarity — facts — I know you like facts — is that monoclonal antibodies are lifesaving therapies that are used after infection to prevent more severe outcomes.

So, clearly, the way to protect people and save more lives is to get them vaccinated so that they don’t get the — COVID to begin with.

But over the last month, given the rise in cases due to the Delta variant and the lower number of vaccination rates in some of these states — like Florida, like Texas — just seven states are making up 70 percent of the orders.

Our supply is not unlimited, and we believe it should be equitable —

Q But there has —

MS. PSAKI: — across states across the country. Do you —

Q But there have been no reports of a lack of supply, so why cut them to those states only if there’s no reports of a lack of supply?

MS. PSAKI: I think our role as the — as the government overseeing the entire country is to be equitable in how we distribute. We’re not going to give a greater percentage to Florida over Oklahoma, nor do I think are you suggesting that.

I think we have to move on. Go ahead, Yamiche.

Comment

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post

Don't get me wrong, preacher, I'm not suggesting you were any less careful examining this story than you are when examining the authority of your holy scriptures.
                          It's always such a blessing, teacher, when you come buy and bless us with your knowed-up condescending fine-haired ego.

Comment

I bet Peppermint Patty hates it when Peter Doocy is in the room....

Psaki: It’s Not ‘Constructive’ For Biden To Visit The Crisis On The Southern Border

White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki said during Friday’s press briefing that it was not “constructive” for President Joe Biden to visit the crisis on the U.S.-Mexico.

Psaki made the remarks in response to a question from Fox News White House correspondent Peter Doocy, who first asked about the latest developments involving Hunter Biden’s laptop.

“First, the president has said and you have tweeted that allegations of wrongdoing based on files pulled from Hunter Biden’s laptop are Russian disinformation,” Doocy noted. “There is a new book by a Politico reporter that finds some of the files on there are genuine. Is the White House still going with ‘Russian disinformation’?”

“I think it’s broadly known and widely known, Peter, that there was a broad range of Russian disinformation back in 2020,” Psaki said, not answering the question.

Doocy then transitioned into talking about the border, asking, “Why hasn’t President Biden ever visited the southern border?”

“What would you like him to do at the southern border?” Psaki asked. “And what impact do you think that would have on the policies?”

“Why doesn’t he want to go?” Doocy asked.

“I don’t think it’s an issue of wanting to go; I think it’s an issue of what’s most constructive to address what we see as a challenging situation at the border and a broken immigration system,” Psaki claimed. “And his view is: The most constructive role we can play is by helping to push immigration reform forward; helping reform the broken policies of the last several years; and listening to his team of advisors, who have been to the border multiple times, about what the path forward should look like.”

What the crazy old Duffer SHOULD do at the Border is apologize to those Border agents that he flat out LIED about.

Comment

I bet Peppermint Patty hates it when Peter Doocy is in the room....

Psaki: It’s Not ‘Constructive’ For Biden To Visit The Crisis On The Southern Border

White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki said during Friday’s press briefing that it was not “constructive” for President Joe Biden to visit the crisis on the U.S.-Mexico.

Psaki made the remarks in response to a question from Fox News White House correspondent Peter Doocy, who first asked about the latest developments involving Hunter Biden’s laptop.

“First, the president has said and you have tweeted that allegations of wrongdoing based on files pulled from Hunter Biden’s laptop are Russian disinformation,” Doocy noted. “There is a new book by a Politico reporter that finds some of the files on there are genuine. Is the White House still going with ‘Russian disinformation’?”

“I think it’s broadly known and widely known, Peter, that there was a broad range of Russian disinformation back in 2020,” Psaki said, not answering the question.

Doocy then transitioned into talking about the border, asking, “Why hasn’t President Biden ever visited the southern border?”

“What would you like him to do at the southern border?” Psaki asked. “And what impact do you think that would have on the policies?”

“Why doesn’t he want to go?” Doocy asked.

“I don’t think it’s an issue of wanting to go; I think it’s an issue of what’s most constructive to address what we see as a challenging situation at the border and a broken immigration system,” Psaki claimed. “And his view is: The most constructive role we can play is by helping to push immigration reform forward; helping reform the broken policies of the last several years; and listening to his team of advisors, who have been to the border multiple times, about what the path forward should look like.”

What the crazy old Duffer SHOULD do at the Border is apologize to those Border agents that he flat out LIED about.
                              And what about the "Border Czar"? How about her?

Comment